Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Both lounges open at 1 PM (as of 9/2/18), TSA at Terminal B is not open until 12:30 at the earliest.

SAS Lounge: After Security Gate/Area: B60

Lufthansa Lounge: After Security Gate/Area: B68

Both are located at satellite B3:

Going to LH or SAS lounge from various points:
From Terminal B International arrivals: walk to B3 security;
From Terminal B's United Gates: walk out of B1 security and enter B3 security;
From Terminal A: United airside shuttle or outside AirTrain train to Terminal B;
From Terminal C: United airside shuttle or outside AirTrain train to Terminal B;
(Note: there are two shuttles; only taking the shuttle to Terminal B and ask the driver to drop off at B3's LH lounge entry; not the United gates at B1).

Return to Terminal A or C: Airtrain train only.

The following was copied from west_end_NYC post.

I made my first visit trip to the EWR Termimal B Senators lounge last Friday as I had an extra hour to burn (notes: calculate your total journey time from different entry points; too risky with short layover time at EWR) before an 8:35PM flight out of Terminal C. I found the process of acccessing the lounge and getting over to Terminal C quite seamless:

- TSA at Terminal B scanned my UA paper boarding pass and reviewed my ID - no questions asked and was immediately let through.

- Note there is no TSA Pre-Check at Terminal B for the international gates so had to remove shoes, etc, and clear through the full body scanner. There was only a short line so only took ~10 minutes to clear through security.

- Proceeded to the LH lounge and showed my MP Gold card and UA BP at the check-in desk and again, no questions asked, and was invited to head into the Senators lounge to the left of the desk.

- Nice food spread including two entree choices, sandwich choices, and self-serve wine, beer and liquor with several varieties. Not quite the quality of the new Amex Centurion lounges I have visited but far better than anything available at the EWR UC, particularly noting it was all complimentary.

- The journey over to Terminal C was much easier than I anticpated and considerably faster than the 1 hour transit time referenced in earlier posts. I took the Airtrain one stop to Terminal C. Door-to-door from the LH lounge to the UC right past security took just 15 minutes (the C-3 Pre-Check line was not very long).

Notes: allow plenty of time for your return journey because time for passing security at Terminals A and C varies greatly, depending upon the time of day. Terminal A does not have a full PreCheck.

Print Wikipost

Access to LH / SK Lounge at EWR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Access to LH / SK Lounge at EWR

Is it possible to access EWR LH lounge in the afternoon if I have a long domestic UA connection at EWR? Would I have to re-clear security twice to do so?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:02 pm

i guess technically you should be able to considering the only requirements for Senator lounge access is *A Gold and a *A BP.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT
I have used it whenever I had at least 75 min before departure. One needs to pass security at Terminal B. On the way back to A or C terminal it is possible to use the shuttle bus or pass security again. With TSA pre, it is nearly as quick, about 15-30 min from LH lounge to the gate at A or C.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I tried to use the airside shuttle to get to B recently, but was denied despite claiming to be flying LH and not having a BP. "Well, then, you'll need to leave and take the AirTrain, because you're not allowed on the shuttle."
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
I tried to use the airside shuttle to get to B recently, but was denied despite claiming to be flying LH and not having a BP. "Well, then, you'll need to leave and take the AirTrain, because you're not allowed on the shuttle."
Shuttle Dragon.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Shuttle Dragon.
Indeed. As I walked away, she told her co-dragon "I always make sure to check their boarding passes." I very nearly turned around and yelled "what is the point?!?!"

Last edited by mgcsinc; Apr 2, 2014 at 10:45 pm Reason: language
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Indeed. As I walked away, she told her co-dragon "I always make sure to check their boarding passes."
Exactly - never understood their logic for this at all... My new go to club at EWR is Vino Volo - free wifi, decent food and wine at acceptable prices, and good staff...

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 2, 2014 at 10:33 pm Reason: quote
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
do you think it could work? arrive from concourse A on UA connection, take the shuttle to C, but didnt get off, instead get off at concourse B!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
do you think it could work? arrive from concourse A on UA connection, take the shuttle to C, but didnt get off, instead get off at concourse B!
They don't let you off at B unless you ask. And then the dragon might demand to see a boarding pass.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by pbd456
I've seen the LH club many times after arriving in Term B from Europe - it does really look nice but have never been so tempted to "run the gauntlet" of what it takes to actually get to it... It should not be so hard - but that is just the reality of EWR...
Old Jun 27, 2014, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Access to Terminal B at EWR

I have a sort of long connection at EWR (final destination LHR) in a few days and was wondering whether TSA would let me into Terminal B to access the LH lounge with a UA international boarding pass? Is there any way to get from B to C and vice-versa without clearing security twice?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 5:42 pm

You can try the bus from behind security in C, which will let you off at B. The dragons are sometimes nasty about needing a B BP, though.

Since you're *G, no need for an intl BP to enter the LH lounge.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 5:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
I managed this a couple of weeks ago but did have to clear security twice. TSA at terminal B weren't bothered at all that I wasn't flying from that terminal.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: United 1K,CX GOLD,SPG GOLD, Club Carlson GOLD, Accor PLAT, Amex PLAT
Experience accessing LH lounge at EWR?

I'm arriving on UA From NRT at 4:40pm and departing again to YYZ at 9:30pm. I am a UA platinum (so *G) and I was wondering if anyone has experience heading to terminal B and using the LH lounge? I figure I have more than enough time to go visit and make use of it, but will I have difficulty getting there or being let in?

I have GE and TSA Pre and no checked bags, so I imagine I can get out f customs and to terminal B pretty quickly.

I'll have a same day boarding pass and be *G, do being let in I hope wouldn't be an issue. What about accessing a terminal that I am not flying out of?

I love lounge hopping and have done this same thing at IAD accessing the LH lounge (but with a NRT departure).

Any experience?

Thanks!
Old Sep 18, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Hagan read a few posts above. Some people have been denied by the Shuttle Dragon for not having a Terminal B BP, however, if you are already on the street side after customs I'm not sure if TSA will allow you to go through Terminal B security with your YYZ BP if it doesn't leave from there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.