Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DELee
Uh, less than believable fresh fruit salad...

Also interested in supper food for breakfast...

David
Now I'm curious what it was supposed to say.

Or this is a surprise meat bowl?
Old Jul 27, 2022, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by econ
Assuming one has access to the lounge with that arrival time. UA website says that only arrivals before noon are eligible. No idea if this is actually checked however.

Yes, lounge closes at 2 pm. Kitchen stopped taking orders after 1 pm on my last visit.
Noon arrival based on time of arrival at the lounge or aircraft arrival time? It would totally suck if an immigration delay causes me to lose access to the lounge.

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
pre-COVID, there used to be a list of eligible customers at the entrance to the lounge. I am guessing that this was the way that they checked whether the particular flight was eligible, otherwise they could simply rely on boarding passes.
Originally Posted by econ
I do remember that also.

However, on my recent visit I just scanned my boarding pass and they went off the computer. I don’t remember them checking a paper list this time.
DL SLC SC used a scanner at the terminal to check for eligibility. I suspect that over time, more things will be digitized and that there will be less need to manually check a list for eligibility.
​​​​​​​
Old Jul 27, 2022, 9:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by BR787
Now I'm curious what it was supposed to say.

Or this is a surprise meat bowl?
I'm guessing "Super food yoghurt"?

Sad to see no more eggs benedict on the menu. They seemed to do a good job on those the several times I ordered it.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by stanj
I'm guessing "Super food yoghurt"?

Sad to see no more eggs benedict on the menu. They seemed to do a good job on those the several times I ordered it.
Ah, I was actually curious about right above that. The "far-fetched fruits" which can't be right, but ya "super food yoghurt" sounds right for the "supper..." line.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 12:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by BR787
Ah, I was actually curious about right above that. The "far-fetched fruits" which can't be right, but ya "super food yoghurt" sounds right for the "supper..." line.
I'd guess "farm-fetched" on that one. Or possibly a reference to exotic fruits?

Maybe a new FlyerTalk game--what on earth does UnTied mean by that?
lhrsfo, Dyce and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)

I find it safer not to speculate when it comes to United catering
SPN Lifer, Xyzzy, stanj and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus

Perhaps farm-fresh-fruits?
SPN Lifer, stanj, BR787 and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:51 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Perhaps farm-fresh-fruits?
Makes the most sense, but some really sloppy proofreading.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Makes the most sense, but some really sloppy proofreading.
I assumed it really meant "Far-Fetched Fruits" - sort of a UK saying where they have no fruit lol -- like exotic fruits from around the world.... Either way after a red-eye I didn't notice any of these things lol!
Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Uh, less than believable fresh fruit salad...

far-fetched
/ˌfärˈfeCHt/
adjective
adjective: far-fetched; adjective: farfetched
  1. unlikely and unconvincing; implausible.
David
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I assumed it really meant "Far-Fetched Fruits" - sort of a UK saying where they have no fruit lol -- like exotic fruits from around the world.... Either way after a red-eye I didn't notice any of these things lol!
So do we have any native British who could comment on if this is a English colloquialism?

David
Old Jul 27, 2022, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by Dyce
I find it safer not to speculate when it comes to United catering
Sometimes that's the best we can do when there's no menus and they ask you "Beef or Pasta?" even in Polaris.
lsquare and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 2:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
That's what came to mind as well: Fruits fetched from far away distances?

It being the only meal description in quotes is kind of bizarre also.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 5:29 am

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
So do we have any native British who could comment on if this is a English colloquialism?

David
nothing I’ve ever heard of, but based on accents I don’t think all the employees there have English as their first language so my guess is just interpretation mistakes, human or Google
SPN Lifer and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold

David
No, it's not a British colloquialism, or anything at all common. However, it's very likely that none of the employees in the Lounge will be native English speakers, so I would guess that it's some form of mis-translation. My bet would be exotic fruits, from a far-flung location. But it could well be local fruits which might be exotic for whoever was typing the menu. However, as a Londoner, I won't be tasting these intriguing items as I have no use for an Arrivals Lounge...

As a point of reference, it's very common in London for any shop that isn't a chain to be using signs with spelling mistakes and odd words. Currently (the latest figures from the ONS dated Nov 21) 37% of people living in London were born abroad. It is believed that this 37% is more concentrated in lower paid work, so it gives a point of reference to the difficulties you might have in communicating if you are only used to doing so with native English speakers.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
No, it's not a British colloquialism, or anything at all common. However, it's very likely that none of the employees in the Lounge will be native English speakers, so I would guess that it's some form of mis-translation. My bet would be exotic fruits, from a far-flung location. But it could well be local fruits which might be exotic for whoever was typing the menu. However, as a Londoner, I won't be tasting these intriguing items as I have no use for an Arrivals Lounge...

As a point of reference, it's very common in London for any shop that isn't a chain to be using signs with spelling mistakes and odd words. Currently (the latest figures from the ONS dated Nov 21) 37% of people living in London were born abroad. It is believed that this 37% is more concentrated in lower paid work, so it gives a point of reference to the difficulties you might have in communicating if you are only used to doing so with native English speakers.
Speaking about odd words, I always found Piccadilly to sound kind of weird and I have never seen that word used in the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.