Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:28 pm

Wife's (Silver) kit arrived today.

Mine's (Plat) still pending.

We both re-qualified for our respective statuses on the same flight, so the different processing times are interesting.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jcp3rd
If they put the Premier Kits on a ship in Chicago, and routed that ship through the Great Lakes, and up the St. Lawrence Seaway past Québec, and then through the Panama Canal for West-Coast deliveries...one might find a delivery estimate of 4-6 weeks rather rapid.
Or if it was transported on a UA flight

My Silver arrived today (luggage tag, no card). Spouse's Gold did not. Both shipped 22nd.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat
And my Kit is apparently making its way through the Panama Canal.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:07 pm

My kit was apparently shipped on the 18th but nothing has arrived yet. Reading the posts in this thread makes me doubt that it was actually shipped and that this is more of a "placeholder" date.

Anyway, I requested the physical card this week and was told that it should arrive in six weeks.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Received yesterday (25th) - website says shipped 19th, so just under a week to Bay Area.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Mine arrived yesterday, same day they updated "mystatus" from "pending" to "shipped."
Old Jan 27, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
My MM Premier Gold packet arrived today. No card inside. Luggage tag. Cheap sucks.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 12:08 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by spearsba
My coworker qualified for 1K for the first time in December and got his kit already.

When he qualified for Premier Platinum he got his kit, card and 5 drink chits within a couple weeks. Maybe they track first time qualifiers differently?
I qualfied for Premier -- for the first time ever -- at the beginning of November 2017 and still haven't received anything, so it's not consistent if first-time qualifiers are expedited in any way.

Originally Posted by westleyl
I still haven't received mine. Hopefully, I'll see it by next month! ��

My account went from nothing on 10-January-2018 to "Shipped" on 14-January-2018, but there was never any shipped date nor ETA period shown.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 7:54 am

So I just got my first Premier Silver Kit. This is what was inside. On the back is a place for me to handwrite my name and address. Note that this tag is about 50% of the size of a normal luggage tag. A little dissappointed...

Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:35 am

Got my 1K kit yesterday (26 January), shipped on 19 January. Qualified in late September 2017.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Just got back from Mumbai and found my 2018 GS kit had arrived.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Hopefully you mean the recycle bin
Of course.
But nobody else thinks this is wasteful?
With all the cost cutting going on, wouldn't the money they spend on the fancy-schmancy tri-fold boxes be better spent on something else? Plastic wine-flight holder-things?? Real Ice Cream dishes? Perhaps throw some overtime pay to the Polaris Lounge construction workers?
Old Jan 27, 2018, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by LarrySinNJ
On the back is a place for me to handwrite my name and address. Note that this tag is about 50% of the size of a normal luggage tag. A little dissappointed...
Yes the days of the personalized tags are long gone.

Honestly, if there weren't a handful of lounges that still sometimes require a card, I'd be fine if they'd just dispense with the whole kit. It seems very wasteful.
chavala likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes the days of the personalized tags are long gone.

Honestly, if there weren't a handful of lounges that still sometimes require a card, I'd be fine if they'd just dispense with the whole kit. It seems very wasteful.
Perhaps United could put one year's worth of premier kit production costs into an IT upgrade so that our membership cards had electronic eligibility and expiry programmed into the system, like occurs at Costco. You don't see them re-issuing expensive cards each year, yet they manage to keep track of who has which eiigible membership over the years on the backside of their IT systems.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I qualified in early September and my kit just shipped on the 18th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.