Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 18, 2016, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 1MM

Most of my EU travel is in and out of AMS, but this time it was a quick 24 hour trip to London for a meeting this morning. With time to spare, I actually started in the LH Senator's lounge as I knew their offering would be better. After an hour I decided to make my way to the B gates and check out the new United Club which also has a GF lounge inside.

This lounge is on a whole different level from any UA lounge I have ever been in. It makes the IAD GF lounge laughable in EVERY ASPECT.

I was presented a menu and decided to try the chicken dish.... WOW. It was awesome. I am a professionally trained chef and I was blown away. Service was impeccable and the offerings were *almost* on the level of LF FC lounge.

Good job united!!!
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:22 am

Programs: UA 1k, US ex-CP, NW silver, Marriott plat, SPG gold, Hertz 5*
It really is awesome and as you say not in the tier of TK Istanbul or LH F terminal, but a whole different level from a typical GF lounge let alone a UA or Senator lounge. I find myself more often routing my return trips through LHR for a combination of a zillion flight times as well as a chance to visit the lounge!
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: UA GS
My favorite is the wall of wines and sleeper chairs with curtains between them. It would be nice if those sleeper chairs weren't so slippery though!

This lounge puts the ORD and IAD GFLs to shame.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
I will be there again next week - it really is a great place - at first I was grumbling about the worlds longest walk from ticket counter to gate, but once I got there I was also blown away like OP. Now I go to the airport early just to make sure I have time to enjoy that lounge and eat a proper meal - I love the sit down dining option and the burger is fabulous! I was embarrassed to take pictures but some of the staff in the ORD GFL wanted to see it so I did it... Even the bathrooms are fantastic.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
In the recent press announcement, it was stated that the LHR setup has been run by Sodexo, which United just engaged with to take over all United Club operations globally. It gives me hope.

I haven't had the opportunity to check out the LHR setup in person yet. I was supposed to at the beginning of the year, but ended up changing my flights. With all the great things I keep hearing, makes me want to visit soon.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by goodeats21
In the recent press announcement, it was stated that the LHR setup has been run by Sodexo, which United just engaged with to take over all United Club operations globally. It gives me hope.

I haven't had the opportunity to check out the LHR setup in person yet. I was supposed to at the beginning of the year, but ended up changing my flights. With all the great things I keep hearing, makes me want to visit soon.
I just tried to upload some pictures but it seems that the attachments function isn't working - I'll upload them later when they have resolved the issue...
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:15 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

It's totally awesome, dude.

I know the employees there and they gladly make me a hamburger at 9 am when I get there early. They ask me if I want it before I can ask them to make it for me.

All the bathrooms are private too. Spotless. Almost as nice as my 5* hotel bathrooms. Okay, I might be exaggerating a bit, but not that much.

First class in every way.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by iluv2fly

I know the employees there and they gladly make me a hamburger at 9 am when I get there early. They ask me if I want it before I can ask them to make it for me.

All the bathrooms are private too. Spotless. Almost as nice as my 5* hotel bathrooms. Okay, I might be exaggerating a bit, but not that much.

LOL I took a picture of the bathroom - I'll share it when the site is fixed...
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by iluv2fly

+1000! I go to the airport extra early too to enjoy.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
This sounds exciting. I look forward to my next LHR trip.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
LHR GF lounge - WOW!

Meh. Yes certainly better than any US GFL but after being there at Christmas I found it quite lackluster to the UA lounge across the hall. That lounge blows away in every aspect possible the GFL.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
apology for my ignorance. I have been to LHR twice in the past a few months but never on UA flights. I was on SQ and NH flights leaving LHR.

Is there a separate lounge for GF and United Club?

I was visiting SQ Silverkris Lougne most of my time this past Monday and only stopped by United Club for a short time. I did notice the signs showing United Club and Global First Club Lounge and was not able find separate entrances.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Feb 18, 2016 at 3:39 pm
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
apology for my ignorance. I have been to LHR twice in the past a few months but never on UA flights. I was on SQ and NH flights leaving LHR.

Is there a separate lounge for GF and United Club?

I was visiting SQ Silverkris Lougne most of my time this past Monday and only stopped by United Club for a short time. I did notice the signs showing United Club and Global First Club Lounge and was not find find separate entrances.
When you enter the club you need to turn hard right around the corner and walk into the GFL - the regular club is the other way past the desk... Would love to see YOUR pictures of that club someday - mine won't do it justice like yours could...
Old Feb 18, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
When you enter the club you need to turn hard right around the corner and walk into the GFL - the regular club is the other way past the desk... Would love to see YOUR pictures of that club someday - mine won't do it justice like yours could...
There's some pretty good pictures of the GFL here: https://loungereview.com/lounges/uni...st-lounge-lhr/
Old Feb 18, 2016, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by flyinjer
There's some pretty good pictures of the GFL here: https://loungereview.com/lounges/uni...st-lounge-lhr/
Thanks - no need to post my amateurish ones then!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.