Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2011, 9:30 am

One more question. Is there an agent at the UC so that we can make changes to flights if necessary?
Old Dec 22, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by augkor
One more question. Is there an agent at the UC so that we can make changes to flights if necessary?
Yes, at any of them. One of the main perks.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by augkor
Yes but sometimes the wait is longer than the CS desk outside.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 11:39 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
There are UA agents in all of the Clubs in ORD and a CO-staffed desk in the B6 Club for CO flights.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by goodeats21
One of the clubs has self serve fountain drinks, which might be nice for the kids. I think it is the one near the higher numbered gates in B, though I am sure someone will quickly correct me if I am wrong.

The other clubs require the bartender for sodas, not self serve.

Walk right by the pitiful club in the F gates.

Have a great trip. Hope you enjoy the inaugural club visit.
Both of the clubs on the B concourse have pop-fountains. C&F are the only two the require a trip to the bartender.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
From CO's Pres Plus card page:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...lbenefits.aspx

The United ClubSM Experience — Your Presidential Plus Card membership grants you full membership to the United Club network. Simply present your United Club membership card and a valid picture ID when you arrive and you, your family or up to two travel companions will be able to enjoy the refuge that awaits inside. Take advantage of the clubroom features, including private conference rooms, high-speed Wi-Fi, beverages, snacks and newspapers. As an exclusive benefit of Presidential Plus Card membership, you will receive discounted rates for premium wines and spirits offered at select Clubroom bars.
The other members opinions are pretty spot on.... my .02:

depending on time of day 4 people will have a tough time in the F UC

Personally, I would go with C or B18.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Both of the clubs on the B concourse have pop-fountains. C&F are the only two the require a trip to the bartender.
I was just in the one by B6 last week and I don't recall seeing a pop fountain there.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
My thought is skip the F and go with the club that is closest to your departure gate. There are small plus and minuses to the B and C clubs but with a family in toe, not having to schlep your luggage and kids any further than possible trumps the little nuances people have brought up.

The only thing significant is that the F lounge in Terminal 2 is small and really best for a quick visit if you are departing from E or F gates.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 3:10 pm

Can anyone agree, or state for the record, that the IFL in C is the best of all lounges in the B&C terminals? I know the OP stated they were flying domestic and therefore won't qualify, but I'll be in and out of the IFL for the coming year at least twice a week and I've never used it before. Any firsthand knowledge?
Old Dec 22, 2011, 4:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Beard Papa
Can anyone agree, or state for the record, that the IFL in C is the best of all lounges in the B&C terminals? I know the OP stated they were flying domestic and therefore won't qualify, but I'll be in and out of the IFL for the coming year at least twice a week and I've never used it before. Any firsthand knowledge?
no first hand on IFL in ORD but IFL>UC is a reasonable assumption.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Smile

Yes. It's the best UA lounge at ORD. No need to go anywhere else at ohare if you have access to the IFL. However the IFLs in the US are t that exciting to begin with al temper your expectations.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Originally Posted by kenn0223
Keep in mind that your membership only gets one free connection. If you wnat to connect multiple devices you'll need a card from the desk for each one. I've had mixed success getting additional card which has been trending towards the NO end recently. I have a bit better luck with guests getting their own cards but some of the agents at ORD are very protective of the card.

If you try logging in and logging out make sure you go to the actual T-Mobile page and click log-out otherwise it takes sevreal minutes for the system to realize a device has been disconnected and allow for your MP# or card code to be used again.
Geez, I knew there was a reason I've been stockpiling those things.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
There should be a thread on the ORD IFL. I can't search for it now, but should not be hard to find.

Without a doubt, the best lounge option in B/C if you have access to it. It has decent, snack appetizer type food, decent selection of beer and liqour, and good agents to call on if needed.

As others say, it is not an LH or TG type of experience, but is not a horrible place to wait for a flight.

It is also connected to the arrivals lounge, with showers. I have had some success in using these facilities even after the arrivals lounge has closed for the day, but cannot be guaranteed.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 5:07 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
True story - I was checking into the B6 Club at ORD last Saturday and lady in front of me handed the agent her boarding pass. Upon seeing that it was for an international First Class flight, she was told by the agent to go to the IFL as "is is much nicer there!"
Old Dec 23, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by kenn0223
Keep in mind that your membership only gets one free connection. If you wnat to connect multiple devices you'll need a card from the desk for each one. I've had mixed success getting additional card which has been trending towards the NO end recently. I have a bit better luck with guests getting their own cards but some of the agents at ORD are very protective of the card.

If you try logging in and logging out make sure you go to the actual T-Mobile page and click log-out otherwise it takes sevreal minutes for the system to realize a device has been disconnected and allow for your MP# or card code to be used again.
I hope they eventually go to the PC wifi system - just find the signal and log in (no PW). Of course, this allows lurkers to grab the signal outside the club . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.