Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Let's use this thread to report actually delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.

Please no "nothing yet" posts (at least until we get to mid-January (15 Jan 2017 is be more specific) when that mean there is an issue.

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
If everything goes to plan, this is what you are supposed to get this year:

Global Services: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Global Service Perk, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier 1K: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits, Coasters, Luggage Wrap (request)
Premier Platinum: Card, Luggage Tags, Drink Chits
Premier Gold: Card (request), Luggage Tag
Premier Silver: Card (request), Luggage Tag
In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.

Past years

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Now that I'm in Singapore, and enroute to the Southern hemisphere till mid-March, I get word that my 1K kit just arrived back in Vancouver
Old Feb 25, 2018, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Just got my 1K kit. Everything that was supposed to be in it was in it. I hadn't read this thread before receiving my kit so the coasters were a very nice touch. However, they completely screwed up the printing of the L.A. coaster for me. Half of the words L.A. are cut off and the top has a white bar on the top of it. Horrible QA which completely doesn't surprise me coming from UA or any third party they would do business with. Since L.A. is my least favorite city of the four they sent me I guess it's OK?! :-D

-RM
Old Feb 25, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LRMErnst
I qualified for 1K on 12/24/17. On 2/4/18 I finally emailed 1KVoice to request my kit and they replied on 2/5, stating that they have requested my kit, and that it should arrive within six weeks. MyStatus.United.com still shows it as pending...so who knows at this point! Curious as to why I would have to email and request it more than six weeks after I qualified.
Received my 1K Kit on Friday, 2/23/18. The coasters were a very nice touch! I was expecting them to be more of a cardboard material, but the hard plastic makes me think they'll withstand more than a few martinis. Cheers!
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I just got my daily USPS arriving mail message, and one of the items due today is my 2018 kit. But, I got one in January. Perhaps this one will have the missing drink chits and a physical card. We'll see.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: AC SE
Spouse and I both received 1K kits on Feb 26 in YYC, so about 4 weeks after our old cards had expired. We'd both requalified the first week of December.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:02 am

I received my Silver "kit" in the mail last week. In addition to a thank you letter of sorts here's what was inside:

No actual tag was present. I laughed out loud.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by abaheti
I’ve requested your card and it should arrive within six weeks. "
Follow up. One month. I got the "yes we'll send" on Feb 16 and USPS shows something being delivered in today's mail. The envelope says "open to find your 2018 replacement membership materials". Hoping it includes my wife's MM companion card which was also approved. And hoping it isn't just another luggage tag :-)
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Follow up. One month. I got the "yes we'll send" on Feb 16 and USPS shows something being delivered in today's mail. The envelope says "open to find your 2018 replacement membership materials". Hoping it includes my wife's MM companion card which was also approved. And hoping it isn't just another luggage tag :-)
“Replacement” is definitely the card only, not sure if the MM companion is there, though.

Out of curiosity, you have informed delivery?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
“Replacement” is definitely the card only, not sure if the MM companion is there, though.

Out of curiosity, you have informed delivery?
Cool, all I want are the cards for upcoming travel. The envelope says Premier Gold, so also curious to see if it will be a *G card or a MM *G card. Yes, I have informed delivery from USPS (highly recommend it as well as myups and myfedex so I see when packages from all three are entered into the system headed to my address even if I'm not expecting something, and can even divert ups and fedex packages); for daily mail, I leave it on for now but am still undecided.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I received my packet in early Jan and just received an identical one. No idea why, but my drink chits are now doubled.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:53 pm

Cool, all I want are the cards for upcoming travel. The envelope says Premier Gold, so also curious to see if it will be a *G card or a MM *G card.
Excellent. Included my MM card and my wife's *G card. Both cards have a barcode on the back, which I presume matches the "mobile app *G card". If true, maybe *A is switching to barcodes vs swipes at lounges or if maybe this is just UA trying to do it its own way. Either way, glad to have physical cards as I can't run the app. Problem solved for this year.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA, LH, BA
I requalified for Gold back in October or November.

In February, I called UA because I didn't receive a new card with new expiration date. I got denied entry at 3 different Star Alliance lounges(including LH) because I didn't have a new card with new expiration date. They would not accept the virtual card on the United app.

Of course, I didn't get the card that the agent supposedly requested for me. I called two more times during late February and March. Still nothing.

This week. I received 4 cards in different envelopes all within 5 days. Don't know if UA or the post office is to blame for this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by geometry
This week. I received 4 cards in different envelopes all within 5 days. Don't know if UA or the post office is to blame for this.
Sounds like UA bunching up production of cards or bulk mailing to save money and make runs more efficient. I assumed that's why they say "4-6 weeks" or whatever, as it gives them time to bulk up enough to make doing a run worthwhile. Glass half full Friday view: The good news here is that each agent actually did put in a request and each appears to have worked... :-) You're now super 4x Gold Elite!
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA, LH, BA
Sounds like UA bunching up production of cards or bulk mailing to save money and make runs more efficient. I assumed that's why they say "4-6 weeks" or whatever, as it gives them time to bulk up enough to make doing a run worthwhile. Glass half full Friday view: The good news here is that each agent actually did put in a request and each appears to have worked... :-) You're now super 4x Gold Elite!
can I trade in 4 Gold cards for a 1K card?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by geometry
In February, I called UA because I didn't receive a new card with new expiration date. I got denied entry at 3 different Star Alliance lounges(including LH) because I didn't have a new card with new expiration date. They would not accept the virtual card on the United app. ..
Those denials were in 2018?
What about your BP? That should have qualified your also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.