Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Minimal time for me in the very busy UA Club at LHR this morning as it took 45 mins to drop my bag (Polaris/1K desk) and a further 45 mins to get through the “fast track” security.

Inbound flight last week I used the arrivals lounge which was fairly empty at 8am so took a quick shower and headed out.

Needless to say I’ll be avoiding LHR for a while until they get staffing levels sorted.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:14 pm

I arrived at around 4pm today - ANA checkin was fast and security took roughly 10 minutes total.

Made the trek to the UA club just to check it out - it appears there is no separate GS area, or the woman was clueless, or I didn’t qualify - so after a quick peek around and a scone I headed over to the Silverkris F lounge which I had to myself for an hour or so before some high level Fujifilm exec and Anna Wintour crashed my party 😂
uanj and Microwave like this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pesos
Made the trek to the UA club just to check it out - it appears there is no separate GS area, or the woman was clueless, or I didn’t qualify
I visited the UC earlier this week. After getting my boarding pass to scan, I started to walk toward what I assumed to be the lounge, but the receptionist told me, “No, you’re 1K, go that way” and pointed behind me, to a passageway beside the main entrance. I followed her instruction and wound up in an area with maybe 10 other people total, spread through four seating areas. I assume that’s the GS area that’s been mentioned.
SPN Lifer, pesos and Dyce like this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by jsloan
I visited the UC earlier this week. After getting my boarding pass to scan, I started to walk toward what I assumed to be the lounge, but the receptionist told me, “No, you’re 1K, go that way” and pointed behind me, to a passageway beside the main entrance. I followed her instruction and wound up in an area with maybe 10 other people total, spread through four seating areas. I assume that’s the GS area that’s been mentioned.
Sounds like the former UA First Lounge!
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
Sounds like the former UA First Lounge!
Which is now the GS lounge
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by pesos
….- it appears there is no separate GS area, or the woman was clueless, or I didn’t qualify….
The GS area does exist. If you qualified, you would have been directed to the hallway to left of elevators. Looks like UA is restricting it to its own passengers. Are you GS or just hoping ANA First would get you in? Could be a useful piece of info for other travelers in same situation.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
The GS area does exist. If you qualified, you would have been directed to the hallway to left of elevators. Looks like UA is restricting it to its own passengers. Are you GS or just hoping ANA First would get you in? Could be a useful piece of info for other travelers in same situation.
yep was just on ANA F (no GS) and curious to check it out so I could provide comparison to Silverkris F
Old Jul 13, 2022, 9:37 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Which is now the GS lounge
It seems there is a large range of potential admitees
jsloan likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
"You're welcome to use the United Club extension"

aka the former GFL/VIP space.

The description ("United Club extension") is accurate. But it's still quiet. And I have my memories! Plus, I can pour my own champagne.

Matthew's blog said the a la carte dining was coming back, but I asked today and they seemed to have no idea what it was, let alone whether it's returning.

Last edited by st530; Jul 23, 2022 at 12:43 pm
Old Jul 17, 2022, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by st530
aka the former GFL/VIP space.

The description ("United Club extension") is accurate. But it's still quiet. And I have my memories! Plus, I can pour my own champagne,

Matthew's blog said the a la carte dining was coming back, but I asked today and they seemed to have no idea what it was, let alone whether it's returning.
My visit was June 2nd and I was told by a non-UA staff member restocking food and drinks that the a la carte menu would be back soon. In fact, he volunteered the info—I did not even bring it up.
cesco.g, st530 and Dyce like this.

Last edited by MatthewLAX; Jul 17, 2022 at 12:38 pm
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It seems there is a large range of potential admitees
I’ve been in 3 times in the past six weeks and each time there was no more than 10 ppl in there..
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dyce
I’ve been in 3 times in the past six weeks and each time there was no more than 10 ppl in there..
Maybe capacity is the main criteria?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 17, 2022 at 5:21 pm
Old Jul 17, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
That was about the number of people during my visit earlier today (1130 am to about 1 pm).
Old Jul 17, 2022, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Maybe capacity is the main criteria?
huh? My response was to someone stating there was a large number of eligible passengers… I volunteered three data points of it being a very peaceful / low capacity experience…
Old Jul 17, 2022, 6:59 pm

huh? My response was to someone stating there was a large number of eligible passengers… I volunteered three data points of it being a very peaceful / low capacity experience…
Let me connect the dots. From postings it is clear more than GSs are invited as multiple 1Ks (just J?) have reported being invited but not all 1Ks. So a larger population is "eligible" but there may be a capacity limit, restricting when the 1Ks are invited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.