Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Granted, this is the first year I'm no longer 1K, now a Gold, but not once have I ever had to show a card. Not in Sydney, Melbourne, or in Detroit for the Lufthansa lounge. Complete non issue IMO. Munich was a non issue as well.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
As a Gold who has been denied lounge access with just a digital card this is a big deal for me. I've requested a physical card, and won't book a United flight until it arrives. So far this year I've done a lap to Hawaii on Virgin America, and 11 flights on WN. Should hit A-list before end of April.

As someone with an MBA, I totally get that one of my peers looked at the number of UA Golds, how much it costs UA for each *G lounge entry, and how often the cards were actually used. It might be that sending a kit with a card costs $10 and then increases lounge access by an average of 2x/year at $10. So sending a card costs $30, and using the app is "free." From my perspective, this is just not the type of cost management that will drive a revenue premium or loyalty.

Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by geometry
... but then I keep reading posts here that said United no longer issued gold cards. So did they or didn't they make a decision to not send out gold cards? If not, then why did they send the cards to some people and not others? ....(
Can not recall a single case reported on FT THIS YEAR of a Gold having received a Gold card in the past few months without making a special request.

My guess is anyone who received a Gold card newly qualified in late 2017 when cards were still being sent or they are confused about which card they received or their status.

Also no reports yet THIS YEAR on a lounge denial for lack of a physical card. Now anything may happen but hoepfully will be very rare. My guess most people are reporting experiences from a year or two ago which may or may not reflect present practice.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Granted, this is the first year I'm no longer 1K, now a Gold, but not once have I ever had to show a card. Not in Sydney, Melbourne, or in Detroit for the Lufthansa lounge. Complete non issue IMO. Munich was a non issue as well.
Unfortunately there are situations when a card is asked for. For example, I had a situation when my BPs were issued by a 3-rd party vendor at the departure airport and did not have my *G status printed on them. The first leg was with a UA partner and UA app did not show an electronic BP. The card was needed to verify my *G status. This kind of a situation does not come up often, but it does happen.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:25 pm

Platinum here (qualified December), but I haven't gotten anything yet.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
Anyone have any trouble at IAD without the physical card this year? (LH and TK)
No trouble at all -- a boarding pass alone has been sufficient.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA, LH, BA
Originally Posted by FreFly
Unfortunately there are situations when a card is asked for. For example, I had a situation when my BPs were issued by a 3-rd party vendor at the departure airport and did not have my *G status printed on them. The first leg was with a UA partner and UA app did not show an electronic BP. The card was needed to verify my *G status. This kind of a situation does not come up often, but it does happen.
same here... that's how I got denied entry at least 3 times from Star Alliance lounges. They would not accept a screenshot of my gold card or the digital card on the United app displayed on my phone. They want to see the "real" card and since the lounges were packed, they had not time(or interest) in calling United for me. Almost got denied again 3 weeks ago, but the nice agent wasn't busy, so she actually called United to verify.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Originally Posted by geometry
same here... that's how I got denied entry at least 3 times from Star Alliance lounges. They would not accept a screenshot of my gold card or the digital card on the United app displayed on my phone. They want to see the "real" card and since the lounges were packed, they had not time(or interest) in calling United for me. Almost got denied again 3 weeks ago, but the nice agent wasn't busy, so she actually called United to verify.
I had better luck. My e-card was accepted in FRA. The agent said "today only" as this was on February 1 and the e-card has no expiration date (1/2018 disappeared, 1/2019 appeared on February 2).
My 1K kit was waiting for me when I got back home, so I do have a current physical card now.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by FreFly
I had better luck. My e-card was accepted in FRA. The agent said "today only" as this was on February 1 and the e-card has no expiration date (1/2018 disappeared, 1/2019 appeared on February 2).
My 1K kit was waiting for me when I got back home, so I do have a current physical card now.
was it that cute brunette lady in her mid-30s? she had really nice shinny red plastic-rim glasses. that's the one I encountered at FRA who called United and let me in after verifying my gold status.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by abaheti
Wow, someone is on the ball at the MP service center email desk. Just got this. It has been since pmUA that I've heard anyone thanked for being MM:
"We’re always glad to hear from one of our most loyal customers. Not many can say they've flown more than a million miles! Thanks for your reply. I’ve requested your card and it should arrive within six weeks. "
How long did it take for the email desk to respond to your request? I "emailed" them a couple days ago via the web interface but it the website never confirmed it was successfully sent or anything. After clicking submit a few times I figured it went through but haven't heard back yet.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by qszwdxefc
How long did it take for the email desk to respond to your request? I "emailed" them a couple days ago via the web interface but it the website never confirmed it was successfully sent or anything. After clicking submit a few times I figured it went through but haven't heard back yet.
First email using the online form got a negative response within a couple of hours, and then my reply to that message by hitting "reply" to the email got the positive response also within a very short time period (couple of hours max). I was very surprised at the speed of each response. Calling also worked if you're not getting a response.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:34 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cyborg
While not an apples to apples situation, yesterday I witnessed a gold *A member challenged by Thai Airways staff at BKK who was in the Business/Royal Silk Class/Star Gold priority boarding line for a flight. She asked to see his Gold Card and he tried to explain to the Gate Agent that he did not have it and his boarding pass did not show status. ...
That is a potential flaw if the BP does not reflect the status -- does that happen commonly on TG?
Clearly a nuisance in that case but later boarding is not a tragedy.

Was the virtual card on the app refused?

Originally Posted by cyborg
... I too am flying on the competition exclusively until the card arrives and perhaps will continue to avoid UA until they change this policy. ...
So trading no chance to use your benefit vs a slim chance you might not get your benefit.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 17, 2018 at 2:48 pm Reason: virtual card?
Old Feb 17, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I called into the MP Service Center today to request a replacement 1K kit. The agent seemed agreeable and said that I should get the kit in mid-March.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
That is a potential flaw if the BP does not reflect the status -- does that happen commonly on TG?
Clearly a nuisance in that case but later boarding is not a tragedy.
:
for me, it always happens with LH..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.