Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:56 am

Picked up my kit yesterday, February 2, from the post office. It appeared to have arrived on January 30, 2018 but too big to fit into the mail box. My SO card is in the kit.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle
MP Platinum Kit arrived Feb 2. Achieved plat in Dec
Old Feb 3, 2018, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Your Premier 1K membership materials were shipped on January 17th 2018. They should arrive in 4–6 weeks.

I requalified early Dec.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 3, 2018 at 8:04 pm Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rankourabu
... They should arrive in 4–6 weeks. ....
As had been mention multiple times in this thread the normal (for domestic addresses) is a week or two. Doubt a Canadain address will add more than a couple of days.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by onthesam
I always wanted a set for the bath
Love the Espolon!

Mine arrived yesterday as well; shipped Jan 25.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:25 pm

FYI: I just wrote in to request a physical card and was told that they no longer provide them to Gold members (and presumably only Silver members). Not a big deal; I only wanted one because I had heard there were issues getting into some *G lounges without it. Hopefully won't be an issue when I travel internationally this year.

If others have encountered this, may want to update the wiki.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by windhund
FYI: I just wrote in to request a physical card and was told that they no longer provide them to Gold members (and presumably only Silver members). Not a big deal; I only wanted one because I had heard there were issues getting into some *G lounges without it. Hopefully won't be an issue when I travel internationally this year.

If others have encountered this, may want to update the wiki.
My understanding is that supposedly after a certain date in February we can call and they should process it. That being said, it’s possible they have *completely* done away with them this year. I called and asked for one in Jan but got the “it’s giving me an error” response - didn’t hav estime or desire to ask for a supervisor and press it.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:32 pm

[delete; accidental double-post]

Last edited by windhund; Feb 5, 2018 at 11:47 am
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windhund
I wrote to request a physical card and the response was that they no longer provide them to Gold members. Have others encountered this? If so, may want to update the wiki that requesting a card is no longer an option.

Not a big deal, though. I only wanted one as I had heard about issues getting into *G lounges without a physical card. Hopefully there aren't any issues.
I got a Silver card for myself this year (requested Dec 27th) when I tried requesting one for my mother, I was told February 13th. Here’s the full reply:

Dear Mr. Goutakolis:

I will be happy to request a physical card for your Silver status, however our system is currently down that processes that request, and will be until February 13th. I have reported the issue to our Technical assistance team. After that time frame you may contact us again to submit a new request. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,

xxxxxxxx xxxx
MileagePlus® Service Center

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 4, 2018 at 10:29 pm Reason: non-executive employee full names should not be posted
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:06 am

Subtle Message

So I am a one million miler, allegedly entitled to Premier Gold status forever.

Today I received a package in the mail which had printing on the envelope proclaiming that my 2018 membership materials are contained therein.

The contents were some paper propaganda materials, and a gold coloured extra small luggage tag. No membership card at all.

Is United Airlines trying to tell me something? I usually find them about as subtle as a thermonuclear weapon (and sometimes nearly as violent), but perhaps times have changed.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Golds no longer get cards unless requested, I think.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Golds no longer get cards unless requested, I think.
Correct. If you want a card, you have to request it.

That being said, what did you expect? Was the lack of a card what set you off cause UA does a lot of things (I mean, read the thread lol) and you can't take them personally. Otherwise you're going to basically be getting upset over everything in life.

And congrats on lifetime Gold!
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:14 am

Really? So "membership materials" now consist of one small luggage tag? I would have thought they would just skip it and send an email then.

Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Correct. If you want a card, you have to request it.
OK, I did not know that.

That being said, what did you expect? Was the lack of a card what set you off
I'm not sure what constituted being "set off" here, but as to what I expected, I always received a gold membership card around this time of year in the past (well, I have in all years when I have qualified for gold). So that's what I thought would come again this year. I did not know there was a change in policy.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 6, 2018 at 7:47 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by rberk
Really? So "membership materials" now consist of one small luggage tag? I would have thought they would just skip it and send an email then.
Not sure if there are drink coupons in the Gold kit or not? There are in Plat and 1K.

If you so desire a membership, you may call MPSC to request. With everything moving to the app (which is quite good), that's why Silver/Gold cards are no longer sent out. I think you have to wait till Mid-Feb though and it is strongly recommended if you transit Europe a lot, as those are the airports that sometimes request to see a physical card for membership admittance. I've never had any issues in Asia.

How else would they send those 'paper propoganda materials' if they didn't physically mail them to you! It's also a good reminder to Fly United
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:33 am

Not sure if there are drink coupons in the Gold kit or not? There are in Plat and 1K.
None in mine.

If you so desire a membership, you may call MPSC to request. With everything moving to the app (which is quite good), that's why Silver/Gold cards are no longer sent out. I think you have to wait till Mid-Feb though and it is strongly recommended if you transit Europe a lot, as those are the airports that sometimes request to see a physical card for membership admittance. I've never had any issues in Asia.
Well, if I don't need it, I won't bother, but I have heard about some airports in Europe actually wanting to see the card. But I figured I could probably just print out a card from the website if I needed one (this is possible, I think). I posted more because it just struck me as odd, not because it poses a serious problem. I didn't realise this is the new policy.

IHow else would they send those 'paper propoganda materials' if they didn't physically mail them to you!
Well, they wouldn't, but they could send me electronic propaganda materials instead.

It's also a good reminder to Fly United
They're not working then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.