Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 1P
The only problem with the UC in F is that it's in F. Which is the Ninth Circle of Hell at ORD.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: UA Silver
Thanks for all of your responses. Sounds like there are advantages to both F and C... I'll make a game-day decision (probably based on how much I feel like showering after my red-eye from ANC). Now my decision will be an informed one!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC, Hyatt Discoverist , Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by trainsplanes
Thanks for all of your responses. Sounds like there are advantages to both F and C... I'll make a game-day decision (probably based on how much I feel like showering after my red-eye from ANC). Now my decision will be an informed one!
I usually go to the one that is closest to my departure gate. So if I'm leaving from C I'll go to the one in C. If from higher gates in B then the one at B18, if lower Bs then the one across from B6. If in T2 then obviously the F club.

With that being said I like the C16 and F8 clubs the best. Mainly because I like being able to see out on the tarmac.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
United Club lounge in O'Hare is bad

Terminal 1 by B18... It's the worst. 80 degrees in there at least. No bottled water just an empty freezer. And it smells bad. I'm so bitter even on a 2 hour flight to be stuck on this airline. CX has ruined me forever!
Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by starbuk
Terminal 1 by B18... It's the worst. 80 degrees in there at least. No bottled water just an empty freezer. And it smells bad. I'm so bitter even on a 2 hour flight to be stuck on this airline. CX has ruined me forever!
Switch clubs?
Old May 19, 2015, 10:33 pm

Is one United Club better than others at ORD?

My wife and I have 3.5 hours to kill at ORD. I have 2 day passes for the United Club and want to spend it in the club. I am flying AA into terminal 3, making the United Club in Terminal 2 the closest, but I am willing to walk to terminal 1 if the clubs there are better.

Is there a difference?
Old May 19, 2015, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dudspizza
My wife and I have 3.5 hours to kill at ORD. I have 2 day passes for the United Club and want to spend it in the club. I am flying AA into terminal 3, making the United Club in Terminal 2 the closest, but I am willing to walk to terminal 1 if the clubs there are better.

Is there a difference?
T2 is the newest and nicest
Old May 20, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
T2 is also the only one with a printer (if you have a usb stick).
Had to take the shuttle over from C.

I agree, its the nicest. They actually have real plates/bowls versus the styrofoam disposable ones in the other lounges. Power outlets all over the place. Wish they had showers
Old May 20, 2015, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Agree that Terminal 2 is the newest/nicest of the ORD clubs.

The only other consideration is if you are interested in shower. Only the United Club near the C gates has showers available.
Old May 20, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: AADULtArer
The cell phone quiet area in the C16 UC is a verdant sanctuary oasis from the piffle of the DYKWIA masses infecting my chi of personal space..

Enter, pass the Service center, immediately on the left. Pick up a copy of the Economist and the Village Voice and average them to get the truth.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: UA Silver
If you're flying a red-eye, I highly recommend going to the one with showers (edit:the one in C). A shower is indescribably beneficial after sleeping on a plane.

Last edited by trainsplanes; May 20, 2015 at 4:00 pm
Old May 20, 2015, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by trainsplanes
If you're flying a red-eye, I highly recommend going to the one with showers (I think that's in F terminal). A shower is indescribably beneficial after sleeping on a plane.
F concourse club does NOT have showers.

Only the United Club in Terminal 1, C concourse has showers available.
Old May 20, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
See http://loungereview.com/lounges/airport/ORD/operator/UA for a list of lounges, amenities and detailed reviews.

The bottom line is that the new club in F is the nicest, but probably not worth a hike from the B/C concourses. C17 has showers and a quiet room, but is pretty old fashioned otherwise. B18 is relatively new, and B8 is to be avoided.

I typically go to C17 just for the showers and quiet room. I can deal with the ancient furniture. An added bonus of the C17 location is the absolutely awesome views on aircraft - if you're lucky, a 747 will pull in right next to the club, which is a pretty awesome sight.

If you do have time to make it to F and don't need a shower, the design is fresh and the club has a few nice couches with a view of the tarmac.
Old May 20, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
C17 to F isnt that bad with the shuttle, I think its every 15min. That is basically what I did but I had a pretty lengthy layover as I always do for an outbound intl flight just to be safe. I only went over to use their printer though. You get the same food. Unless C17 is completely packed with no seats at all (adjacent to power plugs), I usually just stay there.
Old May 20, 2015, 6:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My ranking:

- T2/E/F Club: It's the newest and in terms of hard product, one of the best clubs in the US. Plus, they have some amazing tarmac views.
- B18 Club: It's also renovated in a similar style to the T2 Club though it can get crowded in the evenings
- C Club: Just behind the B18 Club, it also has some great views but it hasn't been renovated and I swear the furniture is the same as it was when I first used the Club 9 years ago
- B7 Club: Too small, no windows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.