Search
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of November 2021
Terminal A - A2 concourse
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - no hot food
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - permanently closed due to new club construction, Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Oh Im sorry... I meant A is going to be closed for renovations... on their website... thats why I'm looking to see if the 120 or 74 lounge is better

EWR A club will be closed for renovations beginning August 29th
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...s/default.aspx
Thanks for the heads up on EWR A closing for renovations as of August 29.

That stinks. EWR A gates are miserable. Not looking forward to not having a Club to dive into.

*Mods - May be worthy of its own thread?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Oh Im sorry... I meant A is going to be closed for renovations... on their website... thats why I'm looking to see if the 120 or 74 lounge is better

EWR A club will be closed for renovations beginning August 29th
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...s/default.aspx
That's awful...I hate the A2 gate area. I will definitely clear security in Terminal C and take the bus over near boarding time while the club in Terminal A is closed. Understood that a refresh is probably a good thing, but the solitude is much better compared to the other UCs (although C1, once you get past 6:30-7 PM, is really nice).
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 1K
I love the C clubs. Allows me to tack on a bunch of steps towards my daily goal. Enter lounge, circle looking for any open seats, exit the lounge five minutes later. Sometimes I'll even grab a carrot or piece of celery as I pass through.

A has the nicest agents. The little room directly behind the desk is probably the best place in EWR to get any work done. The bar and food display area gets a bit tight during heavy travel periods, but I've had success finding some personal space in the useless cubbies.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:32 am

Lounge at EWR

Arriving from a domestic UA flight at EWR connecting with UA to MUC. Layover is 12 hrs.
Forgot completely about American Thanksgiving, so things should be busy and crowded on
11/22. Guess UA is at T 3? Are there any other lounges than the UC? Is the lH lounge an option?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 10:17 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
On Tuesday before Thanksgiving, USA airports will be busy -- increasingly so as the day goes on.

While the UCs will have something special on the Thursday, doubt there will be anything special on Tuesday.

There is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ounge-ewr.html in Terminal B -- but there is no airside connection and its a so-so lounge.

The small UC in Terminal A is closed for renovations but that should not have too much of an impact

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 2, 2016 at 10:33 am Reason: Term A UC
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Arriving from a domestic UA flight at EWR connecting with UA to MUC. Layover is 12 hrs.
Forgot completely about American Thanksgiving, so things should be busy and crowded on
11/22. Guess UA is at T 3? Are there any other lounges than the UC? Is the lH lounge an option?
With a 12 hour layover, get out of EWR. It is a pit. Not a great place to wait for 2 hours, let alone 12 hours.

With 12 hours, a trip to NYC is doable.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:15 pm
was thetravelingRedhead

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Silver Premier
Originally Posted by goodeats21
With a 12 hour layover, get out of EWR. It is a pit. Not a great place to wait for 2 hours, let alone 12 hours.

totally agree
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21

Originally Posted by thetravelingRedhead
totally agree
In the "good old days" that would be a no brainer for me as well. But with all my
knee and shoulder implants I can barely endure the TSA theater once during a
trip. Plus I would imagine the lines during my travel time are not something to
look forward to. Guess, we will have to sit it out in the lounge. But I appreciate
your advice.

Thank heaven, the return is via IAH with time to spare which will be spend
at the Amexco Centurion lounge. Looking forward to that.

Last edited by Exleftseat; Nov 2, 2016 at 5:43 pm
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
In the "good old days" that would be a no brainer for me as well. But with all my
knee and shoulder implants I can barely endure the TSA theater once during a
trip. Plus I would imagine the lines during my travel time are not something to
look forward to. Guess, we will have to sit it out in the lounge. But I appreciate
your advice.
For 12 hours, if you can stand going through security again in B and on the way back, I'd absolutely go to the LH/SAS lounges in terminal B. Not the best in the world, but 12 hours in a domestic United Club sounds crummy.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Guess, we will have to sit it out in the lounge.
I'm assuming you are at EWR during the day, yes? If you can get out, but don't want to go far, you might consider the MARRIOTT hotel, which is basically on the airport grounds.
They offer day rooms (7:00 AM to 7:00 PM), which HAS to be a better option than the UC: http://deals.marriott.com/ewrap-day-rates
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Shower in EWR Lounges?

Flying STT-EWR-SFO next week and would love a shower after boarding a plane already hot and sweaty in St. Thomas before my PS flight to San Francisco.

I remember reading that some of the lounges in Newark have showers and others do not - does anyone have confirmed info on this? And also what are the hours they are available?

Thank you!
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Showers are available at EWR United Club Terminal C, near Gate 120.

United Club locations

The showers should be available from opening to close, or 4.30A to 10.30P.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
The lounge that is closest to gates 121-138 which is the left side of the terminal coming thru security has showers. At certain times there will be waiting list.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by eyuro
The lounge that is closest to gates 121-138 which is the left side of the terminal coming thru security has showers. At certain times there will be waiting list.
Especially early AM with arrivals stacked together from TLV, DEL and BOM.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Thanks all - we will be there 7 pm - 8:45 pm. Hoping for not too long of a wait - any thoughts on this window of time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.