Search
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of November 2021
Terminal A - A2 concourse
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - no hot food
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - permanently closed due to new club construction, Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Visited United club in EWR last Friday, the "temporary" club in the high C gate area. (BTW - as there is no replacement club under construction, a bit disingenuous to market this as temporary. I would wager this will still be operating at the end of 2019...)
Pretty crap experience all around, which is what I anticipated. No full bar, only vending machine food, etc. It was packed, to the point of entry clerks warning about no seats available when entered. Only reason I went in was to catch a bit of the World Cup match. Drank half a luke-warm beer and left.

Today, I received an email with a survey asking about my United Club Experience at Newark. Cracked me up a bit, as they have to know how sub-par their offering is in the C terminal....Crowded, hot pit-of-despair.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: UA Silver, AAdvantage, Miles & More
Originally Posted by Benj K
I've got several one time passes I want to use at EWR and the restrictions on using them seem to still be in place after the opening of the Polaris lounge. I've heard reports that people are sometimes denied access for boarding the shuttle at Terminal C in order to got to the Terminal A UC. Anyone have any experience with this? And if you have used the shuttle, what's the transit time from C to A?
I was able to take the shuttle to terminal A without issue about a month ago, it was an afternoon flight. The actual driving time isn't too bad, less than ten minutes. Although it took about five minutes for the shuttle driver to depart on both sides while they awaited passengers.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:09 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
"BTW - as there is no replacement club under construction"

Did you look UP and to the left of the Blue pop up lounge? The new club has been under construction for months, although I am unaware of a launch date.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Visited United club in EWR last Friday, the "temporary" club in the high C gate area. (BTW - as there is no replacement club under construction, a bit disingenuous to market this as temporary. I would wager this will still be operating at the end of 2019...)
Pretty crap experience all around, which is what I anticipated. No full bar, only vending machine food, etc. It was packed, to the point of entry clerks warning about no seats available when entered. Only reason I went in was to catch a bit of the World Cup match. Drank half a luke-warm beer and left.

Today, I received an email with a survey asking about my United Club Experience at Newark. Cracked me up a bit, as they have to know how sub-par their offering is in the C terminal....Crowded, hot pit-of-despair.
Wanted to share our experience flying out of EWR. It was our first time flying united after a LONG time.. So was pretty excited to use our 1 time lounge pass from the recent CC sign up, only to be met with this..

It sucks, but not as though we were missing out on alot anyways.

Also had a really bad experience with the check in staff, because the kiosk couldn't print my TSA pre on the boarding pass.
Escalated to a manager, spent close to 15-20 mins, printed my boarding pass about 7 times, only to tell me it's a glitch and it can't be helped.
Asked if she could put a note on the boarding pass saying it's a system error, so I can test my luck with the TSA agents.
She refused and changed her tune saying I must have not input my middle name, hence the error. Fed up, we left.
Funny enough, our flight back was a complete 360 - the TSA pre appeared on my boarding pass with no hassle.
It's sad to see a home team airport run by incompetent staff that cannot do their job properly..
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by Vulcan

Did you look UP and to the left of the Blue pop up lounge? The new club has been under construction for months, although I am unaware of a launch date.
Anyone have pictures of this new UC construction?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
You're not guaranteed TSA pre on every flight even if you're in the program. But agree, I try to avoid as much human interaction at EWR as possible.

Originally Posted by bluestrudels
Also had a really bad experience with the check in staff, because the kiosk couldn't print my TSA pre on the boarding pass.
Escalated to a manager, spent close to 15-20 mins, printed my boarding pass about 7 times, only to tell me it's a glitch and it can't be helped.
Asked if she could put a note on the boarding pass saying it's a system error, so I can test my luck with the TSA agents.
She refused and changed her tune saying I must have not input my middle name, hence the error. Fed up, we left.
Funny enough, our flight back was a complete 360 - the TSA pre appeared on my boarding pass with no hassle.
It's sad to see a home team airport run by incompetent staff that cannot do their job properly..
Old Jun 20, 2018, 2:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 764toHI
You're not guaranteed TSA pre on every flight even if you're in the program. But agree, I try to avoid as much human interaction at EWR as possible.
The funny thing was -- my spouse whom was on the same reservation had his TSA pre printed on his boarding pass, and mine did not.
I never experienced anything as TSA pre not printed on boarding pass due to a system glitch, do you mean TSA randomly not print on BP so you have to go through regular security?
I know TSA do spot checks and they randomly picks out TSA pre folks in the pre line, but I never heard of not printing on a BP.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The funny thing was -- my spouse whom was on the same reservation had his TSA pre printed on his boarding pass, and mine did not.
I never experienced anything as TSA pre not printed on boarding pass due to a system glitch, do you mean TSA randomly not print on BP so you have to go through regular security?
I know TSA do spot checks and they randomly picks out TSA pre folks in the pre line, but I never heard of not printing on a BP.
Yes, even if you are enrolled in some trusted traveller program, you are not guaranteed to be designated for precheck every time. If you don't have the pre on the BP, you are supposed to go through regular security.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Vulcan

I got an email yesterday from MileagePlus covering my year-to-date activity and buried all the way at the bottom was this:

"Look for an enhanced airport experience at both New York/Newark (EWR) and New York LaGuardia (LGA, as well as a new United Club location coming to EWR this fall."

Obviously no specific date, but helpful to know the plan is this fall at least.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: United 1MM GS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
As others have said it’s not a UA system glitch and you are NOT guaranteed PRE even if you are enrolled. Being in the same reservation does not mean everyone in that reservation will get approved or rejected. You can even get the dreaded SSSS if you’re enrolled.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
The club situation at EWR seems worse and worse everytime I come through. There is one permanent club at one far end, and one "popup" at the other end which doesn't even have bathrooms.

Just to top it off the popup is closing early tonight at 7pm. I guess they expect all of us to walk 2 concourses over.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
Originally Posted by JHake10
The club situation at EWR seems worse and worse everytime I come through. There is one permanent club at one far end, and one "popup" at the other end which doesn't even have bathrooms.

Just to top it off the popup is closing early tonight at 7pm. I guess they expect all of us to walk 2 concourses over.
Sadly I must agree. Big fan of the Polaris lounge. But for domestic travel the UC situation at EWR is just bad. Let's hope there is another full size UC coming fall as mentioned up thread.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JHake10

Yes, every time I see this thread, I want to come in here and reply—

Best United Club at EWR?
None of them.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by fumje
Yes, every time I see this thread, I want to come in here and reply—

Best United Club at EWR?
None of them.
i hear that another Club is under construction. That would be a relief
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:44 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
When at the popup entrance look up and to the left. The new club has been under construction for months now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.