Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by brp1264
I was just in FRA and MUC last month and that wasn't my experience - all I needed was my boarding pass. I even guested a friend traveling with me on a separate UA flight in FRA. The agent said "You're not on the same flight." I replied "Correct, is that a problem?" "Nope - go on in".
Yes, usually it works like that but from time to time something happens that makes it not work like that. FRA was the place that one time it did not work like that for me. I entered a LH lounge with my wife. After sitting down, my wife says that this lounge is not the one we usually use. She goes check in the entrance, talks to the agent there who tells her that this is the only lounge we have access to and that there's no other lounge we can access in that Terminal. My wife comes back. We chat a few minutes with the passengers sitting next to us and they comment that they have to spend 6 hours in that lounge and that it does not look very good. My wife decides to leave the lounge and look for another lounge. She finds a LH Senator's lounge. She inquires inside and they tell her that if I have my membership card with the Star Alliance Gold symbol we would have access to it. My wife comes back and we decide to go to the Senator's Lounge. Getting out, I did mention what we were doing to the agent in the entrance. She gave us a dirty look but who cares as we were not going to see her again.

And like I said, there are other passengers for whom the same situation has happened. That's why having the card in hand is useful.
abaheti likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Yes, usually it works like that but from time to time something happens that makes it not work like that. FRA was the place that one time it did not work like that for me. I entered a LH lounge with my wife. After sitting down, my wife says that this lounge is not the one we usually use. She goes check in the entrance, talks to the agent there who tells her that this is the only lounge we have access to and that there's no other lounge we can access in that Terminal. My wife comes back. We chat a few minutes with the passengers sitting next to us and they comment that they have to spend 6 hours in that lounge and that it does not look very good. My wife decides to leave the lounge and look for another lounge. She finds a LH Senator's lounge. She inquires inside and they tell her that if I have my membership card with the Star Alliance Gold symbol we would have access to it. My wife comes back and we decide to go to the Senator's Lounge. Getting out, I did mention what we were doing to the agent in the entrance. She gave us a dirty look but who cares as we were not going to see her again.

And like I said, there are other passengers for whom the same situation has happened. That's why having the card in hand is useful.
This mirrors my experience. The card helps in certain locations, and with LH I've been flat out denied the right lounge without producing a card.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:56 am

Was in FRA last week and was again asked to show physical UA card for terminal A SEN lounge.

I just stored my bag in a locker and went back into the terminal, and interestingly enough, wasn't asked for the card on re-entry, although it's possible the dragon noticed the locker key in my other hand, or they stored the necessary entry information in my PNR after the first entry.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by mozilla
Was in FRA last week and was again asked to show physical UA card for terminal A SEN lounge.

I just stored my bag in a locker and went back into the terminal, and interestingly enough, wasn't asked for the card on re-entry, although it's possible the dragon noticed the locker key in my other hand, or they stored the necessary entry information in my PNR after the first entry.
FRA, the usual culprit.

FWIW, my wife always leaves lounges to go check the stores and she's never asked to show her boarding pass or card for re-entry. It seems they remember who enters and leaves. The last time was in MUC.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: United Platinum; SPG/Marriott Platinum
Qualified for Platinum for the first time in mid-September and I received my kit today, a month later. I had also newly qualified for Silver and Gold over the last several months but I never received a kit for those. The Kit Status had always just said "Your digital card is available" - until it said "Pending" once I qualified for Platinum. I'm not sure if it was just the timing of me qualifying for Platinum, or if they're no longer sending kits for Silver and Gold midyear anymore? Anyway, I'm happy to finally have the elite status luggage tags.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: United (Platinum), IHG (Spire), Hilton Honors(Diamond)
I started the year at Silver, hit Gold in May and Platinum a week ago... my page says

PENDING "While your Premier Platinum membership materials are processed, download the United app for instant access to your digital card. Tap the card to view important phone numbers."
Old Oct 25, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
I called today about getting a kit sent to me. They told me that they can't even request one right now and to try again in January if I still haven't received it.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum
I became a Silver about eight weeks ago, and Premier Gold just about two weeks ago. I guess I should not hold my breath awaiting my kit to arrive before January of 2019?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Paris92
I became a Silver about eight weeks ago, and Premier Gold just about two weeks ago. I guess I should not hold my breath awaiting my kit to arrive before January of 2019?
And when it arrives you will be very disappointed. Premier Gold don't get a card in the mail anymore.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
After my call yesterday, I also emailed them using the contact form on their website. Their response this morning was that my "Premier Gold Kit will be mailed soon to [my] primary address on the account."
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
I earned Platinum on my way to Australia and 1K on my way back during the last week of Sept. Got my Platinum kit almost 2 weeks ago and my 1K kit today (although it looks like the Post Office received it a week ago). I thought the 1K was supposed to have a special bag tag? It looks like the Platinum kit with the addition of some more drink vouchers, a trifold card with special phone numbers, and some drink coasters. Whee.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by ExplorerWannabe
I thought the 1K was supposed to have a special bag tag? It looks like the Platinum kit with the addition of some more drink vouchers, a trifold card with special phone numbers, and some drink coasters. Whee.
If you are referring to the Yellow Baggage Handle Wrap, I received mine this year about 3 months after I first qualified for 1K (I qualified in December 2017).
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus - 1K
I received a platinum kit in late November, however I kept flying (like all of us) and made 1K in late November as well. Will United be shipping a new kit to me or should I call? Concerned about my bag tag as well since the first two months of travel in 2019 looks to be on the RJ200/145 for me (already booked 10 trips so far across those months).
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rj_flyer
I received a platinum kit in late November, however I kept flying (like all of us) and made 1K in late November as well. Will United be shipping a new kit to me or should I call? ....
At this time of the year, UA may defer to the normal January 2019 shipments (which would be an 1K package for you).
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
As we are in the waning days of 2018, it is doubtful UA will be shipping any more 2018 kits and the shipment of the 2019 kits should start soon, so will close this thread and refer folks to 2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.