Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I have to gate check on all my trips as my first and final flights are 99% on CRJ 200. I do hope that UA will send me a yellow handle as it's my first time being a 1K. If they don't send me one, do I contact them and ask for a yellow handle or this thing has an official name?
Yes. You can email the 1K desk and ask for the "Yellow bag handle wrap".

You have my condolences on the CR2 frequency.
StuckinITH likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Qualified for 1K on 12/31, received kit in the mail on 1/31.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: United 1k , Hertz President's Circle, Avis President's Club, Marriott Platinum, SPG platinum
My status said that my kit had shipped and I should have already received in mail. I checked my mailbox everyday for a week but no luck- I called 1k line and they are sending me another one. Now if I get 2 of them, double the coasters and double the drink chits?

Also should I expect silver, gold and platinum kits? I qualified for 1k in late August
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by drowelf
When I checked today, status shows as shipped on 01/22! WooHoo ^
I can expect it in 4-6 weeks. BooHoo

Will report back when it actually arrives.
Mine arrived on 01/31 - Nowhere near 4-6 weeks.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Plat, IHG Spire, Hilton,Miles&More
Platinum Member kit received

Qualified on 14Dec2018.
Received Platinum kit today, 1Feb2018.
Platinum Membership/StarGold card, luggage tags, 5 drink chits.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:59 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Qualified for 1k in mid December.
Received a Platinum kit a few days ago and then the 1K kit a few days after.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:39 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mr8
Qualified for 1k in mid December.
Received a Platinum kit a few days ago and then the 1K kit a few days after.
Odd; they must have gotten their wires crossed somewhere to have sent out a Plat kit. They usually don't do incremental kits for requalifying members (e.g. I don't get a Silver, then Gold, then Plat, then 1K kit each year--just the 1K one when I requalify).
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:46 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by exerda
Odd; they must have gotten their wires crossed somewhere to have sent out a Plat kit. They usually don't do incremental kits for requalifying members (e.g. I don't get a Silver, then Gold, then Plat, then 1K kit each year--just the 1K one when I requalify).
This was my first time hitting 1K. I believe the same thing happened when I crossed over to gold and plat in the past.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
Wow...

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes this true, UA seems to have dropped physical Gold cards as they did last year for Silver.

It has been reported you can request a card by calling.

As far as the app, it does not update until Feb 1st -- this has been true for years.

You can go to mystatus.united.com to confirm 2018 status ( if you have not yet received you 2018 membership kit)
For my once a year post...at least certainly in the UA forum...I was shocked to open my packet this evening and find no card - just the munchkin luggage tag with nothing personalized since I am a ‘mere’ gold strictly due to 1.2MM BIM ‘butt in mistakes’ earlier in my life. I thought there must be a mailing error or something, but then thought about it and go to FT to see if they are really that cheap.

They were.

Even WN gives me a card that actually has not one use - beyond ‘thanks’. I can hardly wait for my next check in with Air China using my phone. No need on UA - Won’t be flying them.

Wow, new a level of cheapness by UA.

I will go back to my regularly scheduled flight - on anyone/everyone else. Good riddance.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:02 pm

As reported earlier, mystatus reported shipment on the 18th. Finally received today in SoCal. Slower than most mail I've received, but I digress.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I have to gate check on all my trips as my first and final flights are 99% on CRJ 200. I do hope that UA will send me a yellow handle as it's my first time being a 1K. If they don't send me one, do I contact them and ask for a yellow handle or this thing has an official name?
​​​​​According to the Wiki, the official name seems to be luggage wrap.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:46 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mr8

This was my first time hitting 1K. I believe the same thing happened when I crossed over to gold and plat in the past.
Ah; sorry, I misread your original post.

Still surprised given you met 1K in December that they (recently) shipped your Plat package, then the 1K package.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Still no 1K kit, even though United claims it was sent to their distributor on Dec. 26. I qualified earlier tan ever in 2017, and my shipment is going to arrive later than ever. Off to Malaysia tomorrow, so it will be a couple of weeks before I can discover whether it has arrived.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Originally Posted by FreFly
This is possible but I really hope I am not an unlucky SSSS winner.. When flying on mixed itineraries, I had it happen both ways: UA unable to issue an LH BP when checking in with UA, and LH unable to issue a UA BP when checking in with UA, with no SSSS. I'll find out later today.

By the way, it is February 1 in Europe, and my UA app now shows my 1K card with no expiration date, instead of January 2018 it showed yesterday. I wonder if this will stay, or change to January 2019 in a few days.
To follow up: At check-in for my LH flight I did get a UA BP. Check-in was administered by local, non-LH, stuff and my BPs had my MP number but no status. In FRA, I got into an LH lounge, but I had to show my electronic card and was told that as the card had no expiration date, it will be good only today (February 1). There was no SSSS.
So the late arrival of my 1K kit was not much of a problem for me, although I think that delivering the kits by mid-January is the right thing to do, except maybe for those few customers who are close to a threshold and a late mileage credit can change their status.
The kit was waiting for me at home. And now my electronic card has an expiration date of January 2019.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: Won Kay
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
I am gold, MM so I qualified back in January with my first 4 segments. "Kit" arrived today. Really nothing more than a glossy flyer as there is no physical card or anything else. Looking up thread I'm hoping that's indeed not going to be an issue when I need to use LH lounges in a few months?
This is my second year as a MM Premier Gold, and my "Premier Kit" was equally worthless. I received some useless postage-stamp size Gold bag tag, and that's it. The only thing I've received that actually shows I'm a MM is a worthless lucite tchotchke that I threw in the shitcan. Why can't UA give MMs a Premier card showing that status? Worthless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.