Access to LH / SK Lounge at EWR

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 22, 22, 1:53 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Both lounges open at 1 PM (as of 9/2/18), TSA at Terminal B is not open until 12:30 at the earliest.

SAS Lounge: After Security Gate/Area: B60

Lufthansa Lounge: After Security Gate/Area: B68

Both are located at satellite B3:

Going to LH or SAS lounge from various points:
From Terminal B International arrivals: walk to B3 security;
From Terminal B's United Gates: walk out of B1 security and enter B3 security;
From Terminal A: United airside shuttle or outside AirTrain train to Terminal B;
From Terminal C: United airside shuttle or outside AirTrain train to Terminal B;
(Note: there are two shuttles; only taking the shuttle to Terminal B and ask the driver to drop off at B3's LH lounge entry; not the United gates at B1).

Return to Terminal A or C: Airtrain train only.

The following was copied from west_end_NYC post.

I made my first visit trip to the EWR Termimal B Senators lounge last Friday as I had an extra hour to burn (notes: calculate your total journey time from different entry points; too risky with short layover time at EWR) before an 8:35PM flight out of Terminal C. I found the process of acccessing the lounge and getting over to Terminal C quite seamless:

- TSA at Terminal B scanned my UA paper boarding pass and reviewed my ID - no questions asked and was immediately let through.

- Note there is no TSA Pre-Check at Terminal B for the international gates so had to remove shoes, etc, and clear through the full body scanner. There was only a short line so only took ~10 minutes to clear through security.

- Proceeded to the LH lounge and showed my MP Gold card and UA BP at the check-in desk and again, no questions asked, and was invited to head into the Senators lounge to the left of the desk.

- Nice food spread including two entree choices, sandwich choices, and self-serve wine, beer and liquor with several varieties. Not quite the quality of the new Amex Centurion lounges I have visited but far better than anything available at the EWR UC, particularly noting it was all complimentary.

- The journey over to Terminal C was much easier than I anticpated and considerably faster than the 1 hour transit time referenced in earlier posts. I took the Airtrain one stop to Terminal C. Door-to-door from the LH lounge to the UC right past security took just 15 minutes (the C-3 Pre-Check line was not very long).

Notes: allow plenty of time for your return journey because time for passing security at Terminals A and C varies greatly, depending upon the time of day. Terminal A does not have a full PreCheck.

Print Wikipost

Old Apr 2, 14, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Gold
Access to LH / SK Lounge at EWR

Is it possible to access EWR LH lounge in the afternoon if I have a long domestic UA connection at EWR? Would I have to re-clear security twice to do so?
Old Apr 2, 14, 8:02 pm

i guess technically you should be able to considering the only requirements for Senator lounge access is *A Gold and a *A BP.
Old Apr 2, 14, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT
I have used it whenever I had at least 75 min before departure. One needs to pass security at Terminal B. On the way back to A or C terminal it is possible to use the shuttle bus or pass security again. With TSA pre, it is nearly as quick, about 15-30 min from LH lounge to the gate at A or C.
Old Apr 2, 14, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I tried to use the airside shuttle to get to B recently, but was denied despite claiming to be flying LH and not having a BP. "Well, then, you'll need to leave and take the AirTrain, because you're not allowed on the shuttle."
Old Apr 2, 14, 10:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mgcsinc View Post
I tried to use the airside shuttle to get to B recently, but was denied despite claiming to be flying LH and not having a BP. "Well, then, you'll need to leave and take the AirTrain, because you're not allowed on the shuttle."
Shuttle Dragon.
Old Apr 2, 14, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Shuttle Dragon.
Indeed. As I walked away, she told her co-dragon "I always make sure to check their boarding passes." I very nearly turned around and yelled "what is the point?!?!"

Last edited by mgcsinc; Apr 2, 14 at 10:45 pm Reason: language
Old Apr 2, 14, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.5MM, AA 2MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by mgcsinc View Post
Indeed. As I walked away, she told her co-dragon "I always make sure to check their boarding passes."
Exactly - never understood their logic for this at all... My new go to club at EWR is Vino Volo - free wifi, decent food and wine at acceptable prices, and good staff...

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 2, 14 at 10:33 pm Reason: quote
Old Apr 2, 14, 10:52 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
do you think it could work? arrive from concourse A on UA connection, take the shuttle to C, but didnt get off, instead get off at concourse B!
Old Apr 2, 14, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456 View Post
do you think it could work? arrive from concourse A on UA connection, take the shuttle to C, but didnt get off, instead get off at concourse B!
They don't let you off at B unless you ask. And then the dragon might demand to see a boarding pass.
Old Apr 2, 14, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.5MM, AA 2MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by pbd456 View Post
I've seen the LH club many times after arriving in Term B from Europe - it does really look nice but have never been so tempted to "run the gauntlet" of what it takes to actually get to it... It should not be so hard - but that is just the reality of EWR...
Old Jun 27, 14, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Gold
Access to Terminal B at EWR

I have a sort of long connection at EWR (final destination LHR) in a few days and was wondering whether TSA would let me into Terminal B to access the LH lounge with a UA international boarding pass? Is there any way to get from B to C and vice-versa without clearing security twice?
Old Jun 27, 14, 5:42 pm

You can try the bus from behind security in C, which will let you off at B. The dragons are sometimes nasty about needing a B BP, though.

Since you're *G, no need for an intl BP to enter the LH lounge.
Old Jun 27, 14, 5:52 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K/*G; IHG Spire Ambassador; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Globalist
I managed this a couple of weeks ago but did have to clear security twice. TSA at terminal B weren't bothered at all that I wasn't flying from that terminal.
Old Sep 18, 14, 4:05 pm

Programs: United 1K,CX GOLD,SPG GOLD, Club Carlson GOLD, Accor PLAT, Amex PLAT
Experience accessing LH lounge at EWR?

I'm arriving on UA From NRT at 4:40pm and departing again to YYZ at 9:30pm. I am a UA platinum (so *G) and I was wondering if anyone has experience heading to terminal B and using the LH lounge? I figure I have more than enough time to go visit and make use of it, but will I have difficulty getting there or being let in?

I have GE and TSA Pre and no checked bags, so I imagine I can get out f customs and to terminal B pretty quickly.

I'll have a same day boarding pass and be *G, do being let in I hope wouldn't be an issue. What about accessing a terminal that I am not flying out of?

I love lounge hopping and have done this same thing at IAD accessing the LH lounge (but with a NRT departure).

Any experience?

Thanks!
Old Sep 18, 14, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Hagan read a few posts above. Some people have been denied by the Shuttle Dragon for not having a Terminal B BP, however, if you are already on the street side after customs I'm not sure if TSA will allow you to go through Terminal B security with your YYZ BP if it doesn't leave from there.

Search this Thread