Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2022, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Had forgotten the UA Arrivals lounge closes at 2pm. What a disappointment for the late flights arriving from the West Coast. We always seem to be an afterthought. Sure, we don't have to worry about hotel checkins, but it is nice to have a place to relax for a few minutes after the immigration queues before heading into town.
SPN Lifer, lsquare and jcturnbull like this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Yes it is possible - depending on your class of service -- if you are arriving in UA in business class then yes you in theory have access to the United Club in T2B -- but depending on your class of service on Oman Air you should consider their options -- as you will have to change terminals in LHR and I can't speak to how they will treat that at transit security these days entering a terminal you will not depart from -- but you could tell them (if in business class on UA) it's the only way to eat and get a shower -- they may let you through....
I am pretty sure you will not be able to enter T2 to access the UA clubs if departing on a T4 flight.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by djmp
I am pretty sure you will not be able to enter T2 to access the UA clubs if departing on a T4 flight.

You certainly can. But it’s a pain.
lsquare, bmwe92fan and VRFast like this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
First time in the old Global First lounge at LHR. Regular 1K in Polaris - I had started to go into the Club when he called me back and said this would be a quieter option. I definitely prefer the self pour and maybe the drinks are higher quality I’m not sure but otherwise the relative quiet is the main benefit.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 7:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by rather_be_on_a_griffin
First time in the old Global First lounge at LHR. Regular 1K in Polaris - I had started to go into the Club when he called me back and said this would be a quieter option. I definitely prefer the self pour and maybe the drinks are higher quality I’m not sure but otherwise the relative quiet is the main benefit.

Wait, what?
Where's the entrance?
Old Sep 12, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by narvik
Wait, what?
Where's the entrance?
the entrance is behind the main desks - ie walk back as if going to the lifts but take the corridor on your left.

at least I presume this was the old GF lounge, it is my first time. You need to scan your BP again at the desk there. I thought it was mostly being reserved for GS but I guess the main club is busy right now (2-3pm)
narvik likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
the entrance is behind the main desks - ie walk back as if going to the lifts but take the corridor on your left.

at least I presume this was the old GF lounge, it is my first time. You need to scan your BP again at the desk there. I thought it was mostly being reserved for GS but I guess the main club is busy right now (2-3pm)
Thanks for that. I asked and she referred to this lounge as a "lounge extension"; I believe entrance is granted with the same rules as the main lounge.
Again, many thanks for posting, just I was noticing how full the main lounge was getting!
Old Sep 12, 2022, 10:06 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by narvik
Thanks for that. I asked and she referred to this lounge as a "lounge extension"; I believe entrance is granted with the same rules as the main lounge.
Based on prior posts in this thread, the old IFL is for GS and some 1Ks in business but a limit on capacity to keep is less crowd. It does appear it is just a walk-in for 1Ks, but if space is available, you may be offered.
narvik likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Was there this morning before my LHR-EWR flight. It did seem it was for 1K/GS as I was directed to this lounge (which I had no idea about) and the people on both sides of me went to the main lounge.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
Question about the arrivals lounge: I used to use it back in the 90s through about 2002 when I traveled to London for work. At that time, those traveling on a paid business class ticket (miles or $) were eligible to use it, but you could not if traveling on an upgraded economy ticket. The way I read the rules now, that doesn't seem to be a condition - it just says for "Polaris business class customers." Am I correct? We are traveling in a few weeks, with PZ upgrades and would like to use it on arrival. It was not open when we went earlier this year. Thanks.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by ms_go
Question about the arrivals lounge: I used to use it back in the 90s through about 2002 when I traveled to London for work. At that time, those traveling on a paid business class ticket (miles or $) were eligible to use it, but you could not if traveling on an upgraded economy ticket. The way I read the rules now, that doesn't seem to be a condition - it just says for "Polaris business class customers." Am I correct? We are traveling in a few weeks, with PZ upgrades and would like to use it on arrival. It was not open when we went earlier this year. Thanks.
Yes, any Polaris business class customer (whether paid, or upgraded, etc) can access the lounge, as long as your flight arrives at LHR before 12:00. Also, the lounge closes at 14:00, so keep that in mind also.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
Yes, any Polaris business class customer (whether paid, or upgraded, etc) can access the lounge, as long as your flight arrives at LHR before 12:00. Also, the lounge closes at 14:00, so keep that in mind also.
Great, thanks! Our scheduled arrival is 9:00 am from Chicago, so we should be fine.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: *
I thought it was mostly being reserved for GS but I guess the main club is busy right now (2-3pm)
​​​​​ During busy afternoon times a much quieter and arguably better option is the SQ lounge. This was few weeks ago with very few empty seats in the United Club which was so crowded and noisy and bustling with people everywhere. Went to SQ and there were four of us in the business lounge and it was so quiet and peaceful.
st530 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)

Updated picture of the ramp outside the LHR UC - almost ready! Anyone know how many new gates this will open up? I know there’ll be one new gate right next to the UC elevator…

Interestingly, on my inbound a week earlier we had to ramp deplane and take a bus. The upside is it saved the walk to immigration, although I actually enjoy stretching my legs after the flight!
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt DIscoverist
LHR Arrivals Lounge?

Has this reopened since covid? Flying Polaris EWR-LHR and would love to use the arrivals lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.