Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Working summary (Updated May 2018)

ORD - OPEN near C16, opened Dec 1 2016
SFO - OPEN in previous UC space in International Terminal G, April 30, 2018 (occupies previous UC+ SQ + BR lounge space)
EWR - OPEN old UC near Gate C120, June 4, 2018
IAH - OPEN - E11/E12, top floor of existing UC June 29, 2018
LAX - OPEN 12 January 2019 - Above rotunda near gate 73
IAD - "Under Construction" (2020?) - near C4, existing GFL (GFL converting to UC end of June 2018)
LHR - "Future location" - T2 opposite B46 at existing GFL (still open)
NRT - "Future location" - above existing UC
HKG - "Future location" - above gate 61, existing GFL (still open)

Polaris Progress Tracker 2017.06.26
Originally Posted by UASleeper
United has installed a Polaris Progress Tracker on its webpage, which tracks the progress of aircraft types/routes with Polaris seats and Polaris lounge openings. Here is the link:

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...-desktop-4/p/1

Under the "Aircraft" tab, all currently existing routes serviced by the new 773 (SFO-HKG, EWR-TLV and SFO-NRT are listed) are listed as well as (yet to be converted) 763 and 772 types. For the 763 the listed starting date is "Fall 2017." For the 772 the webpage states "Winter 2017," which sounds optimistic to me as it sounds more like 4th quarter of 2017 than the previously announced first quarter of 2018. Zodiac's output of Polaris seats for all three aircraft types must be ultra smooth by now, if United wants to stick with its predictions. Can't wait to see the first converted 763 in mid July...
Original summary
http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-tracker-mobile/p/2
From [email protected] on 02/27/2017:
Dear XXXXX:
No announcement has been made to let us know when additional United
Polaris lounges will be opening. We are still renovating some of the
locations. Our United Premium Cabin Lounges page on our website will be
updated once the dates are announced. I've included the link for you
below.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...n-lounges.aspx
This does not preclude any rumors from being true.

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..[
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges[url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1769733](wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Print Wikipost

Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-202x

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:41 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by fumje
If it's worth anything, the exterior of construction area looks the same this week as it did in December. To me that suggests they haven't finished planning the lounge. As WineCountryUA noted, the credible announcement tends to come about a month before actual opening. I definitely hope it is open by fall.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Reliable opening dates for SFO, EWR and hopefully IAH did not surfaced until about a month out from opening. Suspect UA has something in mind as far as a date but constructions are such they will likely keep it vague until closer in.

thanks all! Hopefully its open! Would have to trek from TBIT to T7 but I think it would be worth the walk if its open
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
As of late April the lounge was still in a planning phase, but demolition of the existing space was underway.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Lonsinla
thanks all! Hopefully its open! Would have to trek from TBIT to T7 but I think it would be worth the walk if its open
It could be fun to check out, but it's hard for me to really imagine a lounge that's worth doing a TBIT -> T7 round trip if you have access to the *A lounge in TBIT.
chavala and UAinAUS like this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by findark
It could be fun to check out, but it's hard for me to really imagine a lounge that's worth doing a TBIT -> T7 round trip if you have access to the *A lounge in TBIT.
would never fly United on Business over an Asian carrier so this is my only opportunity to check out a Polaris Lounge. The star alliance lounge is pretty decent in LAX but the current Polaris Lounges are definitely a step up with ala carte dining and a new beautiful space.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findark
I'll cop to having done the reverse (T7 -> TBIT and return).
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
That makes more sense because the UC has no showers and crappy food.

I'd probably do the reverse walk just to check out Polaris if I had at least an hour to kill (30 minutes walking, 30 minutes lounge). I figure it's not a bad idea to get a little exercise before strapping in for 12+ hours in a metal tube.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I wonder if the lounge is going to be of any meaningful size. The old GFL was pretty small, but UA has so few flights departing ex-LAX (I think the largest bank is to MEL, SYD and SIN late at night) that I could see them keeping a small one. I hope they find a way to make more space for it, in the event they decide to add some more international destinations in the future.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
With the various demo work going on plus my hazy jet lag from SIN-LAX I was a bit confused...is the new upstairs spacious T7UC a different space from the original T7 RCC near the mouth of T7 on the left as you enter T7? And Polaris will be further down in T7 upstairs where the GFL was?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
...is the new upstairs spacious T7UC a different space from the original T7 RCC near the mouth of T7 on the left as you enter T7? ...
Yes
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
.... And Polaris will be further down in T7 upstairs where the GFL was? ....
Yes
Near Gate 73
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
would never fly United on Business over an Asian carrier so this is my only opportunity to check out a Polaris Lounge. The star alliance lounge is pretty decent in LAX but the current Polaris Lounges are definitely a step up with ala carte dining and a new beautiful space.
I agree.

I'd say TBIT *A F>Polaris>TBIT *A C

Edited to add that *A F and Polaris are very nearly a tie - extra space makes the difference for me.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by greg99
I agree.

Edited to add that *A F and Polaris are very nearly a tie - extra space makes the difference for me.
Personally, I found TBIT *A F lounge underwhelming . . . a small, rather dull space with no views. I actually prefer the J lounge, with its varied, interesting seating areas (including outdoors) and a nice buffet.

Won't be able to compare to Polaris until it opens. But I'm hopeful it will be a little nicer than the *A lounge.
UAinAUS likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:04 am

you can walk through airside from T7 to TBIT and back right?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Personally, I found TBIT *A F lounge underwhelming . . . a small, rather dull space with no views. I actually prefer the J lounge, with its varied, interesting seating areas (including outdoors) and a nice buffet.

Won't be able to compare to Polaris until it opens. But I'm hopeful it will be a little nicer than the *A lounge.
Originally Posted by greg99
I agree.

agreed. the *A F lounge is very underwhelming. the quality of food isn't great and I actually prefer the food and space in the business side than the in the F side. Given that the entire lounge is operated by Air New Zealand, which does not even operate a first class cabin, I am not surprised that the F lounge is so underwhelming. So many star alliance carriers operate a first class cabin out of LAX (SQ, Air China, ANA, Asiana, Lufthansa etc), you would think they would have a better F lounge experience. Looking at the reviews of the Polaris Lounges so far, I would think the Polaris Lounges seem better than the *A F Lounge

Last edited by Lonsinla; Jun 7, 2018 at 7:34 am
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, and the signage is relatively easy to follow now. There is a tunnel that connects the middle of T6 to the middle of T4 (among other things).
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Yes. It's about a 20 minute walk each direction though, which unless you specifically would like the exercise (which is definitely possible), is why I was suggesting it would be hard for the Polaris Lounge to be really worth it for TBIT flights, regardless of how nice it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.