Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by walshtex
UA T2 Arrivals Lounge deserted at 0815 on Monday 25 July. No wait for 2 showers. Perhaps there were 3 passengers after me over the next hour? Staff were friendly and courteous. One staff member told me (after I said that I would have expected more people) that UA continues to not advertise that the lounge is open (we did not receive any comms from UA about the lounge). Staff member said that by mid-August, UA will likely proactively communicate Arrivals Lounge availability.
You took 2 showers? Very posh indeed
Xyzzy, lsquare, DELee and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by walshtex
UA T2 Arrivals Lounge deserted at 0815 on Monday 25 July. No wait for 2 showers. Perhaps there were 3 passengers after me over the next hour? Staff were friendly and courteous. One staff member told me (after I said that I would have expected more people) that UA continues to not advertise that the lounge is open (we did not receive any comms from UA about the lounge). Staff member said that by mid-August, UA will likely proactively communicate Arrivals Lounge availability.
What were the food offerings like?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by cesco.g
What were the food offerings like?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34340858-post715.html

Was there a few weeks ago, and the options were the same as the ones shown in the post above. Also had the Breakfast "bowl", which I thought was pretty good. Much better than the UA food onboard (which granted isn't difficult to accomplish). Kitchen closed at 1 pm, an hour before the lounge itself closes.
cesco.g and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA PP / DL PM
LOL - repeat customer in the same visit. Brought my TARDIS with me.

Speaking of the showers, there was room to open a carry on bag on a small shelf. My traveling companion (in a separate shower) managed to maneuver a checked bag and a carry on bag, but probably only because both bags were "bucket" (v clamshell). And, apologies, I didn't mean to start a clamshell v. bucket debate here.

I noted that a clothes-pressing service was available (by leaving the items in a compartment within the door to shower "suite").
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA PP / DL PM
Agreed - same menu. Food in the buffet area was restocked frequently.

A la carte items were brought quickly and, although the portions were not huge, we had no problems ordering additional items.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Currently in the LHR arrival lounge having breakfast - took some pics so you could see what to expect…. In case you are wondering - I ordered the breakfast bowl…

Uh, less than believable fresh fruit salad...

far-fetched
/ˌfärˈfeCHt/
adjective
adjective: far-fetched; adjective: farfetched
  1. unlikely and unconvincing; implausible.
Also interested in supper food for breakfast...

David
jsloan and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
Uh, less than believable fresh fruit salad...

Also interested in supper food for breakfast...

David
Clearly typed by the same helpful employee who did the onboard menu ex LHR headed “Untied Airlines”.
Dyce and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I've never been to the Arrivals lounge before. In your opinion, when is the last flight from US-LHR to take in order to have time to clear customs, get to the lounge, eat and shower?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by lsquare
I've never been to the Arrivals lounge before. In your opinion, when is the last flight from US-LHR to take in order to have time to clear customs, get to the lounge, eat and shower?
The entrance to the Arrivals Lounge is directly next to the exit from Customs / baggage claim. IIRC, the lounge closes at 2PM, (Kitchen may close earlier).

Flight arrival around 12:30 would allow enough time to shower and eat. Could probably accommodate later, though by then I would be likely be looking to get into my hotel instead.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by goodeats21
The entrance to the Arrivals Lounge is directly next to the exit from Customs / baggage claim. IIRC, the lounge closes at 2PM, (Kitchen may close earlier).

Flight arrival around 12:30 would allow enough time to shower and eat. Could probably accommodate later, though by then I would be likely be looking to get into my hotel instead.
I'm always hungry when I get off the plane. Nothing beat having a meal after arrival! Is there a place to store luggage?

My skin dries very quickly after a shower. Does UA provide free moisturizer?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: *
Originally Posted by lsquare
Flight arrival 12.30 will not predictably give you time for the arrivals lounge. Flight delays are sporadic, but not infrequent, now and immigration at LHR is hit and miss so with 12.30 scheduled arrival it is a luck of draw whether you will be in the lounge by even 1.30. That said, I think the only UA overnight flight that arrives after noon, prior to lounge closure, would be from Denver at 12.20.
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by ani90; Jul 26, 2022 at 8:45 am
Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve

Assuming one has access to the lounge with that arrival time. UA website says that only arrivals before noon are eligible. No idea if this is actually checked however.

Yes, lounge closes at 2 pm. Kitchen stopped taking orders after 1 pm on my last visit.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by econ
Assuming one has access to the lounge with that arrival time. UA website says that only arrivals before noon are eligible. No idea if this is actually checked however.

Yes, lounge closes at 2 pm. Kitchen stopped taking orders after 1 pm on my last visit.
Interesting. I never caught the "arrival before Noon" restriction.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
pre-COVID, there used to be a list of eligible customers at the entrance to the lounge. I am guessing that this was the way that they checked whether the particular flight was eligible, otherwise they could simply rely on boarding passes.
Xyzzy, lsquare and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
pre-COVID, there used to be a list of eligible customers at the entrance to the lounge. I am guessing that this was the way that they checked whether the particular flight was eligible, otherwise they could simply rely on boarding passes.
I do remember that also.

However, on my recent visit I just scanned my boarding pass and they went off the computer. I don’t remember them checking a paper list this time.
lsquare and IndyHoosier like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.