Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chermorg
Looks like January 24 has been pushed back - I wasn't given an actual date but I was told that it's giving an error message when they try to send a replacement card that "Premier Silver not eligible for Replacement Card at this time" - I'l try back in after February 13th probably because I'm a very physical person - I won't even use the mobile boarding passes because I'm too paranoid that my phone won't scan or something haha.
Cardstock by presenting your physical card to an agent for life! (or at least until United stops offering it).
Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Platinum,
requalified in December,
received kit on Jan. 23
Washington DC area.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
When I checked today, status shows as shipped on 01/22! WooHoo ^
I can expect it in 4-6 weeks. BooHoo

Will report back when it actually arrives.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Received my 1K MM box today.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus
Got my Premier Gold packet in the mail - sans the physical card.
I called the Premier Line and was first told "everything's online" and there would be no physical cards sent out anymore.
Then I called the MPSC and was told they'd be sent out next month because of a delay.

What gives?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravelBeat
I called the Premier Line and was first told "everything's online" and there would be no physical cards sent out anymore.
Then I called the MPSC and was told they'd be sent out next month because of a delay.

What gives?
They postponed the replacement ship date from Jan 24 to Feb 13.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TravelBeat

What gives?
It is a confused state at the moment -- reading the thread will show that confusion

-- Gold cards are not part of the regular membership kit (eliminated this year, as Silver has been since 2015)

-- you may (at some point in the future -- mid-February?) request a physical Gold card

-- UA's recommendation for partner lounge access is either by a *G BP or the virtual card available in the phone app

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 25, 2018 at 5:00 pm Reason: Silver started in 2015
Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It is a confused state at the moment -- reading the thread will show that confusion

-- Gold cards are not part of the regular membership kit (eliminated this year, as Silver was last year)

-- you may (at some point in the future -- mid-February?) request a physical Gold card

-- UA's recommendation for partner lounge access is either by a *G BP or the virtual card available in the phone app
Actually, a Silver card hasn’t come with the Kit for US Based members since July 1st 2015. I should know, I joined FT back in 2015 to share my outrage over the situation

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
This isn't good...

I just received my Premier Silver Kit for 2015, I got it through Marriott Platinum and it is set to expire on Jan 31st 2016, luckily, I have a lot of travel until then and will be able to renew my MilleagePlus Silver status. However, today, I got something in the mail I'm very upset about. The card isn't here. Neither is the luggage tag.

I need the card because I do not have a smartphone, and even if I did, I wouldn't have service in areas I travel to (Europe, Canada, Oceania). All I have is the fake letter from Jeff Smisek, and a note that I can view the account online. Here is a picture:

The loss of the luggage tag is a non-issue for me, but the card is quintessential for travel! Especially in select airports in Greece, where having elite status on any partner airline is a major benefit on Aegean Airlines. But how will they no I'm a premier if they don't see the card?
Oct Vw 1K later instructed me to call to special request a card, and that’s what I’ve done for 2015, 2016, 2017 and now 2018.

I personally blame SMI/J for the card being request only.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:13 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD
Nothing for me yet. Will my wife get global services if I have it as well or will she get 1k instead, thanks.
Designated MM companions receive the same basic status as the MM member. So if you're a GS MMer, your companion will be GS as well.

When I first named my wife to the MM companion role this summer, her 1K card came about a month later (actually arrived a bit before my 1K MM kit, IIRC). Her new card was included in my 2018 1K kit (as I think has been the case for MM companions for at least a couple of years now).
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold 75K , Expedia +Gold
I still haven't received mine. Hopefully, I'll see it by next month! ��

Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Received my GS package today (Lifetime GS).
Did your Million Miler companion also receive a whole kit? Last year I didn't get a separate kit, just a membership card as my GS wife's companion.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Just searched on eBay and there are already a couple of listings with people selling their coasters!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Just received my 2MM package with four coasters (NY, LA, SF and BOSTON), drink chits, and MP 1K cards for me and my companion. It is not too bad that I received the package before the end of this month.

Last edited by Kmxu; Jan 25, 2018 at 6:31 pm
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: 3 MMer
Originally Posted by drowelf
When I checked today, status shows as shipped on 01/22! WooHoo ^
I can expect it in 4-6 weeks. BooHoo

Will report back when it actually arrives.
Your kit status:

Shipped!

Your Premier Platinum membership materials were shipped on January 22nd 2018. They should arrive in 4–6 weeks.

All I want are the drink chits which I won't need in 2 weeks when I hit 3MM!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by westleyl
I still haven't received mine. Hopefully, I'll see it by next month! ��

My wife's Platinum kit that was shipped on January 10 arrived on January 24. My 1K kit shipped on January 15 arrived on January 19.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.