Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2018, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by geometry
for me, it always happens with LH..
Same with A3, if checked in at a full service desk. The cardstock passes from Aegean do not reflect my status or any acknowledgement of my Star Alliance status. If my dad (who really doesn’t have a smartphone, let alone a cellphone) was traveling on A3, then he’d be in the weeds.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if someone should write to the Star Alliance customer service to have them clarify the rule and do something about the lack of a physical card (i.e. either mandate airlines to print on boarding pass, make UA issue the cards....)
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA, LH, BA
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
Same with A3, if checked in at a full service desk. The cardstock passes from Aegean do not reflect my status or any acknowledgement of my Star Alliance status. If my dad (who really doesn’t have a smartphone, let alone a cellphone) was traveling on A3, then he’d be in the weeds.

one of the lounge agents told me that they've seen people use photoshopped image of a real digital card, but with the expiration dates altered.... which was why they refused to accept it... physical cards are required.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by username
I wonder if someone should write to the Star Alliance customer service to have them clarify the rule and do something about the lack of a physical card (i.e. either mandate airlines to print on boarding pass, make UA issue the cards....)
In fairness to UA, there are other Star Alliance carriers that no longer issue cards.

Asiana comes to mind: Asiana cease to issue Plastic Membership Card

one of the lounge agents told me that they've seen people use photoshopped image of a real digital card, but with the expiration dates altered.... which was why they refused to accept it... physical cards are required.
I’ve heard that same thing at the A3 Lounge in SKG, of course, I gain access there with my Star Alliance Lounge Card (United Club), but they told me that they aren’t accepting digital cards.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They should only accept digital cards displayed in the UA app. If you tap the image the barcode is shown which I am assuming can be scanned.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TomMM
They should only accept digital cards displayed in the UA app. If you tap the image the barcode is shown which I am assuming can be scanned.
Most international lounges don’t have barcode readers, though, only magnetic stripe reader. What typically happens is an agent will swipe the physical card, realize that they are having no success (magnetic strips on UA Premier Cards have been coded with no info for years now) decide to insert the info in manually with the number on the front.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 7:31 pm

Tried getting a physical silver card via email and still received a no. Despite stating I don't have a smartphone/printer they still said the request can't be accommodated. I think I'm just going to take no for an answer, the CSR on the phone the other day seemed to genuinely try to get one for me and the system wouldn't let her. United might have made it so that only Golds can get a card like this. Consider yourselves lucky if you managed to get one!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:33 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
While in business class the card can still help. Recently my *G card got me pointed to the nicer lounge in Zurich, but business boarding pass alone that said *G didn't do it. Also, I've noticed with award flights that my UA status often doesn't make it all the way through to the boarding pass.

(Interestingly, I had replied to my last response asking them to please forward to a manager so the rep would get bonus points for such quick and good service; I got another reply saying card would be sent, but this time the language about "use virtual app card" was dropped.)
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Received Gold kit on 2/14. Emailed MileagePlus to request physical card, and they said the card has been requested, should arrive within six weeks.

BTW, mystatus.united.com never showed "Pending" or "Shipped" status. Just showed as below:

Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by SonicFlyer69
Received Gold kit on 2/14. Emailed MileagePlus to request physical card, and they said the card has been requested, should arrive within six weeks.

BTW, mystatus.united.com never showed "Pending" or "Shipped" status. Just showed as below:

This is what mine shows also, but I did catch it say pending for what I assume is less than 24 hours one day by sheer dumb luck of checking the site when it switched from nothing -> digital card -> pending -> digital card and has stayed there. I haven't gotten my kit yet - maybe they actually did request one with a card for me? :P
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just for comparison, I still not have not received my 2018 DL Plat kit.

So while UA may be slow here, they are not the worst.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Just for comparison, I still not have not received my 2018 DL Plat kit.

So while UA may be slow here, they are not the worst.
But when do DL's credentials expire? I recall that some other airlines do the rollover later than Feb. 1. Perhaps I'm mis-remembering.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by transportprof
But when do DL's credentials expire?
January 31.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Received my Marriot gold kit last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.