Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: UAL 1K 2MM
It might have been a lot of jetlag, but, I coulda sworn I had smallish fresh baked cookies in the ORD B UC tonight. First time I have seen them in the club.
Old May 1, 2014, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, National Emerald Exec
Yup those cookies replaced the Milanos a month or two ago.

Maybe I am alone but I really dont care for the F terminal lounge. Its difficult to work in there since it is just completely open and there are only the 4 phone booths which are usually full. The decor is nice I just dont find it all that functional. I much prefer the quiet cubes in the C club, also the one bartender in the C club is a complete and total riot... After that I like the B club at the B20 end. If you go down around the corner by the bar its usually a little quieter down there (when there isnt a luftansa flight going out of that gate and the club is packed to the gills with Star Alliance Gold and First Class Luftansa PAX.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerTom111
I've found the bathrooms more than once.
took me a couple of tries admittedly...

im surprised no one has really gotten into the unbelievably lazy food options.
cheese and crackers? laughable.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 3:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tehdee
took me a couple of tries admittedly...

im surprised no one has really gotten into the unbelievably lazy food options.
cheese and crackers? laughable.
Meh, compared to the Admirals Clubs it's a banquet.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: WN, UA, HHonors, MR
My wife and I will be traveling ORD-HNL in April. I have four United Club passes from Mileage Plus Explorer Visa membership to use. The plan is for us to use the ORD lounge on the way out, and HNL lounge on the way back. I know HNL only has the one lounge, but ORD has multiple. It appears that UA #219 leaves Gate B19 most days, and there is a United Club between B18 and B19, but are any of the other lounges better or worth the walk? There's one in the C concourse, and another on the opposite end of B concourse, so it wouldn't be much of a hike.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 1:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SamRothstein
My wife and I will be traveling ORD-HNL in April. I have four United Club passes from Mileage Plus Explorer Visa membership to use. The plan is for us to use the ORD lounge on the way out, and HNL lounge on the way back. I know HNL only has the one lounge, but ORD has multiple. It appears that UA #219 leaves Gate B19 most days, and there is a United Club between B18 and B19, but are any of the other lounges better or worth the walk? There's one in the C concourse, and another on the opposite end of B concourse, so it wouldn't be much of a hike.
Welcome to Flyertalk! I don't think the other lounges are worth that much of a walk, after all, part of the lounge experience is convenience, no? The Club at B18 is actually pretty decent, it was refreshed a few years ago and still looks pretty good. Have a great trip.

Last edited by CMK10; Dec 27, 2014 at 1:30 pm
Old Dec 27, 2014, 4:38 pm

Thanks. I was figuring one wouldn't be leaps and bounds better than the other, but you never know these days. I haven't flown out of ORD in a couple years, and have never been in an airport lounge. I figure with the free passes, why not? Are they strict about letting people other than the "named cardholder" in? If all the passes have my name, will they let my wife in on one?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 5:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SamRothstein
....If all the passes have my name, will they let my wife in on one?
yes, they are transferable.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...time-pass.html
Old Dec 27, 2014, 5:41 pm

Thanks. You guys are super helpful!
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: UA Silver
Suggestions for United Club at ORD

I have been reading here a lot but first time posting!

I have a 3.5 hour layover at ORD this weekend and I thought it would be a good time to use one of my free United Club passes that come with the credit card. Are there any clubs which are better than others? I want to make the best of my free pass.

Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 26, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by trainsplanes

I have a 3.5 hour layover at ORD this weekend and I thought it would be a good time to use one of my free United Club passes that come with the credit card. Are there any clubs which are better than others? I want to make the best of my free pass.

Thanks for your help!
The one in Terminal 2 Concourse F (across from gate F8) is one of the nicest in the entire system.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by trainsplanes

Thanks for your help!
Agree with UC in F, and welcome to FT!!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

I prefer B18 for the self serve soda. Unless that has been "enhanced" recently. C club next for the showers. Flip them if I am transiting from a red eye.

F club doesn't have self serve soda,, doesn't have showers, sits in the wrong terminal. I am not getting the love shown here. Some interesting looking chairs and pictures on the walls?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I do like F for the new decor, bathrooms are nicer, and power outlets are readily available.

I am usually at the bar, so self-serve soda is not a huge draw for me, though certainly nice for others.

Also agree that C is the only option if you want a shower.

Different clubs, different advantages depending on needs.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
I prefer B18 for the self serve soda. Unless that has been "enhanced" recently. C club next for the showers. Flip them if I am transiting from a red eye.

F club doesn't have self serve soda,, doesn't have showers, sits in the wrong terminal. I am not getting the love shown here. Some interesting looking chairs and pictures on the walls?
+1
It looks like the inside of an IKEA store. The chairs are more comfortable in the B and C clubs. No reason to trek over there but it's fine if your gate is in F.

Just to be fair though, the club in F has bigger, nicer, and cleaner-looking bathrooms than the other clubs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.