Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K3MM
Originally Posted by Rocketman1
Any idea when the Global First Lounge and the Arrivals Lounge will reopen at LHR?
They are both re-opened within the last 30 days
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Lifetime Platnium Premier, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
Heathrow Global services Check In Location

Customer service doesn't know where it is... Im sure someone on FT does though Anyone mind sharing the secret location?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by jrad99
Customer service doesn't know where it is... Im sure someone on FT does though Anyone mind sharing the secret location?
lol it’s not a secret - it typically has been the first line you see when you are walking up to the UA check in area - but it’s also been all the way to the right sometimes - just look for the GS symbol…. FYI terminal 2 has been a mess lately and they’ve changed up the flow to access the terminal - only allowing entry at the one end of the terminal (which of course the furthest from UA).
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
…. FYI terminal 2 has been a mess lately and they’ve changed up the flow to access the terminal - only allowing entry at the one end of the terminal (which of course the furthest from UA).
The north end near where the Covid testers are/were? Why? Are they checking for evidence of departure or something prior to entry?

Edit: guess if I think about it, it concentrates pre-checkin flow mostly in one direction, once inside.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:54 am

Flying to/from London Heathrow as 1K or business class?

I'm not sure where to really ask this and I don't know if anyone has ever compared the difference of flying into or from London Heathrow as a high-tier elite or in business class with any of the three alliances. I know the comparisons will be tough as the airlines and alliances will have different strengths and weaknesses depending on which cities they're flying out of to Heathrow. Putting that aside, if flying to or from LHR as a UA 1K in Y or even in J, is there an arrival lounge in LHR T2? Does a 1K in Y or a business class passenger have access to priority security at LHR T2? How does the *A lounges in LHR T2 compare to the lounges at OW T3 or even the VS lounge in T3?

I've been able to fly to and from LHR recently on business class with OneWorld and the lounges in T3 are amazing. I didn't expect that from Europe. I was expecting something like this in Asia. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to try out CX F in LHR T3, but I read that it was the best lounge in LHR altogether. The CX J lounge was good and similar to HKG before COVID, but I was more impressed with the VS Galactic lounge. The a la carte dining was impressive. I was able to utilize priority security at T3 with both VS and flying AY. I wonder if UA have something similar and able to provide such experience at LHR T2?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
UA Polaris (Business) class passengers only have access to a T2 arrivals lounge just outside of customs/immigration.

UA’s departure lounge is the United Club, which I’m guessing will be a downgrade from the lounges in T3 you experienced.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jun 21, 2022 at 12:02 pm
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:02 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sau54
I'm not sure where to really ask this and I don't know if anyone has ever compared the difference of flying into or from London Heathrow as a high-tier elite or in business class with any of the three alliances.
Not aware of any such discussion, but there are forums on each of the alliances and general discussion of travel thru LHR

How does the *A lounges in LHR T2 compare to the lounges at OW T3 or even the VS lounge in T3?
discussion of the *A lounges

This forum and thread are about the UA lounges
SPN Lifer and 8MiHi like this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 6:12 pm

Maybe a little off topic, but I’m a GS flying on UA in J to LHR with a connecting flight to FRA on LH, also in J. Will I have access to the United GS lounge? If not, what are my options?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by iflyabunch
Maybe a little off topic, but I’m a GS flying on UA in J to LHR with a connecting flight to FRA on LH, also in J. Will I have access to the United GS lounge? If not, what are my options?
I was able to use it in the past when connecting to Sweden, enjoyed a shower as well.
iflyabunch and sau54 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
UA Polaris (Business) class passengers only have access to a T2 arrivals lounge just outside of customs/immigration.

UA’s departure lounge is the United Club, which I’m guessing will be a downgrade from the lounges in T3 you experienced.
I haven't been to LHR T2 before, but given SQ's reputation, my expectation is that they'll be competitive with the T3 lounges, but given what I have read thus far, I don't think it's going to be impressive! Sounds like the best LHR lounges are at T3!

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Not aware of any such discussion, but there are forums on each of the alliances and general discussion of travel thru LHR

discussion of the *A lounges

This forum and thread are about the UA lounges
Thank you!

What about priority security? Is there dedicated security for 1K flying in economy or in business?

Originally Posted by iflyabunch
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I was able to use it in the past when connecting to Sweden, enjoyed a shower as well.
Is the GS lounge access only for GS elites?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:28 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
.... What about priority security? Is there dedicated security for 1K flying in economy or in business? ....
for 1Ks specifically, no. Just the usual FastTrack
.... Is the GS lounge access only for GS elites?
reports suggest if not busy, 1Ks might get invited.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
for 1Ks specifically, no. Just the usual FastTrack
reports suggest if not busy, 1Ks might get invited.
So LHR T2 doesn't have something similar to VS' Upper Class and BA's First Wing with their own dedicated priority security?

What's the requirement to access LHR T2 FastTrack? Can *G or UA 1K access flying in Y?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
So LHR T2 doesn't have something similar to VS' Upper Class and BA's First Wing with their own dedicated priority security?

What's the requirement to access LHR T2 FastTrack? Can *G or UA 1K access flying in Y?
No.

Yes.
sau54 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
No.
That's unfortunate! Why? I thought LHR was pretty important to at least UA and SQ! I thought there would be more of an effort at least alliance-wide to match the T3 and T5 experience provided by VS and BA.

Yes.
Do you have more details on the access requirement? Surprisingly, none of the travel blogs covered it. I do see information on VS and BAs priority security in T3 and T5. Is it 1K that can access or it's simply because 1K have *G that can access fast track? If so, I'm assuming UA Gold and Platinum will have fast track when flying in economy as well?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles

Can *G or UA 1K access flying in Y?
I believe so, since it's ben marked as a Star Gold lane before

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.