Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
I wish it had a shower as well...all hub clubs should have showers.
There was discussion that the showers that were part of the ORD Arrivals Lounge are now available in the C16 club. Search this forum and you should find it.

I never would use them as ORD is my home airport so I don't know for sure.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 7:37 pm

Yes, there are showers there for everyone as of this year.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Showers

The UA app shows showers now in the Club near C16. Is that correct (I arrive ORD from international and connect in 2 weeks).
thanks
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
The UA app shows showers now in the Club near C16. Is that correct (I arrive ORD from international and connect in 2 weeks).
thanks
That is correct.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by cranky1K
That is correct.
Yes - ask at the front desk in the C club. If it is early in the morning they block off the showers for GF passengers and you are put on the waiting list (enough forced overnights at ORD to know this).

Great facility and nice people looking after it.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 3:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by cheltzel
There was discussion that the showers that were part of the ORD Arrivals Lounge are now available in the C16 club. Search this forum and you should find it.

I never would use them as ORD is my home airport so I don't know for sure.
I understand there are showers available at C16. I was just wishing some were available in terminal 2 as well. Wishful and most likely an unnecessary of course, I realize.

Originally Posted by tyroner
Yes - ask at the front desk in the C club. If it is early in the morning they block off the showers for GF passengers and you are put on the waiting list (enough forced overnights at ORD to know this).

Great facility and nice people looking after it.
Agree. The staff is always incredibly helpful!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 22, 2013 at 4:40 am Reason: merge
Old Sep 22, 2013, 5:29 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
I understand there are showers available at C16. I was just wishing some were available in terminal 2 as well. Wishful and most likely an unnecessary of course, I realize.
I agree that UCs compare very poorly to most *A business lounges.

I just wanted to let you know that there were showers at ORD.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I agree that UCs compare very poorly to most *A business lounges.

I just wanted to let you know that there were showers at ORD.
Thank you nevertheless.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 2:55 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Better than IAD

My last arrival gateways were IAD and LAX, no showers to be had at either, so ORD is a big improvement. Something CO always did better than UA I think.

On the other hand, I have nightmares remembering missing the last connection out because of Immigration delays at ORD
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
United Club at ORD

Are the ones in Terminal C any better or worse than those in Terminal E?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Given the recent downgrade in benefits, they all s*&%.

To answer your question, it's not worth walking from E to B/C just for the club(s).
Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
The one near the E/F gates is pretty "new" so is probably in the best condition.

More discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ubs-ord-2.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ited-club.html
Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by caseminole
Are the ones in Terminal C any better or worse than those in Terminal E?
FYI - it's T1/T2 for UA at ORD; Concourse B and C are in T1; E and F are in T2 :-:
Old Jan 11, 2014, 12:17 pm

Which Lounge at ORD (Chicago) - With child - Departing to Paris

I will be flying into ORD from Rochester, NY. I have a long layover and will be flying out of ORD to Paris. I go not know my gates or terminals yet.

I will be traveling with my wife and infant (he is quite and will sleep most of the time).

I have a bunch of lounge passes from United CC's and have no use for them for any reason other than this trip (so, I don't mind if I burn through a few pairs).

Based on this, what lounge is the best to spend a long time at in ORD? Does the food/drink setup vary? Might any be more comfortable for an extended time? (ie: if we want to spend all day in one but then eat dinner in another, that would be fine).

Can anyone fill me in on what is free/included in the lounges and what might require an additional fee/charge?

Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2014, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

They're all more or less the same and none are particularly special. Some have better views and some are a bit newer in seating/decor. All have the same "food" (which is to say almost none) and drink selections.

There is no real food inside so eating dinner in the lounge isn't going to happen. If you want a decent alcoholic beverage be prepared to pay extra for it. Non-alcoholic drinks are free as are well-brand liquors and low-end beer/wine.

How long is the layover?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.