Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by mechteach
Some family members received their gold packets in the UK yesterday, apparently sent international air mail from Minnesota. They qualified for gold at the end of December.
I ended up getting mine today, also airmailed from MN.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Maybe someone in marketing is reading our threads... I just got an email survey asking me about the quality of my Gold kit and how I felt about it.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by abaheti
Maybe someone in marketing is reading our threads... I just got an email survey asking me about the quality of my Gold kit and how I felt about it.
Lucky! I got an email today with subject: "Welcome to Premier 1K status" and in the message body, "Your membership materials will be arriving in 4 to 6 weeks."

Well done, UA.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qszwdxefc
Just called in, apparently they're not shipping out physical cards to Silver members? Should I call again and try with a different agent or just take it for what it is.
Do you have a Twitter account? If so, tweet @UNITED, saying I insist on a Silver card. If you don’t call again and ask to speak to a supervisor.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
You tweeted @UNITED, and they told you no? Can you ask tweet them again and ask to escalate the case? (Today is the first day that requests have been possible if you didn’t request before the holidays.)

Sometimes a phone agent will say no, because it requires some work to put in the request, but (as I’ve posted earlier) I’m holding a Silver card with a 01/2019 expiry in a 2018 kit right now, so it is entirely possible.

No need to reference anything. Say “I want one because it is necessary for my travel.” That’s your strongest case.
I called originally, mentioning that I required one for my travel organizational reasons when asked why, and she actually claimed to have tried (and gotten an error on the website). I then tweeted and got what looks like some still incorrect message that "Hi there, Greg. You should receive a physical membership card in the kit. " but then "My mistake, Greg. It looks like the physical card is for Premier Gold members and above. " and "Unfortunately, it doesn't look like a possibility for Silver Premier. ". I then was emailing Premier Voice on an unrelated issue and tagged on a request for the status of kit and card and got this reply:

Dear Mr. chermorg,
We’re always glad to hear from Premier Silver members like you. Thanks for writing.

In 2018 our Premier Silver and Gold members will only be issued Digital Cards. I apologize, we are unable to request a physical card even at later date.

Your kit has been requested. I reviewed your MileagePlus Account it does not show that it has been shipped yet. Your kit should be arriving in the next 4-6 weeks. I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you.

I'm glad I could help. Don't hesitate to contact us again if there's anything else we can do.
Regards,
I'm not really inclined to call again just for the purposes of getting a card, but it's not like I call infrequently while travelling so I'll tag a request on to one of those calls probably. Thanks for giving me hope at least :P
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Looks like they screwed up. I got a Platinum kit even though I re-qualified for 1K.
I crossed on Dec 26th.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got mine 1/26 but did not pick it up from the Post Office until recently. First, I was thinking what a waste to have a box if there is nothing special inside. Then I saw there was something special in there
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:05 pm

I just emailed and called. Phone agent said "we don't do cards for Gold anymore, sorry." And email says "I know this may be disappointing, but we no longer provide plastic cards for Premier Gold members...[explanation of how to get a digital card, bar code, print a card on paper, etc]... Please note: The Star Alliance Gold lounges should accept your digital card."

"Should" being the key word here, right? For those of you who got a plastic card issued, any magic words I need to use or just HUACA? Anyone have success getting Lufthansa lounge dragons to use the digital card vs swiping plastic (which is what they've always insisted on for me)? Priority lines in Asian airports also love physical cards. I don't know why this is so irritating to me, but it feels as nickel-dimey as half-cashews. I'd so rather have my card than the dumb luggage tag.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

I just emailed and called. Phone agent said "we don't do cards for Gold anymore, sorry." And email says "I know this may be disappointing, but we no longer provide plastic cards for Premier Gold members...[explanation of how to get a digital card, bar code, print a card on paper, etc]... Please note: The Star Alliance Gold lounges should accept your digital card."

"Should" being the key word here, right? For those of you who got a plastic card issued, any magic words I need to use or just HUACA? Anyone have success getting Lufthansa lounge dragons to use the digital card vs swiping plastic (which is what they've always insisted on for me)? Priority lines in Asian airports also love physical cards. I don't know why this is so irritating to me, but it feels as nickel-dimey as half-cashews. I'd so rather have my card than the dumb luggage tag.
I’d call again and insist on a card, if you really want one, especially as a Gold. You can ask to escalate the case to a supervisor if need be. The only hold-up could be if you requested a full kit in the last few weeks, at which point the supervisor should tell you a date in which you can call in and request one.
abaheti likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
"I dn't have a smartphone to display a digital card on" would probably be a good thing to say...
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
"I dn't have a smartphone to display a digital card on" would probably be a good thing to say...
Funny, I was just thinking this same thing, and it is true -- I am a die hard BlackBerry user, so the fancy app probably won't run on my BB OS phone.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Funny, I was just thinking this same thing, and it is true -- I am a die hard BlackBerry user, so the fancy app probably won't run on my BB OS phone.
I gave up my BBS Blackberry for ... an Android Blackberry! The app works for me -- but then again UA sent me a card. Good luck and let us know what UA says.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:19 pm

Bingo! So I replied to the email saying I don't have a phone capable of running the app and that I require a card for international use. Then I called and got a nice rep. He didn't ask why, just started to process the request but also noticed that someone else had put in a request. Basically, someone had acted on my email within the few minutes it took me to get a rep on the phone. Had him do my MM companion too (he had it so I didn't need to give him her MP #). I asked him if they are getting a lot of calls about this and he said "oh yeah, tons" and then something to the effect of "I don't think this is saving much money". So, HUACA it is. Have to say I'm impressed that my email was acted on so quickly and that his system let him see everything.

(I'm holding on to my Classic -- keyboard and HUB are too valuable!! I may PM you about the Android option!)
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Bingo! So I replied to the email saying I don't have a phone capable of running the app and that I require a card for international use. Then I called and got a nice rep. He didn't ask why, just started to process the request but also noticed that someone else had put in a request. Basically, someone had acted on my email within the few minutes it took me to get a rep on the phone. Had him do my MM companion too (he had it so I didn't need to give him her MP #). I asked him if they are getting a lot of calls about this and he said "oh yeah, tons" and then something to the effect of "I don't think this is saving much money". So, HUACA it is. Have to say I'm impressed that my email was acted on so quickly and that his system let him see everything.

(I'm holding on to my Classic -- keyboard and HUB are too valuable!! I may PM you about the Android option!)
My best guess is that there was an internal memo to reps to try to push people to use the mobile card.

When I called, they asked me why I don’t just print out a card, I replied that I don’t have a printer (which is TRUE) and she processed the physical Silver card.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:40 pm

My best guess is that there was an internal memo to reps to try to push people to use the mobile card.

When I called, they asked me why I don’t just print out a card, I replied that I don’t have a printer (which is TRUE) and she processed the physical Silver card.
I viewed my "printable" card and didn't see the barcode; if they want to push people the barcode is what might make its usability on par with the app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.