Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bryan7007
Has this reopened since covid? Flying Polaris EWR-LHR and would love to use the arrivals lounge.
Yes, lots of discussion in the main LHR lounge thread here, including the hours, but coming in from EWR won’t be an issue.

ETA: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ounge-now.html

Last edited by ijgordon; Sep 22, 2022 at 12:54 pm
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by bryan7007
Has this reopened since covid? Flying Polaris EWR-LHR and would love to use the arrivals lounge.
Yes... to the left when you exit customs/baggage claim...
Modest food buffet, but also a limited ala carte menu.
Showers. Closes (I think) @ 2pm
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Off-topic but brief.
Originally Posted by lsquare
Speaking about odd words, I always found Piccadilly to sound kind of weird and I have never seen that word used in the US.
Piccadilly Restaurants. I've eaten at one or another several times.
kirkwoodj and lsquare like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:08 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by Dyce

Interestingly, on my inbound a week earlier we had to ramp deplane and take a bus. The upside is it saved the walk to immigration, although I actually enjoy stretching my legs after the flight!
Not sure why but UA use of remote stands has become more frequent at LHR recently. I have been in three flights in last month that used remote stands including one outbound.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ani90
​​​​​ During busy afternoon times a much quieter and arguably better option is the SQ lounge. This was few weeks ago with very few empty seats in the United Club which was so crowded and noisy and bustling with people everywhere. Went to SQ and there were four of us in the business lounge and it was so quiet and peaceful.
I thought about trying it out today, it was even closer to my gate but I wasn’t 100% sure of the admit policy (I’m *G flying J on UA). UA club was busy for sure but no real issue finding a seat. Catering was decent, probably a notch above the EWR Polaris lounge buffet.

Will try the SQ lounge next time - how’s the catering in there? As a former OneWorld guy, I’d always default to the CX lounge when I could, for. Noodles and dim sun.

And any reason to try AC (I think that’s in the B concourse too?)
Old Sep 22, 2022, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ani90
Not sure why but UA use of remote stands has become more frequent at LHR recently. I have been in three flights in last month that used remote stands including one outbound.
Maybe because of ongoing construction, as pictured in post 884? The area coned off seems much larger than it did in December when I was there last - maybe taking a few gates out of use?

Originally Posted by Dyce
Yes... to the left when you exit customs/baggage claim...
Modest food buffet, but also a limited ala carte menu.
Showers. Closes (I think) @ 2pm
Closes at 2, but admittance closes earlier (1?)

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 22, 2022 at 5:10 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon

Will try the SQ lounge next time - how’s the catering in there? As a former OneWorld guy, I’d always default to the CX lounge when I could, for. Noodles and dim sun.
Buffet better at United. When a la carte menu available then SQ sometimes better. If tired of selection at United club then can have Asian choice at SQ. Bar better at United I think.

Originally Posted by ijgordon
And any reason to try AC (I think that’s in the B concourse too?)
Unless changed, I think AC been closing around 2 pm post COVID so not good option to avoid crowded afternoons at United Club. Also food not great.
ijgordon and Silver Fox like this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
1K Z-class. Invited to GS lounge. Nice to have a glass of champagne after a long day
MatthewLAX, Silver Fox and lsquare like this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by cfischer
1K Z-class. Invited to GS lounge. Nice to have a glass of champagne after a long day
Another GS devaluation
I do enjoy popping over to the SQ lounge to get a delicious Singapore Sling while I'm there.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 3:37 am

ICTS at the Lounge?

I have my first trip through LHR since COVID coming up—are they still doing the ICTS sticker at the lounge? I always found it convenient to go straight to the lounge and avoid having to wait for check-in if I had an electronic BP and no bags.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by ToadHallRacing
I have my first trip through LHR since COVID coming up—are they still doing the ICTS sticker at the lounge? I always found it convenient to go straight to the lounge and avoid having to wait for check-in if I had an electronic BP and no bags.
ICTS stickers are no longer done for UK to USA travel.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Was at the London UC for the first time in nearly 5 years this past week. I feel like it used to have a drinks menu(?) pre-pandemic but that was gone, same as it was in the Polaris lounges in EWR. Very frustrating to see craft cocktails be one of the things that disappeared from the soft product. The lounge itself was still excellently spacious as always, with a good hot food selection.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:20 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Another GS devaluation
lol

Not convinced it is an actual GS lounge, per se.
Presumably as a true GS lounge it would be mostly empty, so it's more like an overflow lounge, which is exactly what the person at reception referred it to, when I was there a few weeks ago.
I.e. they'll let 1Ks (or any such riffraff ) in, if the main lounge is full, and this overflow one is empty.
They just likely prioritize based on status; e.g. GS go straight to overflow lounge; then 1K, Platinum, Gold, etc. if the main lounge gets full.
Dyce likes this.

Last edited by narvik; Sep 27, 2022 at 8:11 am
Old Sep 28, 2022, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Was at the London UC for the first time in nearly 5 years this past week. I feel like it used to have a drinks menu(?) pre-pandemic but that was gone, same as it was in the Polaris lounges in EWR. Very frustrating to see craft cocktails be one of the things that disappeared from the soft product. The lounge itself was still excellently spacious as always, with a good hot food selection.
They did used to have cocktail menus for sure. Definitely saw them in 2019. Did you try asking them to make you a cocktail? I miss my espresso Martinis!
Old Sep 28, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
They did used to have cocktail menus for sure. Definitely saw them in 2019. Did you try asking them to make you a cocktail? I miss my espresso Martinis!
I went through May 14, 2022 and there was a cocktail menu (including an outstanding spiced tequila cocktail, "The Grand Diablo"). It would be a real shame if the cocktail menus (and ingredients) were enhanced away... Menu can be found here.
Silver Fox likes this.

Last edited by seanp7; Sep 28, 2022 at 4:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.