Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
I just logged on mystatus.united.com. It took eight days to arrive at home. Shipped!

Your Premier 1K membership materials were shipped on January 17th 2018. They should arrive in 4–6 weeks.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold 75K , Expedia +Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
My wife's Platinum kit that was shipped on January 10 arrived on January 24. My 1K kit shipped on January 15 arrived on January 19.
Hopefully, mine arrives in the next few days!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I just tried to login to the my status page and I'm getting an error? Has anyone else experienced that today? I wanted to see if I went from pending to shipped

UPDATE: I was able to login and my status went from pending to shipped on January 22nd. Nice to see that they're taking care of the backlog. Safe travels!

Last edited by Flying Machine; Jan 25, 2018 at 9:43 pm
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:44 pm

No Kit Yet

MM, GS for many years, 250K PQMs and $40k+ PQDs 2017 - site indicates I’ll be 1k this year rather than GS, so I’ve responded by booking the bulk of my paid first and intl biz flying elsewhere. UA makes their decisions, I make mine - and mine will be to just earn more MM elsewhere. Oh, and no kit yet, nor any mailing status on the mystatus page. Consider me confused about UAs priorities, while freed to sample other carriers.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:21 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Requalified May 19, 2017. Kit shipped January 18. Received today.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:11 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by westleyl
I still haven't received mine. Hopefully, I'll see it by next month! ��

My mystatus turned Green today (daed Jan 18th), a few hours AFTER I received my membership kit
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Huh

So the site says:

Your Premier Platinum membership materials were shipped on January 22nd 2018. They should arrive in 4–6 weeks.

Is this coming by carrier pigeon?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Wife's Gold and my Silver shipped on 1/22. Also 4-6 wks. I can't remember how long they took last year from the shipped date, but I don't think there is any place in the US where, by any shipping method, it could take that long. Will be curious to see if any cards or luggage tags are inside.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: UA Plat
Wink

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
..., but I don't think there is any place in the US where, by any shipping method, it could take that long. ....
If they put the Premier Kits on a ship in Chicago, and routed that ship through the Great Lakes, and up the St. Lawrence Seaway past Québec, and then through the Panama Canal for West-Coast deliveries...one might find a delivery estimate of 4-6 weeks rather rapid.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
My GS MM kit arrived yesterday, Jan 25. I am EWR-based and living in NJ.

The box was heavier than normal, so I knew something different was inside. The coaster set is a nice touch.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jcp3rd
If they put the Premier Kits on a ship in Chicago, and routed that ship through the Great Lakes, and up the St. Lawrence Seaway past Québec, and then through the Panama Canal for West-Coast deliveries...one might find a delivery estimate of 4-6 weeks rather rapid.
I’m pretty sure someone walks with the Premier Kits across the country. Dragging them, ripping them open, and slowly delivering them.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Re qualified end of November, got my 1K kit a few days ago.
I don't understand why everyone loves the coasters. Will you really put something with a company logo on your coffee table? Mine went straight into the "Someday-I'll-sell-this-junk-on-Ebay-Crate"
But the fancy cardboard box and all those adverts went straight into the trash. What a waste -- made me a bit sick really. I wish we could opt out.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
Mine came in two days before leaving for HKG. This'll get me in the SQ lounge on the return. Between my usual stop with SQ and the new AMEX club, I may not enter the UC at all.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Mine shipped on the 22nd (a month and two days after I requalified), per the status page, and arrived today. I'll admit that I like the coasters: Yeah, they're kind of dorky, but that won't stop me from keeping them as a reminder that travel isn't always a pain.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by elitefreak
So the site says:

Your Premier Platinum membership materials were shipped on January 22nd 2018. They should arrive in 4–6 weeks.
Just boilerplate (and coverage for locations outside the USA)

Expect it within a week or less.

Originally Posted by chavala
... But the fancy cardboard box and all those adverts went straight into the trash. ....
Hopefully you mean the recycle bin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.