Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by TomMM
Received my Marriot gold kit last week.
I didn’t know that we were supposed to receive Marriot kits as well. Did you have to request that somewhere?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by eeflyer
I didn’t know that we were supposed to receive Marriot kits as well. Did you have to request that somewhere?
Per a UA email, Marriott Gold should automatically renew, per USPS mine and my wife's Marriott kits should arrive in today's mail. As I recall, the first time I had to sign up with either UA or Marriott website, not sure if that's still true.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by abaheti
Per a UA email, Marriott Gold should automatically renew, per USPS mine and my wife's Marriott kits should arrive in today's mail. As I recall, the first time I had to sign up with either UA or Marriott website, not sure if that's still true.
I see. I did have to register when I qualified back in December so my digital materials at Marriott show gold. I didn’t know there was a physical membership kit as well. I’ll try reaching out to Marriott.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eeflyer

I see. I did have to register when I qualified back in December so my digital materials at Marriott show gold. I didn’t know there was a physical membership kit as well. I’ll try reaching out to Marriott.
OK, "kit" might have been a little strong of a term to use. What I received was more of an explanation of benefits..
Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:32 pm

OK, "kit" might have been a little strong of a term to use. What I received was more of an explanation of benefits..
^ okay makes much more sense now. Thanks for the followup.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:39 am

Called in and they'll ship my UA*G card, rep said that in my case this would be no problem because they could see I do a lot of INTL travel. Rep said they were "on request only" this year (with apparently some discretion for the agent?) with the plan of phasing physical cards out entirely next year, although it "depends on upper management" (note: this was a call concerning a Gold card, we didn't discuss Plat or higher). Rep also said that there should be sufficient "pressure" of digital-only holders this year in the lounges worldwide so that the last "holdouts" will start accepting digital cards, justifying the phase-out of physical cards next year.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mozilla
Called in and they'll ship my UA*G card, rep said that in my case this would be no problem because they could see I do a lot of INTL travel. Rep said they were "on request only" this year (with apparently some discretion for the agent?) with the plan of phasing physical cards out entirely next year, although it "depends on upper management" (note: this was a call concerning a Gold card, we didn't discuss Plat or higher). Rep also said that there should be sufficient "pressure" of digital-only holders this year in the lounges worldwide so that the last "holdouts" will start accepting digital cards, justifying the phase-out of physical cards next year.
And for those of us without phones that can run the app (forgetting the simplicity of just flashing a card to get into an Asian priority line or preferring to keep my phone safely tucked away)? I guess I can have my wife do it on her iPhone, then screen shot it and send me the picture to show on my trusty BlackBerry. Sigh. Not that LH dragons would go for it, but when they swipe our cards does it ping a system to check our status or does it just read info stored on the mag strip? In other words, if we could convince one to swipe an old card would it show current status?

"Sufficient pressure"? In other words, tons of people getting denied access and suffering with it until LH et al learn to do things UA's way? That'll go over well. Interesting that in just a few days the phone agents must have been getting calls and being trained up on this issue. Wait for it, UA will offer the cards for tiered pricing ($0 for GS, down to $100 for non status... still more than happy to trade luggage tags for card.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:32 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
my wife's kit came yesterday. UA is so incompetent ... it is no longer funny. 3 weeks after the Elite year ends and UA finally manages to send the stuff. Pathetic.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by abaheti
Not that LH dragons would go for it, but when they swipe our cards does it ping a system to check our status or does it just read info stored on the mag strip? In other words, if we could convince one to swipe an old card would it show current status?
Probably not. Recalling the chaos in 2012 when they shorted the status period from end of Feb to end of Jan and then sent STICKERS for cards extending it back again till systems integrations were completed. I am pretty sure an LH agent could sniff out an expired card before you even reach the podium outside the FRA Senator lounge. Don't know why it isn't enough to have *G printed on bpass.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only location that has asked for my card is the Sen lounge by the B gates.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:56 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by goalie
Received my Gold envelope yesterday in San Francisco (zip code 94115) but goalie- dad, my million miler companion at the same address did not, (tho I expect it to arrive either today or tomorrow) and I also just calledMileagePlus to request physical cards for both of us*

*the rep said that if there is a million mile companion, their physical card will be automatically generated based on the primary account holder requesting a physical card
I received both physical my Gold card and goalie-dad's MM companion physical Gold Card (in the same envelope) in today's mail so it took just under a month from the day I called to request the physical cards

And to add to my quoted post, goalie-dad never received a welcome "kit" as my million mile companion
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
The only location that has asked for my card is the Sen lounge by the B gates.
It's not like many people would know in what airport that Sen lounge by the B gates is.

Answer: Most probably it's the LH Senator Lounge in the B gates in EWR.

Most complaints about needing the UA card showing *A Gold status is with the LH lounges in Germany and other places.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
It's not like many people would know in what airport that Sen lounge by the B gates is.

Answer: Most probably it's the LH Senator Lounge in the B gates in EWR.

Most complaints about needing the UA card showing *A Gold status is with the LH lounges in Germany and other places.
Good guess but I am talking about FRA.
abaheti likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Good guess but I am talking about FRA.
I still win as I hedged my bet by mentioning LH lounges in Germany.

Anyways, United should resolve this issue as some people, like my dear wife, don't own a cell phone and could not produce a card if she was not sent one in the mail. Good that she made Platinum this year but who knows about next year.....
abaheti likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.