Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2024, 1:16 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by hirohito888
. VS clubhouse is better but they don't offer arrivals lounge.
I haven't flown VS in many years but I thought VS had the revivals lounge or is that closed now?
Old Feb 27, 2024, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by ani90
I haven't flown VS in many years but I thought VS had the revivals lounge or is that closed now?
Nope I was wrong. I thought it was closed for some reason.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
I really love the UA Arrivals lounge! It’s very cozy.
I went for the very first time last week. Great! Small, but functional. I was re-checking bags for Iberia at T5, so I just used the lounge for a shower and a quick detox juice, but I thought the setup was great and the staff were friendly. Really wanted to order a full English breakfast but didn't chance it time-wise and went straight to T5 / BA Galleries Club which was adequate.

The actual UA UC at LHR is still miles ahead of BA GC, imo.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 12:24 am

Programs: *

Originally Posted by st530
Possible enhancements (even if short-lived) to the UA GS lounge for SQ F passengers (e.g., return of a la carte)?
Seems SQ decided to cater for their F passengers in a secluded corner of the plaza premium lounge. Seems a real step down; I suspect most may still opt for the crowded United Club.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:55 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
I never noticed how abysmal the food selection is at this lounge until today. Previously, I always went to the Singapore lounge for food and drink. It was always excellent. Beef rendang! Nasi goreng! Yum. Unfortunately, it is now closed for construction. The UC GS section is quiet at least.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 9:46 pm

used this lounge before a late evening star alliance flight
wanted to shower but showers are apparently closed by 530pm

But the lounge is open till 10pm

why cut off shower access so early ahead of closing?

The place was packed even at 8pm. Barely any seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.