Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
You can, but since it is not an official 1K lounge, I'd probably not ask since it will make them less likely to ever bend the rules in the future if 1Ks start asking for it. I think the interim solution is good: if the main lounge is very overcrowded, certain 1Ks are sent over. But it has to be up to agent.

That's just my two cents.
Ahh, now I see your point. Makes sense!
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:07 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by Microwave
AFAIK the LH lounge at LHR is no longer catered by Do&Co, and is now catered by Sodexo. Unsure what the impact has been to the brekkie offering, though given Sodexo's general reputation I can't imagine it's improved.
this is very unfortunate. the breakfast was very very edible: the eggs (real) were actually scrambled properly, lots of veg and non veg options. i hope they return to LH LHR lounge. AC and UA use(d) Sodexo I believe, most they did (AC MLL) pre-rona was a panini station.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by cur
this is very unfortunate. the breakfast was very very edible: the eggs (real) were actually scrambled properly, lots of veg and non veg options. i hope they return to LH LHR lounge. AC and UA use(d) Sodexo I believe, most they did (AC MLL) pre-rona was a panini station.
UA used to have a buffet selection to build an almost full English breakfast experience! I missed the reopening by a day or so, but I hope it's back.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
.... I'd probably not ask since it will make them less likely to ever bend the rules in the future if 1Ks start asking for it. I think the interim solution is good: if the main lounge is very overcrowded, certain 1Ks are sent over. But it has to be up to agent....
I've been "upgraded" a couple of times to the old GFLs - never asked. Solo traveler, not shabbily dressed, traveling in Business TATL. Three times at IAD and twice at LHR. At IAD, the UC agent wrote my name on a GFL invitation card and sent me on my way. At LHR - they just point east . I hope they deny everyone who asks. Keep it discreet and limited. Too many people getting invited and then (on that basis) too many people asking would probably result in a complete shutout eventually.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jun 14, 2022 at 2:09 pm
Old Jun 14, 2022, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I've been "upgraded" a couple of times to the old GFLs - never asked. Solo traveler, not shabbily dressed, traveling in Business TATL. Three times at IAD and twice at LHR. At IAD, the UC agent wrote my name on a GFL invitation card and sent me on my way. At LHR - they just point east . I hope they deny everyone who asks. Keep it discreet and limited. Too many people getting invited and then (on that basis) too many people asking would probably result in a complete shutout eventually.
Off with ya, yobbos
DELee and Dyce like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 1:31 pm

One more confirmation that the arrivals lounge is open. For anyone who hasn't been before, it reminds me of the old SFO arrivals lounge - small windowless (okay, in this case it's frosted glass separating it from the main arrivals hall) room with light breakfast, coffee, and soft drinks, and a few bathrooms and showers.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aindfan
.... For anyone who hasn't been before, it reminds me of the old SFO arrivals lounge - small windowless (okay, in this case it's frosted glass separating it from the main arrivals hall) room with light breakfast, coffee, and soft drinks, and a few bathrooms and showers.
I've been there before - is the cooked-to-order breakfast still available? Most visitors didn't seem to know about it and just scrounged from the buffet (which wasn't bad in itself).
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: UAMP
Ah I was hoping it would open before my trip, but alas, I'm on United 930 tonight and I don't think I'll quite make it...
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:36 am

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
I was told it was GS Only.

Its really nothing special ATM, just a quieter sitting area and same food/beverages as the main part of the club. Since I live in Paddington I wont get much use of it (HE spoils me); but its nice to know its there.
Yea, I didn't notice anything 'special' other than it was quieter. No bartender/bar either, although some spirits/wine/champagne are available on help yourself basis. Attentive staff do offer to refill drinks...
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:48 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Currently in the LHR arrival lounge having breakfast - took some pics so you could see what to expect…. In case you are wondering - I ordered the breakfast bowl…

Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Ahh, proper bacon
United747, Dyce, mpiotrow and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by findark
Ahh, proper bacon
Not much a 'bowl', though! haha
bmwe92fan, findark and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
Not much a 'bowl', though! haha
Lol - more of a tray - and boy that bacon tasted great - the eggs - not so much - but some Tabasco (always travel with it) helped it out…
mpiotrow and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
It should be made illegal for any catering establishment to put baked beans into a bowl.
lhrsfo and bmwe92fan like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:39 pm

LHR lounges

Any idea when the Global First Lounge and the Arrivals Lounge will reopen at LHR?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 16, 2022 at 5:22 pm Reason: moved to subject thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.