Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Club is now open and it is a huge upgrade from what it once was. The hot food was actually good. They now have a "bistro" service, where you can purchase ready to make food items and have it delivered to you. Pretty happy about it.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Great to hear... Looking forward to pics if anyone can secure. If not then I may have to step up when I pass through Thursday.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:57 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
Club is now open and it is a huge upgrade from what it once was. The hot food was actually good. They now have a "bistro" service, where you can purchase ready to make food items and have it delivered to you. Pretty happy about it.
Great news as I actually have 3 hours to kill at ORD on Friday. Looking forward to seeing it even if it is standing room only.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by EWR764
Great to hear... Looking forward to pics if anyone can secure. If not then I may have to step up when I pass through Thursday.
I'll try to sometime this week.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles, HHonors (Gold)
Originally Posted by EWR764
+1, please.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Word on the street is that the made-to-order 'bistro' service includes Giordano's pies with a touch-screen point of sale ordering system.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
I just saw pics posted in a closed Facebook group of which I'm a member. Club looks very nice and it seemed like the food buffet was more extensive.
They do have a touch screen ordering system for "Club Bistro, featuring Giordano's deep dish pizza."
In the pictures, I didn't see any kiosk type work spaces.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by SPLITTERZ
It is just new food/drink offerings? Did they change the furniture? Did they change the club layout? New walls, windows? We're dying for details.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
I'm not sure whether I should copy and post on here someone else's pictures ...maybe I'll ask...but all the furniture is new, same style and type as the other recent renovations. The general layout is the same; bar is in the same place, same ramp down to the lower level. On the lower level, instead of the long counter by the window and elsewhere, there is more just general seating. Adjacent to the bar are round tables.

The entrance, once you come down the escalator, has free-standing desks with the adjustable computer monitors, for the agents.

But all the fixtures, surfaces and furniture are definitely new and refreshed.

edit: looking again at the pictures, there is now a long counter with stools for laptops and such along the window wall on the upper level, rather than the lower level like before.

Last edited by rittenhousesq; Apr 25, 2016 at 1:12 pm Reason: corrections and more details
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:25 pm

Pics of new B-18 United Club!

Here are some pics! Thanks to a Facebook friend

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 25, 2016 at 8:30 pm Reason: cleaned up links
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc

(And I really hope the self-service soda machine is still there in B18... The club may have been a dump but that made up for it IMO)
Not only is the self-service soda machine still there, it was enhanced (no, really!) to a Coke FreeStyle machine!

Passed through for breakfast this morning as there was minimal traffic on the way to O'Hare and was quite impressed with the new club and food service (Sodexho had taken over). There were mini bagels (and a toaster), three or four hot dishes (eggs, potatoes, sausage), as well as other continental breakfast foods.

Service was definitely top notch (though there seemed to be a lot of Execs there this AM). One of the first times in years I've been impressed with United.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Lots of United suits in the B16/18 Club right now. The Club Bistro is up and running as far as I can tell. I don't have time to try it out but there UA folks here walking people through it.

Looks a definite step up in the offerings
Old Apr 25, 2016, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I see the bottle of Sriracha hadn't been lifted yet!

The other day in the B6 lounge I watched something dump the entire stash of hot chocolate mix into his carryon.

The enhanced food is interesting. Another opening day splurge, or is it maybe due to the fact that this sort of operates as the de-facto LH lounge.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
B18 club now open

At the B18, club now. Decent but very small and I'd say poor traffic flow. Perhaps not breaking news, but they have a touch screen order system here with pagers to order pizzas and other items from Giordano's. They are calling it "club bistro".

6" personal pizzas are $12-14, with other appetizers a salad and sandwiches from $7.50-14.

They bring the order right to your seat at the club. I did not try the service, as I think the prices are a little out of line.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by drewdawg199
At the B18, club now. Decent but very small and I'd say poor traffic flow. Perhaps not breaking news, but they have a touch screen order system here with pagers to order pizzas and other items from Giordano's. They are calling it "club bistro".

6" personal pizzas are $12-14, with other appetizers a salad and sandwiches from $7.50-14.

They bring the order right to your seat at the club. I did not try the service, as I think the prices are a little out of line.
Thanks! Any chance you could snap a few pictures?

Is the design the same as the F club (and the new clubs in general?) When you say very small, do you mean it's smaller than it used to be? I was expecting the space to be a bit larger than it used to be since I understand that the reception desk was going to be relocated upstairs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.