Search
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of November 2021
Terminal A - A2 concourse
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - no hot food
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - permanently closed due to new club construction, Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Saw this table in the back of the C74 UC this morning. Looks like a set-up for a reception (including the wine/champagne glasses). Is this being set up for an event or is it just overflow food/drink service when the Club is really full?
It's for the afternoon champagne with cranberries service. Or—as your photo so nicely captured—for the morning wabi sabi (contemplate transience and imperfection) service.

edit: did I say champagne? meant prossecco.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by manstein58
Definitely misleading. Having said that (and having been a basher of the UC situation at EWR), I need to give the devil its due. I was in C74 this morning and it was not too crowded-even though the airport was packed- and the vibe a bit relaxed. more seats, many hightops, and more outlets. Wonder what new capacity is? And, speaking of outlets, they do need to get rid of the PlayboyClub black porcelain pissoirs
Same experience here. Ever since they put the high tops in C74 it's been pretty decent for consistently finding a space to park and work with a plug. Nothing to write home about, but better than it was even before the other club closed.

Guess they delayed the full renovation of this club while they figure out the rest of the situation.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Voucher for overcrowded UC

Went to the C124 pop-up UC today. Standing room only. They were handing out $20 vouchers, suggesting UC members go to a restaurant or a CIBO market location. Didn't see "Classified" specifically mentioned, but looks like it's good anywhere there's an iPad. Unlike the personalized service vouchers, which are typically good for just 24-48 hours, this one is good until next June. Eventually found a seat, so saving it for a future visit. I noticed there were other vouchers on the check in desk for 5,000 miles, so not sure what the criteria for the two are.

Last edited by tarheelnj; Dec 10, 2017 at 2:33 pm
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Stopped by the upstairs club in C-1 yesterday. It was pretty crowded but there was definitely more seating with the new furniture and they had some nice features, some of which may have been just for the holidays: a harpist playing live music, a mimosa bar, a hot chocolate bar and someone passing out packaged hot towels, like how you get in Japan.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:48 am
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
on a EWR-LHR today, showing gate now showing as C98, so I am assuming the small club is our best option. flying with mrs tht and 2 little tht's, is there a family room in this lounge for feeding the baby? I assume the pop up has none? I saw that they are turning away vouchers, but I assume that we should be OK with seats in Polaris?
Old Dec 23, 2017, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tht
I assume that we should be OK with seats in Polaris?
absolutely
Old Dec 23, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: united
I am flying out tomorrow afternoon EWR-LAX business class. Which club should I go to?
Old Dec 23, 2017, 10:55 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dilanesp
I am flying out tomorrow afternoon EWR-LAX business class. Which club should I go to?
I usually start with the UC closest to my departure gate.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by dilanesp
Your gate will be somewhere in Terminal C where there are two clubs that differ in the services provided. The upstairs C74 “club” has more seats, two bathrooms,for men/women, and offers liquor drinks as well as beer wine. The “ pop up club” near C124 does not have interior pissoirs, only offers beer and wine, and has about 25% of the seats and space as C74. Neither is charming nor very comfortable and both can get crowded quickly. UA fails to deliver a decent Club experience at EWR: it will claim space limitations dictated this outcome; i would say poor Planning and rollout for Polaris caused this mess.

on the positive side, the attendants while overworked are generally pros

Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Have a 5 hour layover on Christmas. Hoping it's a quieter day at the clubs, but may trek it over to the LH lounge to avoid the mess altogether.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Have a 5 hour layover on Christmas. Hoping it's a quieter day at the clubs, but may trek it over to the LH lounge to avoid the mess altogether.
If taking the dreay bus to A is not a problem, the Uncle Charley at A is workmanlike and tolerable
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:06 am
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
Originally Posted by manstein58
Your gate will be somewhere in Terminal C where there are two clubs that differ in the services provided. The upstairs C74 “club” has more seats, two bathrooms,for men/women, and offers liquor drinks as well as beer wine. The “ pop up club” near C124 does not have interior pissoirs, only offers beer and wine, and has about 25% of the seats and space as C74. Neither is charming nor very comfortable and both can get crowded quickly. UA fails to deliver a decent Club experience at EWR: it will claim space limitations dictated this outcome; i would say poor Planning and rollout for Polaris caused this mess.

on the positive side, the attendants while overworked are generally pros

C74 was not that full on 12/23 for early evening flight to London, no family room in this one for feeing the baby either, but atleast it has the bathrooms.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:33 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Stopped by the pop-up club because it was the closest "club" to the arrival gate.

Pluses:
New furniture
Proximity to C3 gates

Minuses:
Limited food - all pre-packaged food. For breakfast, they had plain yogurt, Dole canned-fruit cups, and oatmeal packets that you can add hot water to make your own oatmeal. Plus coffee and juices, possibly soda in cans.
No bathrooms - have to use the ones in the terminal
Small number of seats
No one-time pass allowed

Overall - a sad execution of a temporary club. Even the SFO windowless one is at least thought-out, with all amenities preserved.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Flew out on Christmas Eve, and spent some time at the pop up. The good news is that the kids absolutely CRUSHED the packaged foods for the long flight. A week into our trip they still had oreo bags hid away in their backpacks, and we took a bunch of drink bottles on the flight with us. The bad news is that it is an absolute disgrace that UA did not better plan this construction. They have enough C clubs where they easily could have rolled out the newer options while not disrupting the others.

A is fine now, but I'd never go out of my way to get there if I was departing from a C gate.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Stopped by the pop-up club because it was the closest "club" to the arrival gate.

Pluses:
New furniture
Proximity to C3 gates

Minuses:
Limited food - all pre-packaged food. For breakfast, they had plain yogurt, Dole canned-fruit cups, and oatmeal packets that you can add hot water to make your own oatmeal. Plus coffee and juices, possibly soda in cans.
No bathrooms - have to use the ones in the terminal
Small number of seats
No one-time pass allowed

Overall - a sad execution of a temporary club. Even the SFO windowless one is at least thought-out, with all amenities preserved.
I agree with your assessment though I have been impressed by the quality of the personnel at the pop-up. When I was there as the C2 club was closing for construction, there was some speculation that there might be another pop-up to be placed by C106. Having seen nothing to suggest that such is imminent it appears to have been just speculation. It's a good idea though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.