Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2022, 3:18 am

Programs: *
Originally Posted by 1kBill
I was invited into this lounge as a mere 1K on Saturday. The check-in agent asked me if I would like to go into the 1K quiet lounge, so of course I said yes.
I was also invited into the GS lounge today as 1K as were two other 1Ks I was flying with.

Originally Posted by jackw007

The gate agent said "soon" when I asked about the Arrivals lounge.
GS agent said same to me and that arrival lounge will (likely) open within next two or three weeks.
Xyzzy and ContinentalFan like this.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:46 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

In the Lounge now. GS + no status Polaris passenger + no status SAS economy passenger friend of mine. Didn't blink an eye. (Also Lifetime UC member.)
SPN Lifer and goodeats21 like this.
Old May 30, 2022, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by WhiskeyCavalier
A few questions please.

3) or if any serve scones after 12:30 PM?
4) As a star gold, I read I can hit all 4 lounges, right?
I've never seen scones in any of the lounges and, if it would be any of them, I would guess it would be UA or AC. But, a) they are unlikely to be out before about 3pm as they are not consumed in the UK until mid-afternoon and b) they likely won't come with clotted cream which is the accompaniment which makes scones edible. Without the clotted cream, they are simply not worth having IMHO.

And, yes, you can try all 4 lounges.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: UA GS
Will my husband and I (both GS, both UC members) be eligible to use the GS side of the lounge before a TP flight not purchased as part of a UA itinerary?

Thanks,
jsl42
Old Jun 6, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
In the Lounge now. GS + no status Polaris passenger + no status SAS economy passenger friend of mine. Didn't blink an eye. (Also Lifetime UC member.)
Didn’t blink an eye about what?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:25 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by st530
Didn’t blink an eye about what?
About allowing the three of us in the VIP LHR (f/k/a GS) Lounge.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
About allowing the three of us in the VIP LHR (f/k/a GS) Lounge.
Got it, thanks -- wasn't sure if you meant the regular UC or VIP.

Your experience would suggest current policy is consistent with pre-pandemic policy of allowing GS to have one guest and GS/UC members to have two (to the extent there even is or was a consistent policy).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
they likely won't come with clotted cream
The last time I was in the LHR UA club, which was about a month ago, there were scones in the afternoon. Jam and clotted cream were available as well.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:11 am

Programs: UA
Arrivals lounge opening Monday June 13

Was at the main LHR club today (no invite to the separate VIP area as a solo 1K on a C fare, but main club also not too crowded in early afternoon!); asked about re-opening of arrivals and was told it is slated for next Monday June 13, barring any unexpected changes.

Finally!
Xyzzy and mattg85 like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by bagelstan
Was at the main LHR club today (no invite to the separate VIP area as a solo 1K on a C fare, but main club also not too crowded in early afternoon!); asked about re-opening of arrivals and was told it is slated for next Monday June 13, barring any unexpected changes.
Well, assuming it actually opens then, I may be able to take advantage of it on that first day! I'm currently scheduled to fly in Sunday around noon, and I wouldn't need the arrivals lounge then, but I'm actually hoping to be able to SDC to a flight that arrives first thing Monday morning instead, and this would be very helpful to be able to grab a quick shower before heading straight to the office! Fingers crossed (that I can SDC, and that the arrivals lounge will be open)!
Old Jun 8, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there an option to visit this UC when connecting UA>LH/LX?
(long layover)
Old Jun 8, 2022, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by cesco.g
(long layover)
Yes -- with a lng walk. LH and LX use terminal 2A and UA uses terminal 2B which are connected behind the same security setup.
cesco.g likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mozilla
The last time I was in the LHR UA club, which was about a month ago, there were scones in the afternoon. Jam and clotted cream were available as well.
Scones were available on 02 June. No clotted cream that I saw, just jam.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by cesco.g
(long layover)
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Yes -- with a lng walk.
Walk not as long as often made out if one is a brisk walker. Can easily get from United Club to your A gate in 15 mins. If an average walker then maybe 20. Not much different from getting from the new United Club in EWR to gate C98. For a long layover then certainly could go to United Club and then maybe an hour predeparture then move to the LH lounge and in that case you can stay in lounge till T-20 as the A gates are literally a minute walk. Note that sometimes (but rare) LH flights have been known leave from terminal 2B so check on gate before you make the walk back to 2A.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA EC gold UA gold—MM Hilton Diamond Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by bagelstan

Finally!
I hope you are correct. Passed by earlier today and the lounge still had “temporary closure “ notice with absolutely no sign of any interior activity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.