Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Newbie question..be nice.

I have two United Club passes from my CC and will be flying out from ORD-LAX-SYD.

I have a 5:30 PM flight from ORD-LAX, then a 2:45 minute layover at LAX before heading on to SYD.

What UC would you recommend, ORD or LAX? I have no time restrictions before my flight out of O'Hare either. And based off another thread it seems like the LAX UC is somewhat of a cluster with the construction going on.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by LeisureFlyerORD

I have two United Club passes from my CC and will be flying out from ORD-LAX-SYD.

I have a 5:30 PM flight from ORD-LAX, then a 2:45 minute layover at LAX before heading on to SYD.

What UC would you recommend, ORD or LAX? I have no time restrictions before my flight out of O'Hare either. And based off another thread it seems like the LAX UC is somewhat of a cluster with the construction going on.
I can't help you on the current state of the LAX UC.

Welcome to FT and use it for the layover. You won't want that much time in ORD before your first flight though. Remember to add time if checking luggage
Old May 21, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
I can't help you on the current state of the LAX UC.

Welcome to FT and use it for the layover. You won't want that much time in ORD before your first flight though. Remember to add time if checking luggage
Yeah, definitely save it for the layover. That way you can chillax with a cocktail and comfortably charge your devices if you need to and have a snack.
Old May 22, 2015, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by LeisureFlyerORD

I'm in the same boat. I have a 3hr 25min layover at ORD and plan to use my 2 free UC passes. I got some great info above. Being a leisure traveler 1-2 times a year, it is nice to use the UC on layovers.
Old May 22, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
The cell phone quiet area in the C16 UC is a verdant sanctuary oasis from the piffle of the DYKWIA masses infecting my chi of personal space..

Enter, pass the Service center, immediately on the left. Pick up a copy of the Economist and the Village Voice and average them to get the truth.
Currently ensconced here. Definitely an oasis aided by fact that wifi is down. They hope to have it back up by tomorrow morning which is good for this weekend's peak.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:32 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
UA Clubs in ORD - Which to use

We're traveling EWR - ORD - PEK on a Friday. We'll have about 3+ hours connecting time in ORD. I see there are three UA clubs, near gates B7, C20, and F9. I'm assuming that the F terminal is the RJ terminal. We'd like to avoid the crowds but I always enjoyed the runway view in EWR.

Which ORD UC is recommended?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Yes, F is used for RJs and is in Terminal 2. The other 3 clubs are in Terminal 1. They are all connected airside and it is about a 10 minute walk between the club in F and the club in C and probably 5 minutes from F to either of the clubs in B. In other words, all easily reachable on a 3+ hour layover.

The F club is my favorite. Recently remodeled to the new style with plenty of outlets, updated restrooms, etc. You have some view of the tarmac activity, but not great of the actual runways.

Assuming you can lounge hop (not trying to use a one-time pass), then I would suggest hanging out at the F club, then moving to the club closest to your gate as flight time approaches. The club in C is pretty good for plane watching. There are actual 2 clubs in B and neither have much of a view.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
A few months ago we had a 3 plus hour layover in ORD before a flight to PEK. We decided to check out the new Club in the F terminal. I took a few pictures while in there.

One note - the coffee tables all had 2 USB ports and 1 110v power plug, but for two seats, I got 1 of the 110v ports and one of the USB ports to work. OT, I remember in SEA in June of 2014 that they had the same problem with most of the power ports being busted.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
ORD UC Renovations / Refresh: C16 Club reopened 26 Jan 18, ltd. space / service.

ORD B16 club. Giant banners in front of it implying that they're doing a major refresh. B6 staff tell me that the project started yesterday.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
That won't lead to overcrowding in the B6 club or anything...
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
I thought B6 was the latest/final PM-UA club concept? It's the one you take the escalators down to? Can't be more than 7-8 years old, granted airport clubs get lots of usage and show wear but still seems odd they are refurbishing it. Will it match the newest concept at ORD T2/SAN/SEA/BOS/LHR?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:21 am

Isn't B16 gate the one they already completed? I would say the B6 gate is the one in need of refreshing
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dank0014
Isn't B16 gate the one they already completed? I would say the B6 gate is the one in need of refreshing
E/F is the newest, then B16 which is sort of the last built of the new/former UA concept. It still seemed fresh to me so, yes, this move seems odd. It is also the club used by LH. I wonder if they either demanded change or are footing part of the bill. I just hope the keep the soda dispenser!!

I suppose reopening as a Senator lounge is too much to hope for.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by meducate
That won't lead to overcrowding in the B6 club or anything...
I'm in B6 right now and if anything the crowd is on the light side.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Thumbs up Good Timing

Originally Posted by milepig
ORD B16 club. Giant banners in front of it implying that they're doing a major refresh. B6 staff tell me that the project started yesterday.
Just in time for the slow holiday travel season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.