Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
My money would be on LH.
Indeed. If the UA lounge is empty it’s great; otherwise I personally go for SQ and then AC.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by mpiotrow
Thanks for the update...good to know! I'm flying out or LHR tomorrow, and have been wondering how early I needed to get there. I'm shooing for 3ish hours (mainly to give myself some time to hop around to the misc lounges...I'm flying out of T2A, so will have to make the walk back from T2B at some point).
You'll probably need more time than that if you're aiming to do some lounge hopping. I have never been to T2 before so I don't know how things are. At T3, it's been a mess. I don't know if anything have changed in the past week, but T3 got so busy that they had reps forcing people to line up to get the security screening area. Even flying business doesn't get me any advantages as everyone had to line up to use the escalators to get to the second floor at T3. It was only after lining up for 30-40 minutes before I got to the second floor was I able to use fast track. The other time I was at T3, the longest part was lining up to check-in as the Delta app said they needed to manually review my documentations.

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
VS is outstanding at LHR and really can’t be beat. But BA is more on a par with UA. At T5, top tier and First get a unique security lane but an indifferent lounge. Biz class and other elites get two very poor lounges and one adequate one. UA get only a *G security privilege (personally the longest wait I have experienced in over a hundred flights was 4 minutes), but a choice of 3 very good lounges.
BA at T3 benefits from the CX lounge which is excellent. But, generally, the key difference between BA and UA is that BA offers First whereas UA doesn’t.
I totally agree with you about VS. I was there last week and it was fantastic! I read that CX F is good, but I'm not OWE so I wasn't able to try it. My only regret was not getting to LHR even earlier so I can spend more time at the VS lounge. Truly fantastic and I was surprised a lounge of that quality even exist in Europe. I would have expected something of that caliber in Asia like Hong Kong or Singapore.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Let's stick to T2 and UA in this thread /forum, There are better forums for discussing T3 and/or other non *A carriers

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Was surprised to be pointed to the GS lounge on entry today. I am a 1K traveling on a very expensive ticket (nearly $12K LHR-EWR r/t). Was it the ticket price? Was it crowding in the lounge and pointing 1Ks that way? Or is this a standard 1K benefit now?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Stopwatch430
Was surprised to be pointed to the GS lounge on entry today. I am a 1K traveling on a very expensive ticket (nearly $12K LHR-EWR r/t). Was it the ticket price? Was it crowding in the lounge and pointing 1Ks that way? Or is this a standard 1K benefit now?
Agent discretion.. They don’t see ticket price unless they open and delve into the ticket details. Not a 1K benefit - probably more of a profiling. I’m thinking single 1K traveler, in Polaris, not to shabbily dressed. And, yes, to relieve UC crowding.
Dyce likes this.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jun 27, 2022 at 1:43 pm
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Agent discretion.. They don’t see ticket price unless they open and delve into the ticket details. Not a 1K benefit - probably more of a profiling. I’m thinking single 1K traveler, in Polaris, not to shabbily dressed. And, yes, to relieve UC crowding.
Consider that to be a win then.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Seems to be very common right now. 1K in Polaris is invited to the 'GS' lounge. Will be interesting to hear from someone who did not get the invite
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by cfischer
Seems to be very common right now. 1K in Polaris is invited to the 'GS' lounge. Will be interesting to hear from someone who did not get the invite
Many do not get the invite (including myself last month). There are a LOT of 1Ks that go thru LHR every day, not all of them are getting into the "GS lounge".
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Many do not get the invite (including myself last month). There are a LOT of 1Ks that go thru LHR every day, not all of them are getting into the "GS lounge".
May be it is dependent on how crowded the main lounge is, and the agents have discretion to send 1Ks (traveling in Polaris Cabin) to the GS Lounge to relieve the crowding?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
May be it is dependent on how crowded the main lounge is, and the agents have discretion to send 1Ks (traveling in Polaris Cabin) to the GS Lounge to relieve the crowding?
Yeah, I think so. Not sure what the criteria is...if any. I have been invited into the HKG equivalent a couple of time (pre-Covid) but haven't been into the LHR version, even when travelling solo in Polaris.

Be nice to try it once just to check it out, but I enjoy the regular UC at LHR quite a bit anyway, so not a huge deal.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:57 pm

Any news on the United lounge at Heathrow getting the "Polaris" treatment?

I saw that it was on the cards pre pandemic, wondering if it was going to happen at all.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Flying J or Y?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
Flying J or Y?
Both.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 6:19 am

UC in LHR today (Fourth of July)

There was also mac'n'cheese and cornbread. And lots of US flags.
cesco.g, SPN Lifer, seanp7 and 7 others like this.

Last edited by JacobNL; Jul 4, 2022 at 6:32 am
Old Jul 4, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Now that's a touch of class above and beyond -- and solidifies the LHR UC as the best "United Club" in the system -- and better than many / most Polaris lounges (if they bring back the menu service in the GS/FC lounge it's a no brainer).....
seanp7 and Silver Fox like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.