Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Vulcan
Any suggestions as to who to call?
I called the Mileage Plus Service Center. If you can't locate the number, send me a PM and I'll give it to you (can't post it in the clear, as I understand it).
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
That last point really rang home. I know my UA Mileage Plus # and Marriott Rewards # by heart, but my Aegean Miles & Bonus or Alaska Mileage Plan number (both of whom I’m also elite with) I have absolutely no idea......

It also really frustrates me that UA sends me all these other thick and heavy gimmicks like credit card apps. seasonal merchandise guide, and even sends a bag tag before sending out a card.

If you asked 100 members if they’d want a Membership Card or a Bag Tag, I’m sure most would opt for the card, which is easier to produce.
+1 in opting for the card instead of a bag tag which will probably disappear anyways after the first time you tag the bag.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by naumank
I have not received my new card but I haven’t needed the card for the past several years. In the past, some lounges like LH in EU required the physical card but not any more. Why would anyone want the physical card?
Yes and no. I've had Lufthansa ask me for my card at the lounge when in business to direct me which lounge. And in economy I"ve been asked for my card by a couple of airlines even though my boarding pass said *G. I've also found the card handy in Asian airports to get into the priority lines. My envelope just arrived but only has a luggage tag along with a note noting my MM companion by name -- no cards, which I want.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: United GS/MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Global Services, no cards yet, mystatus.united.com page says "Pending"
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:17 am

Location: Westchester with HPN (LGA, JFK, EWR possible but...)
Programs: AA EXP, UA PP, HHonor Diamond, etc.
I qualified for PP on Christmas day but I have not received any RPUs or kit... well I have old 1K tags on my bag...hahaha
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: UA 1K/1.5 million miler, SU Gold, JL Sapphire
Called United yesterday, they told me that these usually ship in mid-Jan for people that made their requal during the year.

Yes, even if you requaled in July, they will wait to January before sending this to you. Which, honestly, makes little sense since the card, in theory, expires January 31 (so why not ship in November or December to ensure prompt reception). But this is their system: ship mid-Jan, and the card expires before you receive the new card? Bah...
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1k
I requalified for 1k around July or so, received the package late December (was in my mailbox when I landed back home on Jan 1). For context, I'm based in SF.

Some regional airports in Europe find it easier to swipe my 1k card than my boarding pass for some reason. I've seen them struggle with BP and then I just hand them the card and they're happier.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by uecsome
I qualified for PP on Christmas day but I have not received any RPUs...
Something is wrong. If you truly qualified for Plat (usually 4 UA segments, 75k PQMs, and $9k PQDs, or PQD waiver via Chase spend), you should have received RPUs within day or two of qualifying flights posting. If you want the RPUs, it's at a point where you shouldn't be passively waiting for them.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jan 24, 2018 at 10:22 am
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:51 pm

Location: Westchester with HPN (LGA, JFK, EWR possible but...)
Programs: AA EXP, UA PP, HHonor Diamond, etc.
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Something is wrong. If you truly qualified for Plat (usually 4 UA segments, 75k PQMs, and $9k PQDs, or PQD waiver via Chase spend), you should have received RPUs within day or two of qualifying flights posting. If you want the RPUs, it's at a point where you shouldn't be passively waiting for them.
Below is from Premier Status page... I think I passed the thresholds... I''ll wait till February 1 for status change (currently 1k and dropping UA). Thanks for your advice!

Your 2017 year-end snapshot.

Here's a look at what you earned last year toward your 2018 status.

Premier Qualifying Miles

Premier Qualifying Segments

Premier Qualifying Dollars

$11,516
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:24 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Received my GS package today (Lifetime GS).
cranky1K likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Received my 1K kit on Monday 1/22. Loving the coasters!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:33 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Received my Gold envelope yesterday in San Francisco (zip code 94115) but goalie- dad, my million miler companion at the same address did not, (tho I expect it to arrive either today or tomorrow) and I also just calledMileagePlus to request physical cards for both of us*

*the rep said that if there is a million mile companion, their physical card will be automatically generated based on the primary account holder requesting a physical card
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Gold
My status just changed from pending to shipped (was silver, made gold this year). Says the kit was shipped on January 18 and should arrive in 4-6 weeks. LOL!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Got mine today. The coasters were a surprise. I got SFO, LAX, BOS, NYC.

Companion card included.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Received my 1K kit today. Re-qualified in May last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.