Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA, LH, BA
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Those denials were in 2018?
What about your BP? That should have qualified your also.
Boarding pass did show Star Gold, but lounge attendant insisted on seeing the physical card. In fact, they had a decal taped to the counter at the entrance that said the same.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by mozilla
Called in and they'll ship my UA*G card, rep said that in my case this would be no problem because they could see I do a lot of INTL travel. ...
Just came home after a week of travel and found my physical UA*G card in the mailbox. Was shipped in a "replacement membership materials" envelope which only contained the card in a booklet.

So for me it took approx +/- 4 weeks after the request was made (I live in AZ, the envelope came from MN and doesn't indicate when it was shipped).
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I lost my 1K status in Feb but just requalified. Got a notice to use my digital card. Seems physical cards are no longer automatically sent for any status level except maybe GS starting this year.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: UA GS 0.9MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 764toHI
I also received a 2018 Gold kit today with no physical card - should I expect the LH lounge agents at FRA to not check for cards anymore?
Is there a conclusive answer to this? I dropped to UA Gold this year and did not receive a physical card. Going through FRA in a few hours (LH -> UA) and really need to get into the SEN lounge near Z. Have they been consistent in not requiring a physical card?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by anandrg
Is there a conclusive answer to this? I dropped to UA Gold this year and did not receive a physical card. Going through FRA in a few hours (LH -> UA) and really need to get into the SEN lounge near Z. Have they been consistent in not requiring a physical card?
It seems to depend on the dragon on duty. I was in FRA earlier this month and at first, I as well was denied entry without the physical card. "Everyone can use Photoshop to make something like that" while she also pointed at the famous sign. Only after being adamant about it - while remaining cool and polite, not raising voice - I was eventually let in by a supervisor who happened to pass by at the right time (dragon wasn't planning on calling anyone to verify). Got the stare from the dragon when I passed her again to leave.

Happy that I got my physical card now to avoid these situations, but I hope/expect that this gets sorted out sooner than later.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SonicFlyer69
Received Gold kit on 2/14. Emailed MileagePlus to request physical card, and they said the card has been requested, should arrive within six weeks.

BTW, mystatus.united.com never showed "Pending" or "Shipped" status. Just showed as below:

Received my physical Premier Gold card on 3/29. Took six weeks.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: UA 1K
So MileagePlus Team in Germany just notified me, that they don't ship any more Gold cards - even when manually requested...

Hopefully the US service team is more helpful in this case.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: United 1k , Hertz President's Circle, Avis President's Club, Marriott Platinum, SPG platinum
After 3 failed attempts at procuring the 1k kit, I finally got it in the mail yesterday. Now I am just waiting to see my gold baggage tags come soon!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by delpiero223
So MileagePlus Team in Germany just notified me, that they don't ship any more Gold cards - even when manually requested...

Hopefully the US service team is more helpful in this case.
And Germany is one of the few places where you really want one in you hand. For when you meet an agent at a LH Senator's lounge that will deny you access for no reason.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
And Germany is one of the few places where you really want one in you hand. For when you meet an agent at a LH Senator's lounge that will deny you access for no reason.
Yes, that's exactly why I asked for it. When flying Eurowings it's even worse, as I do always need to show at least the United app.

US support said, they've shipped a card now. Hopefully it's true this time.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
How reliably are the Premier Kits shipped to foreign addresses?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:02 am
formerly gantid

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Platinum, Marriott Platinum elite, *G, Hilton Gold
quick update, I just received my kit in about 4 weeks after calling the service team (US address). it was relatively painless.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:07 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
It's been a comedy of errors, but I finally got ... a membership card. I've been pursuing getting a Premier "kit" since last December and today in the mail I received a membership card. Not sure I want to put any more effort in getting a kit at this point.
Old May 1, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 1984SW
It's been a comedy of errors, but I finally got ... a membership card. I've been pursuing getting a Premier "kit" since last December and today in the mail I received a membership card. Not sure I want to put any more effort in getting a kit at this point.
Do you really care about a luggage tag and some papers explaining your benefits? Not worth the effort IMO if you have the actual card. Gold doesn't get drink chits or anything else exciting.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:08 am

It was a long way, but finally received my Gold card today in Germany

1) January 29th: Requested card via e-mail (in German)
2) February 5th: German support answered, the card has been ordered for me
3) April 5th: Requested the card again (in German) because it has not been delivered yet
4) April 9th: Support (German) answered, that Gold Cards are no longer issued
Not the answer I hoped for, so:
5) April 10th: E-Mail to the US service center asking for a Gold card
6) April 10th: US Support anwers, the card has been requested and should be delivered within 6 weeks
7) May 8th: Finally received the card

Looks like I just have to do the Platinum this year to avoid these issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.