FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Access to LH / SK Lounge at EWR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1565819-access-lh-sk-lounge-ewr.html)

1353513636 Apr 2, 14 7:55 pm

Access to LH / SK Lounge at EWR

Is it possible to access EWR LH lounge in the afternoon if I have a long domestic UA connection at EWR? Would I have to re-clear security twice to do so?

lazard Apr 2, 14 8:02 pm

i guess technically you should be able to considering the only requirements for Senator lounge access is *A Gold and a *A BP.

Happydayy Apr 2, 14 8:11 pm

I have used it whenever I had at least 75 min before departure. One needs to pass security at Terminal B. On the way back to A or C terminal it is possible to use the shuttle bus or pass security again. With TSA pre, it is nearly as quick, about 15-30 min from LH lounge to the gate at A or C.

mgcsinc Apr 2, 14 8:38 pm

I tried to use the airside shuttle to get to B recently, but was denied despite claiming to be flying LH and not having a BP. "Well, then, you'll need to leave and take the AirTrain, because you're not allowed on the shuttle."

Kacee Apr 2, 14 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by mgcsinc (Post 22639167)
I tried to use the airside shuttle to get to B recently, but was denied despite claiming to be flying LH and not having a BP. "Well, then, you'll need to leave and take the AirTrain, because you're not allowed on the shuttle."

Shuttle Dragon.

mgcsinc Apr 2, 14 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 22639460)
Shuttle Dragon.

Indeed. As I walked away, she told her co-dragon "I always make sure to check their boarding passes." I very nearly turned around and yelled "what is the point?!?!"

bmwe92fan Apr 2, 14 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by mgcsinc (Post 22639465)
Indeed. As I walked away, she told her co-dragon "I always make sure to check their boarding passes."

Exactly - never understood their logic for this at all... My new go to club at EWR is Vino Volo - free wifi, decent food and wine at acceptable prices, and good staff...

pbd456 Apr 2, 14 10:52 pm

do you think it could work? arrive from concourse A on UA connection, take the shuttle to C, but didnt get off, instead get off at concourse B!

mgcsinc Apr 2, 14 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456 (Post 22639657)
do you think it could work? arrive from concourse A on UA connection, take the shuttle to C, but didnt get off, instead get off at concourse B!

They don't let you off at B unless you ask. And then the dragon might demand to see a boarding pass.

bmwe92fan Apr 2, 14 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456 (Post 22639657)

I've seen the LH club many times after arriving in Term B from Europe - it does really look nice but have never been so tempted to "run the gauntlet" of what it takes to actually get to it... It should not be so hard - but that is just the reality of EWR...

1353513636 Jun 27, 14 5:35 pm

Access to Terminal B at EWR

I have a sort of long connection at EWR (final destination LHR) in a few days and was wondering whether TSA would let me into Terminal B to access the LH lounge with a UA international boarding pass? Is there any way to get from B to C and vice-versa without clearing security twice?

mgcsinc Jun 27, 14 5:42 pm

You can try the bus from behind security in C, which will let you off at B. The dragons are sometimes nasty about needing a B BP, though.

Since you're *G, no need for an intl BP to enter the LH lounge.

PTY1K Jun 27, 14 5:52 pm

I managed this a couple of weeks ago but did have to clear security twice. TSA at terminal B weren't bothered at all that I wasn't flying from that terminal.

hagan73 Sep 18, 14 4:05 pm

Experience accessing LH lounge at EWR?

I'm arriving on UA From NRT at 4:40pm and departing again to YYZ at 9:30pm. I am a UA platinum (so *G) and I was wondering if anyone has experience heading to terminal B and using the LH lounge? I figure I have more than enough time to go visit and make use of it, but will I have difficulty getting there or being let in?

I have GE and TSA Pre and no checked bags, so I imagine I can get out f customs and to terminal B pretty quickly.

I'll have a same day boarding pass and be *G, do being let in I hope wouldn't be an issue. What about accessing a terminal that I am not flying out of?

I love lounge hopping and have done this same thing at IAD accessing the LH lounge (but with a NRT departure).

Any experience?

Thanks!

JVPhoto Sep 18, 14 5:27 pm

Hagan read a few posts above. Some people have been denied by the Shuttle Dragon for not having a Terminal B BP, however, if you are already on the street side after customs I'm not sure if TSA will allow you to go through Terminal B security with your YYZ BP if it doesn't leave from there.