Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat

Starting to become time for elite packets for 2015 (with Jan 2016 expiration) to be delivered. (and reports 16 Dec of having received 2015 kits).

Noticed today the mystatus.united.com page has put up a banner
Your kit status: Pending
Your Premier 1K membership materials are being processed. Please check back for updates on shipping.
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Also since there is a separate 2014 thread, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...d-packets.html, let's leave "still have not gone 2014 kit" for that thread.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 16, 2014 at 9:59 pm
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Mine says that my Premier Gold card has been shipped and should be received within four to six weeks.

No more air travel for me between now and the end of the year; I stopped at 65k. Glad United's not expecting me to have unexpected trips between now and the end of the year that would take me over 75k.

Last edited by sannmann; Dec 16, 2014 at 4:45 pm
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:04 pm
RNE

Why does UA send Premier materials before year-end? How can it know what level I will qualify for by December 31?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: United 1K,CX GOLD,SPG GOLD, Club Carlson GOLD, Accor PLAT, Amex PLAT
Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

I received both gold and platinum kits pretty timely as a first timer this year. 1K is exactly as OP stated, "processing" even though I qualified November 5th and confirmed from 1K voice that a kit had been requested on that date.

Surprised though that I received no email upon hitting 1K. Gold and Platinum both resulted in emails with congratulations, benefits, kit tracking info, etc.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA GS
Received my 1K renewal kit today. Same as usual(even same color drink tickets, so maybe expired ones won't be noticed), though the luggage tags are about half the size as in the past. My partner received his silver kit as well.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
When I follow the link that the OP posted, it takes me to the status tracker website, but nothing on there about my Plat kit being processed or shipped. Is this a browser cookie issue or maybe everyone's hasn't updated yet? Only reason I'm curious is I've had issues the past two years getting my kit in a timely manner so I like to be ahead of the curve if there's an issue.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
As of last week mine was showing that my kit shipped. I re-qualified early Nov.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
When I follow the link that the OP posted, it takes me to the status tracker website, but nothing on there about my Plat kit being processed or shipped. Is this a browser cookie issue or maybe everyone's hasn't updated yet? Only reason I'm curious is I've had issues the past two years getting my kit in a timely manner so I like to be ahead of the curve if there's an issue.
As a data point. I am Platinum, qualified from Gold last month, site says pending, materials being processed.

Question, when you qualify for a new higher status (Platinum) do drink chits come with the new qualification packet or only with the annual packet?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Interesting, I have no banner that says that my credential materials are being processed.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Interesting, I have no banner that says that my credential materials are being processed.
Same here, I guess I'm not the only one! Maybe it hasn't hit everyone's profiles yet...
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
Same here, I guess I'm not the only one! Maybe it hasn't hit everyone's profiles yet...
Are you logging into http://mystatus.united.com

That's where the status would be; not in your united.com landing page/profile
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by Adrock1976
Are you logging into http://mystatus.united.com

That's where the status would be; not in your united.com landing page/profile
Yes and the mystatus.united.com does not have a banner for me like OP suggests.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
I requalified for 1K back in September/October. I sent a note to 1kvoice a week ago, and the page quickly changed from Processing to Shipped.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
When you have millions for customers to deal with, you tend to process the population over a period of time. Just like email notifications of promotions. So some are receiving packets first, some are seeing the kit banner first, ..... This is pretty much what one would expect, I'm sure it will show up eventually for the rest,

But please let's not flood the threads "me neither" responses.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
2014 Status: 1K
Re-qualified: 7 DEC 2014
No Emails for any status mile marks.
Banner appeared 16 DEC 2014 (previously it said nothing): "Your 4 membership materials are being processed. Please check back for updates on shipping."
Shipment Date: 1/15/2015
Delivery Date: 1/22/2015

Last edited by PushingTin; Jan 24, 2015 at 4:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.