Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Originally Posted by ORDtoAnywhere
Yep - no United Clubs in C right now. Definitely a pain but before a long flight maybe worth it to stretch your legs?

They claim the Club in C will be open "this winter", if I recall.
that's what the website says! I am out of C31 tomorrow... this is just getting silly United!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
that's what the website says! I am out of C31 tomorrow... this is just getting silly United!
The print at home BPs for both trips Ive had through ORD this year have indicated the C UC is opening in December (not specifying a year but seeing as this is January...)

A wonderful UC agent in one of the B clubs this afternoon told me she had heard the 26th but there was a betting pool as to the 26th of which month
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Ha.. opening in winter.. just not this one.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Coming in Winter, Winter is Coming....so the C club will open when the last Game of Thrones book comes out?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Clipper801
Thanks. I thought that I read somewhere that it would reopen in December. I could remember wrong. Anyway, no travel for me until the new year. Merry Christmas everyone!
Thanks for confirming that my memory was correct!

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc

The print at home BPs for both trips I’ve had through ORD this year have indicated the C UC is opening in “December” (not specifying a year but seeing as this is January...)

A wonderful UC agent in one of the B clubs this afternoon told me she had heard the 26th but there was a betting pool as to the 26th of which month
They should have renovated the UC first, then the Polaris at C.

Last edited by Clipper801; Jan 6, 2018 at 7:10 pm
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Clipper801
Thanks for confirming that my memory was correct!

They should do the UC first, then the Polaris at C.
Polaris in C has been open for months. That water is over the dam.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by milepig

Polaris in C has been open for months. That water is over the dam.
I know. I meant "they should have renovate the Club first, then work on Polaris". Oh well.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Flew up to ORD for a quick overnight last week and was surprised to see the C17 lounge still hadnt reopened. I had some one time passes to burn before 1/31, so we went to the B6 club. At 1600hrs, it took several minutes of walking around and waiting for folks to leave until we could find seats. I imagine a lot of the traffic was TATL pax, but it was uncomfortably packed. The food troughs were mostly picked over and it seemed the club staff were having a difficult time keeping up with the level of traffic.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:41 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD

Had several agents at ORD tell me yesterday that the new C Club is reopening this Friday, Jan 26, 2018.

Apparently, its kind of temporary, they said its only going to have 200 seats and will not have hot food. (Not sure on perspective for comparison purposes how big 200 seats actually is). Anyway, they said that a completely new and bigger club will open in 2019.

Im passing through on Friday, and just might have to check it out!
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Had several agents at ORD tell me yesterday that the new C Club is reopening this Friday, Jan 26, 2018.

Apparently, its kind of temporary, they said its only going to have 200 seats and will not have hot food. (Not sure on perspective for comparison purposes how big 200 seats actually is). Anyway, they said that a completely new and bigger club will open in 2019.

Have been hearing the same from several of my ORD UC angels over the past two or three weeks. From what Ive been told, dont expect it to be much different in size than it was before they closed it. Ill be sticking to the existing B6/B18/F8 locations.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Just passed by tonight. It is not open yet -- see the sign.

United Club WiFi was however emminating from the new lounge area...
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler

This is outrageous! So they close the lounge for several months, and now will open it back up, most likely in the same space, and it's going to be another year until they finally finish construction of the larger lounge? Wow!
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by jayzala
This is outrageous! So they close the lounge for several months, and now will open it back up, most likely in the same space, and it's going to be another year until they finally finish construction of the larger lounge? Wow!
Its tough to deal with the constraints of airport construction.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:57 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by villox

Its tough to deal with the constraints of airport construction.
Especially given that I've heard the "permanent" renovation would include another floor. Complete headache for a Chicago municipal installation.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by LIH
Especially given that I've heard the "permanent" renovation would include another floor. Complete headache for a Chicago municipal installation.
The person I was talking to last night at one of the B clubs said that the C club will be reopening this Friday. It will be a temporary club, but that they're also going to be building an entirely new club in C. Given that it's Chicago, and that it's airport-based construction, I would expect it to be at least 2 years before that project is complete. This person didn't mention anything about hot food (or the lack thereof), but did say that it will not be a full bar in the new C club -- beer and wine only.

-mvitale

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.