FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1870313-2018-premier-kits-shipping-have-you-received-yours.html)

NikoLGA Oct 4, 2017 11:33 am

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

This is a nice early change, I surpassed the thresholds for Premier Silver and just received my kit this morning in NYC (sans card). As per the new rules, I’ve called the Premier Priority Desk to request the plastic Silver card separately, and one is already pending.

Of course, while the kit has a 2019 expiry, it’s still in the 2017 design (with the 787 flying over the country). Typically, the following years’ kit design and new card design comes out at around Thanksgiving.

KDS777 Oct 5, 2017 2:08 pm

Is the the first time you've hit status on UAL ?

Reason I ask, is that I hit silver in April, Gold in July, and have been Gold for about 7 years now since I lost 1K.

Never got anything at any time unless I gained a "new" status level. Just the usual package at year end. I believe this is your case.

cyclogenesis Oct 5, 2017 2:18 pm

Wow.. that is early.. I am 1K only requaled for silver so far.. Will be gold in a month and very likely 1K for the year..

NikoLGA Oct 12, 2017 3:12 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle (Post 28925070)
Moderators: Think it is time for the 2018 thread.... :-)

We kind of have one going over here.....

Originally Posted by KDS777 (Post 28898026)
Is the the first time you've hit status on UAL ?

Reason I ask, is that I hit silver in April, Gold in July, and have been Gold for about 7 years now since I lost 1K.

Never got anything at any time unless I gained a "new" status level. Just the usual package at year end. I believe this is your case.

Nope I’ve been Premier Silver since 2014. I do qualify via RewardsPlus, so whenever Marriott tells United that I’ve re-qualified, I get one in about 3-4 weeks.

Here’s the look of them over the years:

cfischer Oct 12, 2017 4:20 pm

weird, I re-qualified for 1K in March ... nothing yet.

YoYoGodMom Oct 12, 2017 6:29 pm

Qualified as 1K in August. 2018 Kit came around mid/late Sept.

jmcintosh Oct 12, 2017 7:59 pm

Requalified in May and have not seen anything yet. In Canada though so the mail can take longer.

PsiFighter37 Oct 12, 2017 8:00 pm

I re-qualified for 1K in late August...still haven't received my new kit yet.

Hipplewm Oct 13, 2017 5:26 am

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 28925893)

Are you borderline GS? I re qual'ed early last year and was borderline, didn't get my stuff until March or so. Year before i was never going to make anything but 1K, got it in December.....

WineCountryUA Oct 13, 2017 6:46 am

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 28925893)

Originally Posted by jmcintosh (Post 28926430)
Requalified in May and have not seen anything yet. In Canada though so the mail can take longer.

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 (Post 28926435)
I re-qualified for 1K in late August...still haven't received my new kit yet.

Unless something has changed, re-qualifiers will not get kits until January. There is no need as the present card is valid till end of January.

Not sure what happened or why, but doubt UA has changed membership kits for re-qualifiers. Note as a Silver, the OP did not get a new card (but had to manually request).

Qualifying for a new level will generate a "mid-year" kit.

NikoLGA Oct 13, 2017 11:12 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 28927755)
Note as a Silver, the OP did not get a new card (but had to manually request).

Qualifying for a new level will generate a "mid-year" kit.

Yep, the policy is that Gold and above get a card, whereas Silvers only have the digital card, but can get a plastic card if you call the Premier desk. It comes in a “replacement card” envelope.

cfischer Oct 13, 2017 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade (Post 28930000)
mystatus.united.com shows my 2018 GS kit is "pending" for shipment. :)

$60k right now

Originally Posted by Hipplewm (Post 28927580)
Are you borderline GS? I re qual'ed early last year and was borderline, didn't get my stuff until March or so. Year before i was never going to make anything but 1K, got it in December.....

wow

JHake10 Oct 13, 2017 10:33 pm

Requalified for 1K in late August. My Status doesn't note pending or shipped yet. Last year they did not even send me an updated United Club membership card until I called.

NikoLGA Oct 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10 (Post 28930632)
Requalified for 1K in late August. My Status doesn't note pending or shipped yet. Last year they did not even send me an updated United Club membership card until I called.

Sometimes you have to call to move things along.

ctiberius Oct 23, 2017 12:23 pm

hmmm

Passed Silver and Gold long time ago. Platinum in late summer. 1K a few weeks ago. I'm over 130 segments now. Have seen no kit for any level. I figured they just stopped sending these.