Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2014, 6:16 pm
RNE

Going to have a 6-hour layover (noon-6:00 pm) at ORD. Planning to take the Blue Line to downtown and back. Wondering what options—if any—we have for carry-on storage while we're away from the airport. I assume there's no storage at the airport or train station because of the security risk storage lockers present, but are there any other viable options?
Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
United Club ORD F4 Terminal 2

Had not flown UA for a few months. I understand the many negative comments that I see posted but must say I was very impressed at the UC in Chicago at F4 terminal 2. Was UG'd one way from Msp too on my quick trip down to the windy city. Usually fly DL but I like to check the other side sometimes. But again I know there are problems with UA but today at the UC in Chicago was very impressed.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:14 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bcj1949
....the UC in Chicago at F4 terminal 2. ....
newly renovated -- a great improvement over the previous UC.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat
It is one of my favorite clubs in the system! Great bar tenders there too.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by bcj1949
Had not flown UA for a few months. I understand the many negative comments that I see posted but must say I was very impressed at the UC in Chicago at F4 terminal 2. Was UG'd one way from Msp too on my quick trip down to the windy city. Usually fly DL but I like to check the other side sometimes. But again I know there are problems with UA but today at the UC in Chicago was very impressed.
This is one of the best clubs. United needs to upgrade all clubs to look like this. I surely thought they would do it in SF with the new terminal but nope. The club in Chicago does match the new terminal in SF.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 7:24 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The F Club is the best at ORD and possibly the best in the domestic UC system, if I had a sizable layover I'd probably sit there over going to another terminal. For anyone who hasn't seen it here are some pictures:

There are also great views of the tarmac.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 8:25 am
RNE

Originally Posted by CMK10
The F Club is the best at ORD and possibly the best in the domestic UC system, if I had a sizable layover I'd probably sit there over going to another terminal. There are also great views of the tarmac.
Yet there is not a clock readily visible from almost anywhere in the club. But who would care about time at an airport, right?

RNE, overall, though, great club! TSMRSRNE and I had the pleasure of sampling it on our way back from OGG to CLE a couple of weeks ago. A special treat for my wife was seeing some of the products she sells in the club.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RNE
Yet there is not a clock readily visible from almost anywhere in the club. But who would care about time at an airport, right?
Do a lot of lounges have clocks? I don't think I've ever thought of that. I guess there are some on the departure boards though.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 6:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by RNE

RNE, overall, though, great club! TSMRSRNE and I had the pleasure of sampling it on our way back from OGG to CLE a couple of weeks ago. A special treat for my wife was seeing some of the products she sells in the club.
What year is it 1933?
You don't have a cellphone with a clock? Or a watch?
Old Apr 28, 2014, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by scottsam66
What year is it 1933?
You don't have a cellphone with a clock? Or a watch?
+1 Not sure what the issue is with no clock. I can pick on the clubs for a lot of things, but not having a clock on the wall is definitely NOT one of them. JMHO
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
The C Club is the only one that I use and I hope they do not renovate it. I really appreciate the shower facility and don't mind the cookies in the afternoon and evening.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:54 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Just a kind reminder to stay on the topic of this thread: United Clubs at ORD.

FT has a Chicago thread for discussion of all travel topics about the Windy City.

Thanks, Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by CMK10
The F Club is the best at ORD and possibly the best in the domestic UC system, if I had a sizable layover I'd probably sit there over going to another terminal. For anyone who hasn't seen it here are some pictures:

[Copying of pictures from the quoted post edited by Moderator to conserve space.]

There are also great views of the tarmac.
Good luck finding the bathroom . . .

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Apr 29, 2014 at 5:48 pm Reason: See note above.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by elitefreak
Pretty easy, DC-3s for the gals, Stratocruisers for the gents. They even have signs on the doors saying "Men" and "Women" and signs above the doors too.
Old May 1, 2014, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by elitefreak
I've found the bathrooms more than once.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.