Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Originally Posted by chermorg
slightly off topic If you have the United PNR or a way to contact LH for it (I'm presuming your ticket is booked through LH and on LH ticket stock) you can plug it into the United mobile app with your last name and pull up check in on it. You may even be able to find a gate agent somewhere in FRA (either from United or LH) who's willing to try and reprint for you - assuming you find a way to officially "check in" (as if they couldn't print a BP it may not have transferred your "check in" status to UA either).
Thanks for the information. I am on a United ticket, but the carrier for the first leg, LH, does check-in for all legs. I confirmed with the 1K desk that I am checked in. Seems like LH is not able to issue UA BP for some reason -- I had this happen before, seems random. There are many places I can get a BP in FRA, but LH lounge near Z gates is most convenient and also has a UA agent. I am just curious whether they will let me in without a BP and a current *G card. This would cause some inconvenience.

Back on topic. UA seems to send a mixed message to elite flyers. We appreciate your loyalty and give you valuable benefits. But you are not valuable enough to ship your credentials promptly. We'd rather save a few bucks.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
I qualified for 1K on 12/24/17, and I logged into MyStatus.United.com today and it says that my kit status is still pending. Perhaps my kit is still being assembled by hand, with lots of love.

The coasters look cool, but aside from that, I'm not really sure what I'm too excited about. How many 1K's actually use the yellow baggage handle? Personally, I like the appearance of my all black Tumi, and I feel like the yellow baggage handle just screams "look at me! I fly a lot!" (for the 2% of travelers that know what it represents.)
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Got 2 kits today, one Plat and one 1K. Made 1K on 12/30, so I guess they thought I may not make it. Best part is 5 more drink chits!
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by FreFly
Thanks for the information. I am on a United ticket, but the carrier for the first leg, LH, does check-in for all legs. I confirmed with the 1K desk that I am checked in. Seems like LH is not able to issue UA BP for some reason -- I had this happen before, seems random. There are many places I can get a BP in FRA, but LH lounge near Z gates is most convenient and also has a UA agent. I am just curious whether they will let me in without a BP and a current *G card. This would cause some inconvenience.

Back on topic. UA seems to send a mixed message to elite flyers. We appreciate your loyalty and give you valuable benefits. But you are not valuable enough to ship your credentials promptly. We'd rather save a few bucks.
Interesting - is your UA MP number on it or are you using a different airline to credit your miles to? If your UA MP number is on the reservation, your BP *should* show up on the app once checked in - even if the first leg is operated by someone else.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by LRMErnst
I qualified for 1K on 12/24/17, and I logged into MyStatus.United.com today and it says that my kit status is still pending. Perhaps my kit is still being assembled by hand, with lots of love.

The coasters look cool, but aside from that, I'm not really sure what I'm too excited about. How many 1K's actually use the yellow baggage handle? Personally, I like the appearance of my all black Tumi, and I feel like the yellow baggage handle just screams "look at me! I fly a lot!" (for the 2% of travelers that know what it represents.)
The yellow baggage handle is the most useful piece of 1K bling. When attached to a gate-checked bag on United Express, the ground crews have gotten pretty good about bringing those bags to the jet way first. For that purpose, I love the way it screams.

And I don't think it comes with the 1K kit. If they are still distributing for new 1Ks, it comes in a separate mailing. Renewing 1Ks have to request a replacement, if needed. Doesn't come every year.
chavala likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by chermorg
Interesting - is your UA MP number on it or are you using a different airline to credit your miles to? If your UA MP number is on the reservation, your BP *should* show up on the app once checked in - even if the first leg is operated by someone else.
Except if the passenger was randomly selected for SSSS.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Received my Platinum kit today. My card, my wife's companion Platinum card, two tags (with bands for connecting to bag) and five drink chits were included.

Last edited by 8MiHi; Jan 31, 2018 at 7:42 pm Reason: added information
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Except if the passenger was randomly selected for SSSS.
This is possible but I really hope I am not an unlucky SSSS winner.. When flying on mixed itineraries, I had it happen both ways: UA unable to issue an LH BP when checking in with UA, and LH unable to issue a UA BP when checking in with UA, with no SSSS. I'll find out later today.

By the way, it is February 1 in Europe, and my UA app now shows my 1K card with no expiration date, instead of January 2018 it showed yesterday. I wonder if this will stay, or change to January 2019 in a few days.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
The yellow baggage handle is the most useful piece of 1K bling. When attached to a gate-checked bag on United Express, the ground crews have gotten pretty good about bringing those bags to the jet way first. For that purpose, I love the way it screams.
I do not gate-check often, so I can neither confirm no deny special handling of the bags with yellow handles. However, having a yellow handle does mean you have 1K status, just that you had it at some point or you have a friend who did. Further more, I am not sure UA sends out the handles any longer. So I would be surprised if priority handling of the gate-checked bags with yellow handles is an official policy.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Got my Platinum kit today - my card + my SO's card + 5 drink vouchers. Status page shows it was shipped on 1/22. I qualified for Plat months ago, but dropped from 1K.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
By the way, it is February 1 in Europe, and my UA app now shows my 1K card with no expiration date, instead of January 2018 it showed yesterday. I wonder if this will stay, or change to January 2019 in a few days.
Same for me now. Expiration date has disappeared on the app. I'm sure it will come back at some point.

I do not gate-check often, so I can neither confirm no deny special handling of the bags with yellow handles. However, having a yellow handle does mean you have 1K status, just that you had it at some point or you have a friend who did. Further more, I am not sure UA sends out the handles any longer. So I would be surprised if priority handling of the gate-checked bags with yellow handles is an official policy.
I gate check all the time. It is still official policy. And 1Ks can order the bag wrap and it will still be sent.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I have to gate check on all my trips as my first and final flights are 99% on CRJ 200. I do hope that UA will send me a yellow handle as it's my first time being a 1K. If they don't send me one, do I contact them and ask for a yellow handle or this thing has an official name?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:04 am

Got GS pack in the mail on Monday.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA 2MM
Requalified for 1K on 12/28 and received 1K kit yesterday.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Is it me or did the electronic card on the mileage plus app lose the expiration date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.