Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by colbyseider
My wife and I will be arriving at LHR in a few weeks in the early morning but we won't be able to access our accommodations until mid-afternoon. Our accommodations will be providing a car service from LHR into London but we have no place to hang out until we can get into our flat.

Neither of us have any kind of status and we will be flying economy. Is it possible to buy access to the United Club for a few hours?

Thanks in advance.
You can purchase a pass but you will not have access to UC on arrival as you will exit the secure area to due immigration , customs and bag pick and will not be able to enter without an onward BP.

The arrival lounge is only for business class customers and does not sell passes.

This is pretty much true for international arrivals with no onward travel worldwide.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by AUSNYCflyer
Yes you can buy access to the United Club at LHR assuming you’re flying on UA (or Star alliance partner). You should be able to buy passes at the door but can also get passes on the app/website in advance. I believe the going rate is $59 USD per person. There may also be club access + economy plus bundles available for your reservation if that’s of interest.
United Club (UC) only accessible on departure in OP's scenario. The OP on arrival cannot physically access the UC even with pass.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe LHR has luggage storage available. I say stash the bags and head into the city for a few hours.
lexdevil likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:37 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
My wife and I will be arriving at LHR in a few weeks in the early morning but we won't be able to access our accommodations until mid-afternoon. Our accommodations will be providing a car service from LHR into London but we have no place to hang out until we can get into our flat.

Neither of us have any kind of status and we will be flying economy. Is it possible to buy access to the United Club for a few hours?

Thanks in advance.
If you are not too shagged out from the flight, you could also take the train in to Paddington Station. There are luggage lockers there that you can rent by the hour or day. That would allow you to wander a bit and possibly sit down for a nice lunch before heading to your accommodations. You could have the car service pick you up at Paddington. Paddington is not the most exciting area, but there are some solid restaurants (lots of Lebanese). It's also pretty close to Hyde Park if you are up to that.

Whether any of the above is attractive depends on how rested you will be (do you sleep easily on planes?) and whether you are keen to maximize your time in London (rather than the airport).
colbyseider and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TomMM
I believe LHR has luggage storage available. I say stash the bags and head into the city for a few hours.
I would take the bags to London and store them there, rather than having to go back to LHR to retrieve them.

If they want to store their bags at LHR, I would pop over to Windsor for lunch and sightseeing, as it is very close to the airport.

Another option might be to see if they could book a day rate at one of the airport hotels and have the car service collect them there. I don't really recommend this, however, as there will be a strong temptation to nap, which will throw their body clocks off and take up to a week to recover from.
Xyzzy, colbyseider and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can book a day-use room at the LHR Hilton for £89 -- https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/lhr...throw-airport/
Just enter same day arrival and departure on reservation. Probably don't want to take too long of a nap, but getting a few hours of sleep after TATL arrival can make a big difference if you can't get into your hotel right away.

colbyseider and lsquare like this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 9, 2022 at 6:03 pm
Old Jul 10, 2022, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
If the "accommodations" are sending a car, then it sounds like the sort of place that might be able to store your luggage until you are able to check in later. They could pick you up on arrival that way. I'd say it's worth asking them.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by cfischer
so you were flying coach and business at the same time ... That's interesting ...
🤣🤣🤣
Old Jul 10, 2022, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
so you were flying coach and business at the same time ... that's interesting ...
Isn't that called self-upgrading?
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.

Thanks in advance.
The Plaza Premium T2 arrivals lounge is somehow still "temporarily closed," but if management there finally stops leaving money on the table and reopens the place in its pre-pandemic form (like, with showers available), I think it would work for your purposes and be worth the $30 or so I remember a two- or three-hour pass costing.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
You can book a day-use room at the LHR Hilton for £89 -- https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/lhr...throw-airport/
Just enter same day arrival and departure on reservation. Probably don't want to take too long of a nap, but getting a few hours of sleep after TATL arrival can make a big difference if you can't get into your hotel right away.

This is brilliant and I am embarrassed I didn’t think of this myself. Thank you very kind stranger!

This is the way!

Thank you to all who replied with the answer to the original question and very good alternative suggestions.

I am taking xliioper's brilliant idea and running with it..

We appreciate everyone here.
SPN Lifer and MatthewLAX like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 10, 2022 at 8:29 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Jul 11, 2022, 9:45 am

Departing ANA F tomorrow and wondering if folks have an opinion on the sikverkris first lounge vs. what I guess is now the GS “side” of the UC? (Been trying to piece together the post pandemic setup and still not quite sure how the UC is split up?)
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by pesos
Departing ANA F tomorrow and wondering if folks have an opinion on the sikverkris first lounge vs. what I guess is now the GS “side” of the UC? (Been trying to piece together the post pandemic setup and still not quite sure how the UC is split up?)
Not clear that you would have access to GS side (unless you are GS). The GS side apparently has same food as UC side and no bartender (serve yourself booze). I bet the SQ F lounge would be far better.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Not clear that you would have access to GS side (unless you are GS). The GS side apparently has same food as UC side and no bartender (serve yourself booze). I bet the SQ F lounge would be far better.
What is SQ F's access requirement?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
What is SQ F's access requirement?
Star alliance outbound intl first ticket. Sounds like from the sq site the first lounge May have operational showers (it says biz showers specifically are closed)
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.