Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Duke777
Received my Silver kit a week ago. Went from 1K to Silver. Was hoping for a soft landing after several years as a 1K . I didn't even receive a buy-up offer. GF also received her silver kit a few days later after dropping from gold to silver.
If you want soft landings, fly BA. After 18 months of not flying with them due to a location move, they downgraded me as expected from BA Gold to BA Silver (which by the way is still a good level to have, like UA Gold). And I only reached BA Gold one time.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1K/Million Miler, AA Platinum, Starwood Preferred Gold, Marriot Gold, HHonors Silver
Recieved my Premier 1K kit yesterday, January 29th. I re-qualified for 1K on Dec 26th. My MM companion's 1K card was also included in my Kit. The coasters will be put to use, one can never have too many IMHO.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
My Platinum wife did get the 5 drink chits. She did get the physical card too as reported. No waste of money for us.
I just called about the missing drink chits and they said they aren't handing any reports until after February 15th, and to call back after that.

She also did not get a physical card, so that seems random.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: United 1K, 1.9MM
Received my Premier 1K kit yesterday, January 29th. I re-qualified for 1K on Dec 23rd. My MM companion's 1K card was included in my Kit.

Last edited by acr113; Jan 31, 2018 at 1:53 pm
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Got my GS kit yesterday, MM companion card was included
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
aside from luggage tags, what do they put in the welcome kits?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by MostlyUA
Coasters, drink chits, membership cards, thingies to attach the luggage tags.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Got my GS kit yesterday, MM companion card was included
Ditto. Yesterday as well.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MostlyUA
Depends on your status level but for GS and 1Ks
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Coasters, drink chits, membership cards, thingies to attach the luggage tags.
Plat don't get the Coasters
Gold and Silver just get the luggage tags and some sales materials
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold,1MM, Hilton Honors Silver, Marriott Gold, BA Blue
I received my 1K kit today. I re-qualified on 12/26.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA MM
I am gold, MM so I qualified back in January with my first 4 segments. "Kit" arrived today. Really nothing more than a glossy flyer as there is no physical card or anything else. Looking up thread I'm hoping that's indeed not going to be an issue when I need to use LH lounges in a few months?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
I am gold, MM so I qualified back in January with my first 4 segments. "Kit" arrived today. Really nothing more than a glossy flyer as there is no physical card or anything else. Looking up thread I'm hoping that's indeed not going to be an issue when I need to use LH lounges in a few months?
Shouldn't you be automatically GOLD whether you fly or not? What's the deal with the first 4 segments?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Finally switched to pending today. Chance of me getting it by my flights this weekend is 0 but at least there's progress.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
My kit shipped on the 25th and I have not received it before leaving for Europe.

Tomorrow, February 1, I'll test what it takes to get into an LH *G lounge: I am transferring in FRA from an LH flight to a UA, LH was unable to issue me a UA BP, and I want to get one at a lounge. However, I do not have a BP, my current 1K card will expire tomorrow, and I am not sure the electronic card will update in time to show it.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by FreFly
My kit shipped on the 25th and I have not received it before leaving for Europe.

Tomorrow, February 1, I'll test what it takes to get into an LH *G lounge: I am transferring in FRA from an LH flight to a UA, LH was unable to issue me a UA BP, and I want to get one at a lounge. However, I do not have a BP, my current 1K card will expire tomorrow, and I am not sure the electronic card will update in time to show it.
slightly off topic If you have the United PNR or a way to contact LH for it (I'm presuming your ticket is booked through LH and on LH ticket stock) you can plug it into the United mobile app with your last name and pull up check in on it. You may even be able to find a gate agent somewhere in FRA (either from United or LH) who's willing to try and reprint for you - assuming you find a way to officially "check in" (as if they couldn't print a BP it may not have transferred your "check in" status to UA either).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.