FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:23 pm
chermorg
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
You tweeted @UNITED, and they told you no? Can you ask tweet them again and ask to escalate the case? (Today is the first day that requests have been possible if you didn’t request before the holidays.)

Sometimes a phone agent will say no, because it requires some work to put in the request, but (as I’ve posted earlier) I’m holding a Silver card with a 01/2019 expiry in a 2018 kit right now, so it is entirely possible.

No need to reference anything. Say “I want one because it is necessary for my travel.” That’s your strongest case.
I called originally, mentioning that I required one for my travel organizational reasons when asked why, and she actually claimed to have tried (and gotten an error on the website). I then tweeted and got what looks like some still incorrect message that "Hi there, Greg. You should receive a physical membership card in the kit. " but then "My mistake, Greg. It looks like the physical card is for Premier Gold members and above. " and "Unfortunately, it doesn't look like a possibility for Silver Premier. ". I then was emailing Premier Voice on an unrelated issue and tagged on a request for the status of kit and card and got this reply:

Dear Mr. chermorg,
We’re always glad to hear from Premier Silver members like you. Thanks for writing.

In 2018 our Premier Silver and Gold members will only be issued Digital Cards. I apologize, we are unable to request a physical card even at later date.

Your kit has been requested. I reviewed your MileagePlus Account it does not show that it has been shipped yet. Your kit should be arriving in the next 4-6 weeks. I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you.

I'm glad I could help. Don't hesitate to contact us again if there's anything else we can do.
Regards,
I'm not really inclined to call again just for the purposes of getting a card, but it's not like I call infrequently while travelling so I'll tag a request on to one of those calls probably. Thanks for giving me hope at least :P