Search
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of November 2021
Terminal A - A2 concourse
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - no hot food
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - permanently closed due to new club construction, Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
The UC by gate 124 is definitely not at the same level as the other two in C. That said it is comfortable and mostly pleasant. The negatives as noted above are the loud gate announcements, the lack of bathrooms and the lighter food service (I have yet to see soup). If you are simply waiting for a flight, it works. The agents and service personnel were very nice and the chairs were plentiful and comfortable.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
The UC by gate 124 is definitely not at the same level as the other two in C. That said it is comfortable and mostly pleasant. The negatives as noted above are the loud gate announcements, the lack of bathrooms and the lighter food service (I have yet to see soup). If you are simply waiting for a flight, it works. The agents and service personnel were very nice and the chairs were plentiful and comfortable.
I was told by the lounge agent there are no hot options (i.e. oatmeal and soup) available at this location. This will be my preferred lounge at EWR until the renovations are complete and I don't have time to visit the LH lounge.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Just a comment on the EWR C74-ish UC: not sure when they did it but the large collection of large/ginormous dust bunnies on the overhangs around the entrance to the club are gone. ^

David
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Construction is well under way in the C-2-3 UC. Sitting there now and listening to drilling and other construction noise. A/C feels like it's off as well. Not that crowded, but it's mid-day and maybe people are starting to use the pop-up UC at C124. I was only planning to be here for a short while anyway, but if a longer visit, I would have gone to one of the other ones.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: AS 100K
as of today, any idea which UCs in EWR have operational shower facilities?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
as of today, any idea which UCs in EWR have operational shower facilities?
The only showers at EWR today are at the EWR-C3 club. My understanding is that those are ging away at the end of this week.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 7:41 pm

looking at the UA site it mentions a "pop-up club"? near gate 124. is this old news?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Originally Posted by toby182
looking at the UA site it mentions a "pop-up club"? near gate 124. is this old news?
I visited this club in early July. It's been around since May or June. I think UA did a good job putting the space together but note you have to exit the club to use the restroom.

Drinks including beer is self-service ^
Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I was in C club last week for 6 hours. No soda machines, long lines at the bar, bartenders spending way too much time gossiping and not enough time looking at the lines of people waiting. I was disgusted. As much as I hate flying through ORD, their clubs are much nicer that EWR. And now they're closing the showers on September 6th. The Polaris lounge isn't open, and with showers closed, my flight to ATH on the 12th is a mess. If I'd known that the showers would be closed I'd have booked through another city. It's bad enough to pay for a Polaris ticket and not get the seats or the pjs- the fun stuff, but now no showers in the UA clubs. I have to fly DTW-EWR-ATH -Rhodes. I figured no big deal bc I could shower in EWR before my flight. Nope.

EWR clubs are just not my favorite. I like ORD clubs with the soda machines so you don't have to wait in line, then have the bartender roll their eyes bc I'm not buying drinks. The largest club in C needs a lot more employees behind the bar. Install a soda machine or cans of soda, and maybe you won't have 4 lines going at once.

Big disappointment.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 764toHI
I visited this club in early July. It's been around since May or June. I think UA did a good job putting the space together but note you have to exit the club to use the restroom.

Drinks including beer is self-service ^
Based on this recommendation, and having an extra hour to kill due to an aircraft delay, I hiked over to C124 to try out the pop-up club. The space is much nicer than the "big" club, but the din is considerable. There's an OTG restaurant adjacent that is blasting music, plus the usual terminal announcements. It's not a place to work, which is why I'm typing this on FT! Great views of the ramp, and it is definitely not crowded. For the imbibers who care, the wine and beer is not self service, as of Sunday afternoon. There were two servers, and a tip jar guarding the access to drinks.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K *G; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
Are they planning on renovating the C3 club once the Polaris lounge is built into part of it? It still looks like Gordon Bethune personally oversaw the furnishings. Would be nice to upgrade it to the standard of some of the new clubs like B18 at ORD (my favorite club in the system) or the new LAX one.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
About one third of the C1 club by gate 75 has been closed off. It looks like they are starting construction of some sort in the section where the conference rooms, alternate emergency entrance and old business center were.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by transportprof
Based on this recommendation, and having an extra hour to kill due to an aircraft delay, I hiked over to C124 to try out the pop-up club. The space is much nicer than the "big" club, but the din is considerable. There's an OTG restaurant adjacent that is blasting music, plus the usual terminal announcements. It's not a place to work, which is why I'm typing this on FT! Great views of the ramp, and it is definitely not crowded. For the imbibers who care, the wine and beer is not self service, as of Sunday afternoon. There were two servers, and a tip jar guarding the access to drinks.
I am inside the other UA Club right now. Construction is still noisy. It's also incredibly hot. My travel alarm clock has a built-in thermometer and I left it on the table next to me... it's registering 86 degrees right now!!! It's inhuman... I asked the attendant if they "forgot" to turn the AC on and she just frowned.... but I immediately felt bad for "complaining" because I could see the beads of sweat on her forehead.

When I left my hotel near Battery this morning, it was only 65 degrees... and the INSIDE of the UA Club is 20 degrees warner...

I'm moving to the other UA Club in terminal C in a few minutes to see if it's any better. I have another 6 and half hours to kill, so I may as well visit all the Star Alliance Gold lounges
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by MrWilliamston
I am inside the other UA Club right now. Construction is still noisy. It's also incredibly hot. My travel alarm clock has a built-in thermometer and I left it on the table next to me... it's registering 86 degrees right now!!! It's inhuman... I asked the attendant if they "forgot" to turn the AC on and she just frowned.... but I immediately felt bad for "complaining" because I could see the beads of sweat on her forehead.

When I left my hotel near Battery this morning, it was only 65 degrees... and the INSIDE of the UA Club is 20 degrees warner...

I'm moving to the other UA Club in terminal C in a few minutes to see if it's any better. I have another 6 and half hours to kill, so I may as well visit all the Star Alliance Gold lounges
If you have 6.5 hours, get over to the club in the A terminal. Much, much better. Transfer bus available.

Club in A is located next to the A terminal exit. Do NOT exit security.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
If you have 6.5 hours, get over to the club in the A terminal. Much, much better. Transfer bus available.

Club in A is located next to the A terminal exit. Do NOT exit security.
I was pondering that idea.. but how long does it for the bus to go from C to A? (and take me back later?)

What about the LH lounge? Do you think they'll let me in? (UA Gold, on UA TATL ticket this evening)

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.