Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2011, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by djs
Prior to reading this thread I was going to go to the club in F on Saturday morning (2 hour layover) however I've been swayed. About how long does it take to get to the F gates from either the B or C club?

If it matters, I'm looking at being there from around 8AM to 10AM.
For a Saturday morning I would try the concourse F lounge.

Originally Posted by Beard Papa
Can anyone agree, or state for the record, that the IFL in C is the best of all lounges in the B&C terminals? I know the OP stated they were flying domestic and therefore won't qualify, but I'll be in and out of the IFL for the coming year at least twice a week and I've never used it before. Any firsthand knowledge?
IME, IFL is the best of B, C, and F. Since the gate of your departing long haul flight will likely be close to the IFL, there is no reason to not use it.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 8:07 am

I'm a bit confused. Is the IFL available to people that are not IF?
Old Dec 23, 2011, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by augkor
I'm a bit confused. Is the IFL available to people that are not IF?
At ORD and IAD must arrive or depart on a three class international flight in F class. At other stations, pax flying F on p.s. flights also get access. At MEL must be departing in F class.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kenn0223
Keep in mind that your membership only gets one free connection. If you wnat to connect multiple devices you'll need a card from the desk for each one. I've had mixed success getting additional card which has been trending towards the NO end recently. I have a bit better luck with guests getting their own cards but some of the agents at ORD are very protective of the card.

If you try logging in and logging out make sure you go to the actual T-Mobile page and click log-out otherwise it takes sevreal minutes for the system to realize a device has been disconnected and allow for your MP# or card code to be used again.
The one free connection thing only applies if you have a United Club membership with your Mileage Plus number. If you have a UC membership with a OnePass number or access the club another way (one time pass, *G, credit card, etc), you will need a wifi card.

My experience at ORD has been that they aren't stingy about cards. They always have a huge stack of them available.

To the OP, just ask for as many cards as you have devices that require wifi to get online. You have meet some resistance getting multiple cards, but that hasn't been my experience. At worst, if you're at the B6 or C17 clubs (where the gatekeepers are at a separate desk from the folks with the wifi cards) you can get a couple and have your wife go up separately to get a couple more.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
General comment - I'm always surprised that there are not better clubs at ORD since it's the center of the UA universe.

WiFi - I tend to stockpile cards. If there is ever a problem, you can swing through multiple clubs to pick up multiple cards. Bandwidth is sometimes a problem. I don't know why they don't fix this.

My preferences are C>IFL>Either B>F. The quiet room in C is quite spacious and usually seems more private than IFL. If C is busy, IFL can be quieter and of course the food is better and they have a shower for arrivals. C/IFL is a little out of way so unless I'm coming or going from C or have more than an hour, I won't bother going over there.

The bus from C to F is convenient but there is sometimes a line so you can't rely on it for a close connection.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Since none of the UCs have showers at ORD (except for the Arrivals Lounge), are there any decent options for a shower after a red-eye flight from the West Coast at ORD before connecting to another UA flight?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Time traveller
Since none of the UCs have showers at ORD (except for the Arrivals Lounge), are there any decent options for a shower after a red-eye flight from the West Coast at ORD before connecting to another UA flight?
The Admirals Club has several showers. If you have a membership, just give them your card and ID, or you could get a one-time pass.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
The Admirals Club has several showers. If you have a membership, just give them your card and ID, or you could get a one-time pass.
That is an interesting option, although changing terminals and going through security twice can be a hassle.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
That is an interesting option, although changing terminals and going through security twice can be a hassle.
The domestic terminals at ORD are connected behind security. It's about a 7-10~ minute walk from the B6 RCC to the AC. No security theater to reclear
Old Jul 24, 2012, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
The monthly pass is a bargain ($100) if you know that you are doing a lot of runs. It saved me when I did 6 RTs one weekend.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
The domestic terminals at ORD are connected behind security. It's about a 7-10~ minute walk from the B6 RCC to the AC. No security theater to reclear
That is good to know. For some reason, I thought they were separate terminals. It seems like the Admirals Club is a decent option for a shower. I wonder if a one-time AC pass will allow entry there without having an AA boarding pass.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is good to know. For some reason, I thought they were separate terminals. It seems like the Admirals Club is a decent option for a shower. I wonder if a one-time AC pass will allow entry there without having an AA boarding pass.
There shouldn't be any issues with using the AC when you're flying UA.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
I wonder if a one-time AC pass will allow entry there without having an AA boarding pass.
You can certainly buy a one time pass to go in without AA boarding pass, but do you seriously want to pay $50 just for a shower ?

The Hilton ORD, which is connected to the airport (landside however) offer $7 shower that come with a locker in their gym room in the lower level, though it is a communal stall shower and lack of privacy.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jul 24, 2012 at 12:55 pm
Old Jul 24, 2012, 2:43 pm

Smile new Club in E/F

Note that in December a giant new club will open in the Area of the former
Red Carpet club in the 1980's on the second floor on the Y between the 2 concourses
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:27 am

Lounges at ORD

Trying to figure out our layover at ORD. (Gone are the days of hubby's insane flying and knowing the ins and outs of CO and all the lounges).
We are redeeming the very last of our FF miles to fly business first from TPA-ORD-LHR. We have a layover for 4 hours in ORD. Question is which lounge should we/ could we use? We're flying business but also have passes from the UA credit card deal.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.