Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
You won't get dinner in a lounge. Trail mix, cubes of cheese, and stale carrots are pretty much the choices. If you're quick, you might be able to snag an apple or a banana. All lounges have the same fare, so you might as well go to the one closest your gate, which will probably be the one in the C concourse.

The only thing for sale in a UC is alcohol.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 1:16 pm

Can I leave the lounge (go grab lunch or dinner) and then return?

I believe the layover will be ten hours or so (this wasn't planned. My ROC to ORD flight was changed by six hours following booking). With an infant, I don't know that it would be easy to venture out of the airport.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
The only thing for sale in a UC is alcohol.
Yeah it's quite amazing - I paid $5 last week at an AA AC for a very nice Greek yogurt + granola (comparable to what I'd pay in the terminal). UA's really missing an opportunity here.

Even though they refuse to actually improve the food in domestic F, they are in terms of BOB, so wonder why they wouldn't extend it to the UCs...
Old Jan 11, 2014, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Yeah it's quite amazing - I paid $5 last week at an AA AC for a very nice Greek yogurt + granola (comparable to what I'd pay in the terminal). UA's really missing an opportunity here.

Even though they refuse to actually improve the food in domestic F, they are in terms of BOB, so wonder why they wouldn't extend it to the UCs...
When they had the salads and paninis there I would usually get one. It was easier to buy and eat it in the club, and much more convenient because it was quieter. I wish that UA would bring that back.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, National Emerald Exec
I would say the club in the middle of C terminal by C16 is your best bet. It is the largest and most spread out of all the lounges. Alternately I also like the one in B terminal by B18. It is much smaller but its at the end of the terminal and I find it to be a little less busy sometimes.
Given your length of time in there you should be able to secure a decent spot. Also this club (c16) has showers in the event you feel over the course of 10 hours you want one. As stated food is really nothing to speak of, some sort of snack mix, yogurt covered raisins, some cheese and carrots. If you are there in the morning the breakfast spread is a little better (I dont really do large breakfasts anyway so what they offer is perfectly suitable). Beer snobs bash on the beer and liquor selections but roughly 75%+ of the country drinks either Miller/Bud light and you can get at least one of those selections for zero dollars and pay for something else if you feel so inclined. House wine and what ever relatively cheap liquor they have... you wont drink it straight mix it with something. Plan on venturing out into the terminal for food ORD actually has some decent food depending on your tastes. I believe that using your pass should enable you to leave and come back but I would check with the agent at the door to be sure.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JerLon
Can I leave the lounge (go grab lunch or dinner) and then return?
Depends on whether it's a one day pass or a one use pass.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by arctikjon
I would say the club in the middle of C terminal by C16 is your best bet. It is the largest and most spread out of all the lounges.
Also, this is the club closest to OP's departure gate for CDG.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by cranky1K
Also, this is the club closest to OP's departure gate for CDG.
Added bonus... he indicated he was in the airport for like 10 hours so I didnt figure gate proximity was a huge thing ;-)
Old Feb 8, 2014, 7:41 am

Thanks for the replies folks. We've decided to spend the bulk of the day at the ORD Hilton on a cheap day rate (get a workout in, watch some movies) and then we'll head back to the lounge by C16.

Thanks!
Old Feb 8, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JerLon
Thanks for the replies folks. We've decided to spend the bulk of the day at the ORD Hilton on a cheap day rate (get a workout in, watch some movies) and then we'll head back to the lounge by C16.

Thanks!
Day rates at the Hilton? I never thought of doing that. What did you get it for?
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by chavala
Day rates at the Hilton? I never thought of doing that. What did you get it for?
$70. (spend another $20 for access to the gym and wifi, I don't have status)
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Best UC in ORD

I have a long-ish (4 hrs) layover at ORD next week? Any opinions on the best UC to try out? Also, would that be enough time to do anything substantial besides riding the train outside the airport?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Newish T2 one

I'd just stay at the airport personally
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The lounge at T2 is in my top five US lounges hard product wise. Absolutely worth a walk from even the farthest away gate in C.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
T2 lounge for sure. +1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.