FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:21 pm
NikoLGA

Originally Posted by abaheti
I just emailed and called. Phone agent said "we don't do cards for Gold anymore, sorry." And email says "I know this may be disappointing, but we no longer provide plastic cards for Premier Gold members...[explanation of how to get a digital card, bar code, print a card on paper, etc]... Please note: The Star Alliance Gold lounges should accept your digital card."

"Should" being the key word here, right? For those of you who got a plastic card issued, any magic words I need to use or just HUACA? Anyone have success getting Lufthansa lounge dragons to use the digital card vs swiping plastic (which is what they've always insisted on for me)? Priority lines in Asian airports also love physical cards. I don't know why this is so irritating to me, but it feels as nickel-dimey as half-cashews. I'd so rather have my card than the dumb luggage tag.
I’d call again and insist on a card, if you really want one, especially as a Gold. You can ask to escalate the case to a supervisor if need be. The only hold-up could be if you requested a full kit in the last few weeks, at which point the supervisor should tell you a date in which you can call in and request one.