Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Maybe capacity is the main criteria?
Or maybe capacity in the main UC is what drives more or fewer 1K invitations to the former GS lounge. It's been a couple of years, but (assuming they haven't changed the furniture much) the former GS lounge could handle easily 30 people w/ seeming "crowded". Of course, perception of "crowded" varies by the observor.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:51 am

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Let me connect the dots. From postings it is clear more than GSs are invited as multiple 1Ks (just J?) have reported being invited but not all 1Ks. So a larger population is "eligible" but there may be a capacity limit, restricting when the 1Ks are invited.
In that case I can explain... a front desk agent a couple of months ago told me that when the main lounge is at/near capacity, they may direct "one or two" 1K's to the GS lounge... seemed to imply it was at the desk agent's discretion...
Old Jul 21, 2022, 12:36 pm

Does anyone know how security is at lhr t2 these days late in the afternoon on a Sunday (to catch the 320pm to ord)? Should have fast track access as global services even if upgrade does not clear.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chitraveler1975
Does anyone know how security is at lhr t2 these days late in the afternoon on a Sunday (to catch the 320pm to ord)? Should have fast track access as global services even if upgrade does not clear.
FWIW, I had no line for Fastrack at same time on a Thursday.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: *
I was there in last Sunday for a 1600 flight. The fast track line was long and came out into the area of separation from non fast track. An airport official was telling those in the line that if you are in a hurry then best to go to the general (not fast track) line as it was quicker. I left the fast track and went to the general economy line and took me 20 mins to get through.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 9:54 am

Further to that is there any special security requirement for UA at T2? I have carry-on only, checked in and 'travel ready' I'm going to try head straight through *G fast track security unless theres something else that needs doing?
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K, 1MM, 1.8 MM, IC RA
Not unless you get SSSS on your boarding pass, there is no additional screening of carry on luggage. About ten days ago, the Fast Track at T2 was about 40 minutes and very congested. I think it all depends on day and time.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by kodyandgracie
Not unless you get SSSS on your boarding pass, there is no additional screening of carry on luggage. About ten days ago, the Fast Track at T2 was about 40 minutes and very congested. I think it all depends on day and time.
Thanks for the reply. no SSSS on my mobile boarding pass so going to just go straight to security. I've been following it all week so geared myself for well over an hour. So 40min i'll take.

Cheers
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Flying out today from LHR - United club now opens at 5am (wasted 45 minutes in the LH senator lounge) and fast track was empty - breezed right through….

Last edited by bmwe92fan; Jul 23, 2022 at 11:46 pm
Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:03 am

25 minutes through gold track, including a secondary bag inspection

update - at 1pm sunday it was not bad going through. 24 minutes from out of cab to beyond security. Fast track was normal busy, two lanes open, maybe 10 minute wait. Bag stopped for secondary inspection and it was reasonably efficient (one person ahead of us, maybe 5 minute wait in total). Heathrow staff said standard line might have even been faster with six lanes open. They are clearly prepared for mobs, with stanchions placed through and outside the terminal for waiting in line. But it wasn’t any different from pre-covid, honestly.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
update - at 1pm sunday it was not bad going through. 24 minutes from out of cab to beyond security. Fast track was normal busy, two lanes open, maybe 10 minute wait. Bag stopped for secondary inspection and it was reasonably efficient (one person ahead of us, maybe 5 minute wait in total). Heathrow staff said standard line might have even been faster with six lanes open. They are clearly prepared for mobs, with stanchions placed through and outside the terminal for waiting in line. But it wasn’t any different from pre-covid, honestly.
Thanks for this information! I was thinking of creating a new thread about the LHR airport experience for UA flyers, but I guess adding such information to the lounge discussion works. I will be departing out of LHR for the noon flight to EWR on 8/21 and am hoping for a not too terrible experience!
united78 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 4:04 pm

Only 1 lane open in FastTrack security on 5/31 so this means they have doubled capacity. It was a very long wait.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Only 1 lane open in FastTrack security on 5/31 so this means they have doubled capacity. It was a very long wait.
I've only ever seen a maximum of 2 lanes open there over the years up to the great lockdown. I have never, ever, waited more than 10 mins max and it was never the staff, just dummies of passengers. Last time I went through was December 21 and it was painless, 2 lanes, but inexperienced dummies of passengers are the root cause of issues in my experience over many years. But. Thread drift.
Dyce likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
....but inexperienced dummies of passengers are the root cause of issues in my experience over many years.....
Magnified in summer - oysters and European travel are no-gos for me in months w/o "r's in the names.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA PP / DL PM
UA T2 Arrivals Lounge

UA T2 Arrivals Lounge deserted at 0815 on Monday 25 July. No wait for 2 showers. Perhaps there were 3 passengers after me over the next hour? Staff were friendly and courteous. One staff member told me (after I said that I would have expected more people) that UA continues to not advertise that the lounge is open (we did not receive any comms from UA about the lounge). Staff member said that by mid-August, UA will likely proactively communicate Arrivals Lounge availability.
cesco.g, lsquare and IndyHoosier like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.